Thread: registering our name clan

i think that we must to move up to get we can register our name clan, so we only can say who is in a our clan. for example: we can register " Celtibero____" and nobody can use that word/ name to play in Gamespy..
    we avoid very problems so, i think

I agree some what with you Alba. However there are some names that are just impossible and impractical to register. Although some prefixes like Celtibero, RVN, RTK, Mizu, LunaRosa 7Bear7 are quite distinctive and almost trademarks, some clan names are not. Master, Wolf, Insane, Elite and some others are not very distinctive. A new person registering a name can easily put MasterAssasin, InsaneCabby, Wolfsomething, although the _ helps the wolves. This can be done without the intention of impersonating and just trying to find a cool name for themselves. This person can have no idea he might be thought of as a member of a particular clan because of his prefix.

On the other hand it seems to be a very remote possibility that someone would accidently put 7bear7Name or RTK#Name by mistake and are overt attempts to impersonate. . The only real recourse clans have is to ban an obvious imposters.

So if Alba tells me or post in .org that CeltiberosXYZ is not a Celtibero's member and is indeed an imposter I my clanm8's and hopefully other clans would/should ban that person. After that person cant get in a majority of the games he/she will probably change.

So for now atleast we must go with each clans word and each clan must support each other in banning imposters.

RTKPaul
    Also Known As: RTKPaul
    "I dont want you to die for your country, no poor son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor son of a bitch die for his country"- George S. Patton

The STW system is good. You made a clan and you password it. I suggest it to be brought back. Here is how I think it should work:

1. A clan "founder" create a clan and password it (same mechanism as in STW, go to a webpage and register it). But I suggest the clan page separate from the member registry page. That page could also have contacts info, clan webpage info, etc. Clan name should be limitted to a number of characters (say 6). The clan "founder" also create a password to give to clan members when they register.

2. A person who want to register a player name would go to "player registration page" and create his name, his password, etc. If he is allowed to join a clan, he would enter the clan's name and password. If he decided not to join a clan, the clan name should remain blank. If he join a clan, his name is automatically prefixed with clan name.

This system also allow non-clan (losely associations of players, such as the Ugli).

3. This is optional: the clan also has the power to kick a person out of the clan. The management is done via clan management page.

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

applause for Ann.
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

There are more than 1 freedom fighter clan around online... spread into games we dont play in... with one exception one time...

It is too late already for us though we are looking if its possible to annex them all under our banner and guidance;)

Senior Member Senior Member LRossaLordJimi's Avatar

I think we can made an official topic with clan members for let people know new recruiting ecc. and also know new clan.
    Ave

p.s. Tempiic,you look nice bearded in avatar...

Audantes Fortuna iuvat
    LRossaLordJimi

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

i agree, that would be nice, a sticky at the top with all the active clans, and links to thier websites, and a small write up for each should suffice

for Example

Clan BLABLABLA
    www.BLABLABLA.com
    Leader: Big King BLA
    Recruiting: Yes
    Description: A New Clan, trying to find its feet who love to spam the foyar
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Senior Member Senior Member LRossaLordJimi's Avatar

Cool

I made a post for this here:
    Clan Members
    Maybe moderators can stick it,deleting useless posts,and we can continue on it.
    Ave

Audantes Fortuna iuvat
    LRossaLordJimi

Oh be quiet Jumi

Around here it seems that im more busy with shaving than actual reading all the posts