Thread: Feedback for WesMod(2.02) under VI campaign.

Hi,

I have played three VI campaigns in a row using Wes's [great] mod, using Irish, Northumbrians and Picts on expert, and all three times both the Welsh and the Saxons fell into civil wars that effectively deteriorated the south and southwest provinces of the mainland into rebels. This kills the campaign play, unfortunately, because rebels are just a mop up job. In one of the campaigns I also had the picts lose a king with no heir to illness while not being at war with anyone, and created half a dozen rebel provinces with full stacks. Same thing happened to Scots in another campaign.

Also, the vikings indeed play better with the Trader and more ship emphasis, but they still don't try to keep any of the provinces they raid. In fact, I placed a princess at their capital to watch what they're doing, and saw that despite having over 700 florins of income from that province alone, they would keep the majority of their army (as many as five heirs, each with 120 hurskarls - eek&#33 just sitting there doing nothing, and raiding with the king and another unit or two. They certainly have the manpower now to quelch any rebellions in conquered provinces, but they don't even attempt to use it.

Another problem with the way the vikings play is they don't attack with their superior navy enough. Playing as the Irish, Northumbrians and the Picts, the first thing I did all three times was tech two of my provinces to shipway and make curraghs/boats/longboats and place them around my territories to prevent raids. Although I wasn't at war with them, the Vikings would not attack my zero defense curraghs/boats when they had a ranked general with two or more viking longboats in the same waters, basically making me invincible to their raids. This strategy is definitely too powerful.

Well, hope this helps at all in your development Wes; for me it's back to Byzantines for now

Hello Alx. Thanks for stopping in and posting those comments. WesW was looking for comments on the VI campaigns, so your comments will be helpful. I've copied them into the Med Mod 2.02 topic.
    This space intentionally left blank