Thread: HERACLIUS - YOU GREEK PUNK

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Hi.

Here;'s a new book on your namesake.

http://www.semcoop.com/detail/0521814596
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

i think he's on vacation back home , i dun think you ll find him anytime soon . Its hot n sunny in Crete and the food and girls are cool
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Met a greek girl once. We went to dinner, and my girlfriends brother spent the entire dinner looking at her cleavage. This until one of our friends made a remark and everybody knew about it... He's 15, the poor dude, that must have embarassed the hell out of him

He said he was looking at the candle next to her

the poor bastard, what could he say...hahaha
    Legacy for the airwaves.

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Heraclius back in Crete? There's no internet in Crete?
    Stuff the food and the girls - theres no internet

No thats ok - the girls I hear are a delicacy too - not the hairy ones - the blond ones.
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

There is internet ( what did you think Crete is ? the australian outback? ) but if you are in a sub tropical paradise and stay 10 hours a day in front of a pc then you should be shot and burned cause you are allready dead.
    There are no hairy girls in greece , you find those in france and germany. However you gotta be carefull with girls from Crete. Even kissing on of them would get you forcefully married of 6 feet below ground 50 years ago There is a clan like structure that still persists in the internal mountainous regions of the island. Vendetta still is the way to solve things. And they all got a military weapon or 20 in their house. So if they tell you to choose between funeral flowers of wedding flowers they are not joking

LOL I see Greeks are better about this . In Turkey they give you no choice and they choose funreal flowers

Well of course just as in Greece, there are modern families too, who just don't care. So choose carefully

kanuni it used to happen only in Crete and Mani , it doesnt happen anymore fortunatelly . However as i said the interior of the island is still a bit like far west of the 1850's and vendetas still exist.

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Crete, heraclius just HAD to escape to CRETE

meh, guess you ran out of luck kata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

Hey, you people, what are you talking about Crete? Crete is my land, bloody hell

I guess things are like rasoforos describes it... fortunately, very few families shall force you to marry their offspring (or burry you 6 feet under ground if you refuse) but they still do exist.

I am going to Crete also, for a week in August. The rest of my vacation I'll spend with wife in the not-so-famous Koufonisia... a tiny paradise on earth if I might say so

Damned, three more weeks work... and the temperature in Athens has almost reached the 40 C mark... god bless air conditioning

P.S.

Kata, there ain't no blond girls on Crete... at least not natural blondes. Believe me, I've looked thoroughly for 19 years and none of those blondheads I've met was a natural.

As for hairy... you should go to Paris to find those. Shaving has been invented long time ago in Crete.

That is if you are not into 70+ year old ladies... those are hairy as Jimmi Hendrix and I guess they'll be glad to welcome you on Crete

CHIEF HISTORIAN

hmm i need to go to Crete as well then. I miss the place...

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

This isn't a travel agents guys, take this to OT.
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]kanuni it used to happen only in Crete and Mani , it doesnt happen anymore fortunatelly . However as i said the interior of the island is still a bit like far west of the 1850's and vendetas still exist.
    Hah My Greek side of the family can trace its roots to Mani I can certainly vouch for the seriousness with which relationships and marriages are conducted and carried out in that region. My Great-Grandfather was a Maniati and from a very wealthy and affluent family. He made the cardinal mistake of knocking up the maid and dutifully married her. Given her low station there was no shotgun wedding but this sort of cross-class arrangement positively infuriated his mother and father. In fact his father practically disowned him so with little future in Greece he took his wife and made for the States.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

Well no I can't see this going back on topic soon...
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!