Thread: Patch for VI

Senior Member Senior Member Jxrc's Avatar

There has been quite a lot of talking regarding the defects in VI, whether a patch will be issued, whether Activision and CA should do something, whether a boycott is necessary etc ...

Since that kind of thread tends to become very long and rather tedious to read, I would suggest we basically set aside any personal opinion on the matter so as to know where we need to look to quickly get an update ... if any ...

If everyone is not totally convinced that a patch is a must, I pretty sure nobody will complain if a patch is issued, so is suggest to stick to that single point ...

Here is my contribution of the day, my latest e-mail to Activision and the answer ...

If you do the same, please do delete the name of the person who has answered you, it is absolutely not necessary to give away names and by doing so we could get that person into some kind trouble (maybe paranoid but better be safe ...)

Customer - 06/19/2003 02:35 AM
    Hello,

I just read rumours that your company would have no intention whatsoever to release a patch in order to fix the various bugs found in VI (56, quick-save, etc.).

Could you please tell me whether it is just a rumour and if something is actually being done in order to find a solution?

Many thanks,

Response (....) - 06/19/2003 09:17 AM
    We don't get any information on patches until they are close top release and we cannot make any comments on rumors. I would wait and hear the official word from the developer of the game before making any judgements. You'll just have to be patient. Were sorry that we don't have any more information for you at this time but we are looking into it.

So none the wiser? No news from the western front Nobody knows anything...

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

Was this a canned reply, or did someone actually stop for a moment and write out that e-mail to you?
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

It doesn't sound canned to me. A real person must have wrote that: Were sorry... instead of We're sorry...
    This space intentionally left blank

I pretty sure someone actually wrote it since a name was mentioned in the reply I got and I would be surprised if they thought it necessary to have the names generated by a computer

Moreover the answer rather stick to my question so it not possible that some kind of AI would have written it ...

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jxrc @ June 19 2003,11:07)]Response (....) - 06/19/2003 09:17 AM
    We don't get any information on patches until they are close top release and we cannot make any comments on rumors. I would wait and hear the official word from the developer of the game before making any judgements. You'll just have to be patient. Were sorry that we don't have any more information for you at this time but we are looking into it.

Hmmmm.........

This does not sound good. This email was to Activision right? According to CA (the developers), it is Activisions decision to make a patch for the game. But this email is seeming to imply that it is up to CA to provide a patch

I am getting confused, who's actual responsibility is it for the making of Patches?
    'Odi et ammo, excrucior' - I love and I hate, it hurts.

'Excretus est ex altitudine' - Shat upon from a great hight.

Arrow

I'm more inclined to believe the devs who stated that it isn't their decision, at the same time I think this e-mailing to Activision is a good thing, the person apparently didn't know anything and just replied in a diplomatic way. But it appears if we continue to e-mail and bug them, those Activision support person(s) might really relay that problem to the decision makers. Nobody likes to respond to the same question over and over again.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Everyone should email.
    give it a shot....

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]we cannot make any comments on rumors.
    yeah cause patch developing is top secret affair and vital to company survival...

this response could fit in any game released by Actiblindness and the fact that they have such a statment ready to dispatch says a lot...
    Legacy for the airwaves.

Customer - 06/26/2003 01:15 AM
    Hello,

The problem is not solved.

No official statement from CA or Activision...

Looking forward for any good news.

Have a nice day

Response - 06/26/2003 10:28 AM
    We have not gotten any word either. We appreciate you continued patience.

No news thus ...

I have also written to CA and got the brush off. You can find my thread on this issue here: http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....;t=8452