Thread: multiple options for the same structure

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Exclamation

okay we all know about the bug that allows two crusades by the same faction to happen (only by AI controlled factions) but has anyone had the same structure appear in the building menu? When playing as the Egyptians, I had this happen all the time. Building one would not make the other go away, and if I built the second one, there was no change in gameplay (I basically wasted the money to remain the same).

Question

Um, what structure are you talking about? The spearmaker you're building?
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Strange, that building in the queue (sp?) looks like a spearmakers guild but has a workshop discription.

Edit: BTW, that two-crusades-thing isn`t a bug. It`s possible to have multiple crusades.

Senior Member Senior Member +DOC+'s Avatar

No, he's talking about the gunsmith and gunsmith workshop.

For the Catholic factions one can't build the gunsmith as it enables Mamluk handgunners to be built, a unit specific for the Egyptian faction.

However, for the Catholic factions to be able to build the gunsmith workshop without the gunsmith, i'm assuming they therefore cannot make the workshop be dependent on the gunsmith being built first.

That's why i think soly is finding that both are available for the Egyptians. The only thing that appears to separate these two buildings is the fact that the gunsmith requires a castle4 and the workshop requires a castle 7. Because Soly has a castle7 in Milan that is the reason why he can build both of them from the get-go.
    =MizuDoc=

Arrow

Ahh, now I see there are two gunsmith buildings in the selection Must be my blind eye day. Yes, I assume what +DOC+ said is a very reasonable explanation. Catholics cannot build basic gunsmith, but Egyptians can, that's why you have two choices with that castle upgrade now.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Oh, yes, got it all wrong. I guess that`s it. So no bug here.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Arrow

okay - thanks for the explanation DOC, you're a keener on game details than I

Also, you only need the workshop to be able to build both mamluk and regular handgunners. Gunsmith only enables you to build mamluk hangunners in provinces that only have a keep, i.e. so that you don't have to build the castle to recruit gunpowder units, unlike other factions. When/if you mod the guns, this can actually be an advantage.

Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch