Thread: Question concering the leader of ur units

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

Ok I recenlty started a VI Campaign with the Irish. I always play with my heritage. Anyway I ahd no horses so I gave the titles to Kerns with great loyalty. Now I can creat horse units so I have giving the titles to the horse units. I have two titles still with Kerns, what are the possible consequences if I srtip them? Also What units should I give them to? High honour obviously, but what size units? Currently I have them with a horse unit of 20. (I play with the smallest unit setting) Should 20 be my lowest? I could give titles to units of 10 but is that really a good idea? Thanks
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

Well... unless your roleplaying and only want to give titles to the more 'noble' units such as knights, I would say that it really does'nt matter what units you give titles to.
    Titles can be used for a number of purposes depending on your need at the time:
    -Early in the game, they can be used to boost loyalty and stave off any early civil wars. However after taking a few provinces and getting good builder virtues with your king you'll want to give titles to generals who will maximise your economy, and the generals acumen will be the prime factor. After taking a province you may notice very low loyalty and giving the governership to a general with high dread will help this considerably. Governerships which confer command stars can give your already high command generals an extra boost. Experiment a little and you will find how useful they can be.

Stripping a general of a title roughly reduces loyalty by the amount added on by the title plus 1 (can anyone confirm?). If this is likely to cause major problems, perhaps consider having the man assassinated or framed for treason (evil eh? )

Arrow

Sometimes the loyalty drops lower than what the title gave, it can be bad if the general had other good V&Vs and a high command rating. He might try a coup. But normally nothing should happen.
    Province titles, you should give them to 4+ acumen guys, unit type doesn't matter. The other titles, give them to low loyalty but somewhat capable generals (good battle V&vs, good command stars (2+ at the very least), or just to any high command star guy to further boost his commanding power.
    Cavalry generals are normally a good choice, other foot (except for archers) are ok too, but must stay behind in battle then, at least at the beginning.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

Horses imp would be better, they can get away from battle quickly and get kills but routing units. I do give htem to at least 3 acum guys though. and 5 loyalty and 3 piety.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*