Despite the thread title I regard STW as a brilliant game and the marriage of RTS with TBS should spawn a new genre of games. With STW being the first of its kind there are bound to be lots of things that can be improved. My main bete noirs with the game are as follows :-

- Strategic movement - This can be, quite literally, a drag. Dragging units across the map from port to port is tedious and getting units out of castles is a pain too. STW can learn from CIV here - simply click the unit, get a pop-up of all the places it can go to and select - so much easier.

- An AI which doesn't know when it is beaten. Several times I get in a battle where the enemy refuses to run away. You've broken the main army but lots of tiny units head off to all 4 corners of the map and you have to play Shogun Total Tag or Total Hide and Seek to get the victory. This seems unrealistic to me.

I think the game can learn a lot from CIV in it's interface. I'm nitpicking however. Brilliant game and I look forward to similar designs by CA and probably other companies as well who will surely copy the concept.