Thread: Strange crusade incident

Question

Spanish, Expert, GA

After capping the other crusade destinations I was finally about to get the last one - Antioch. I had invaded and taken over the province but in their defeat, the Egyptians walked-like-themselves right back to their castle. Since it was only a year to wait I decided not to attack (I was also fighing the Byz at this time). So I wait and in the second year when the castle falls, the French come into Antioch with their own crusade Doh. I see some message where the French say that they will peacefully let me have Antioch and the screen pops up with congratulaitons-you have receieved X points. There is much rejoicing (albeit premature)...

So I setup my governor, put more troops in Antioch just in case since the French crusade token is still their on the map and continue on merry way. Well two years pass and on the third year, I get a message saying I lost my crusade province and when I look, the French have it and my 4 full stacks of troops are scattered throughout the neighboring regions Hello? MacFly? Huh?

Can anybody explain what happened? I know it was kind of a rare sequence and synchronization of events but if this is expected behavior, shed some light, please...

Incidently, the Spanish+crusades=tons-of-fun,

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Invalid:

Unwilling to attack due to their desire the protect valuable contractual agreements in Antioch (as well as to reduce the threat of Antiochian terrorist activity in France), the French attempted to veto your unilateral aggression into Antioch, preferring instead to allow inspectors more time to document weapons of mass destruction (bombards, camels, and those crazy hash-smokin dudes, the hashishin).

However, once you had the province they saw the value/need/opportunity to participate in a multi-lateral stewardship, and while your back was turned they threw your ass out.

My suggestion would be to attack Syria, or maybe Liberia.

BTW, are you suffering an economic downturn at home? Perhaps a series of scandals? Maybe the Spanish leader's ratings are down in the polls? Continue to blame the French, and make fun of any dissent at home.

The best bet might be to hang on for several centuries and have your postal system team win the Tour de France

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

I dont like ur post Ichi, even if ur joking, not taking kindly.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

Just a thought, since I don't know much about crusades (I use them only very rarely): have you maybe granted the French a right of passage for that crusade? Also, are they your allies?
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

Reminds me why I do play without using crusades. Always a pain. Furthermore, being the leader in the GA race simply means you're a target for other countries. So I prefer letting those to the others, and making the difference later in the campaign, when I'm stronger.

In fact, many GAs are broken, crusades behave bizarre. And while others focus on them, you can quietly build outside the hotzone. Too much opposition for too little gain.
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better