Thread: Setting FactionSpecificFile

I've tried both

FactionSpecificFile:: Loc\\Eng\\new_default_faction_specific.txt

and

FactionSpecificFile:: new_default_faction_specific.txt

but both times it does not have any idea where or what the file is and everything comes up unknown for names. Has anyone here set this property to something other than default?

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

It will not recognize it because new is not in the file name originally.
    Taking life one day at a time!

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Lord of Storms, our deep, heartfelt appreciation to you for providing mod guidance to our JP's. Thanks.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

I am not sure what you mean by originally? We can't create a separate file and point to it? I copied the DEFAULT_FACTION_SEPECIFIC.TXT and renamed it to new_default_faction_specific.

Are you saying this is not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RaistlinX @ June 24 2003,22:17)]I am not sure what you mean by originally? We can't create a separate file and point to it? I copied the DEFAULT_FACTION_SEPECIFIC.TXT and renamed it to new_default_faction_specific.

Are you saying this is not allowed?
    Yes you can create a new file just dont name it as such keep the original name for your file, that is all the program will recognize . What you need to do is rename the original as a Bak File(Backup) then name your file as just DEFAULT_FACTION_SPECIFIC.TXT and if you need to change back to the original just swap file names , that simple. LOS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (KukriKhan @ June 24 2003,20:34)]Lord of Storms, our deep, heartfelt appreciation to you for providing mod guidance to our JP's. Thanks.
    It is my pleasure KukriKhan I remember my early days here (which actually were not that long ago) and everyone was most helpful to me with my many questions. That is how I learned

Yes I did that as a work around but what is the point of the 'FactionSpecificFile:: ' & 'RegionSpecificFile::' command if we can't set it to something other that what it is already set to? The name of the command itsef implies you are setting it to something specific for that campaign.

There is no logic to that programatically. You have a parameter so you can set it to something per execution. What you seem to be saying is that the value is hard-coded (since the value of the parameter need to be this value) but this doesn't make sense since 1) there is a seperate file for VI and someone from CA stated that the files structure was identical and 2) why do you bother with that line and not just make it a comment line?

I am not arguing with you as much as making an open statement: 'You don't create a parameter field that you can't set a parameter for'. But in this case it may in fact be that way. Maybe someone from CA (if they still read this board) can clear this up.