Thread: Urban Amphitheatre

A new description from totalwar.com:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Urban Amphitheatre

The Games in this amphitheatre can be quite elaborate, and just having such a venue shows that this town is part of the Roman world. This amphitheatre is built in the larger cities controlled by Rome. These large arenas hold a sizeable number of spectators, and the local people can gather to watch a truly awesome spectacle and witness acts of bravery and virtue by gladiators - because if mere gladiators can be brave, how much braver are true Romans? In this way, the Games become part of the social glue of being Roman. Amphitheatres are also the scene of "votive games", held specifically to please and thank the Gods when danger threatens. In typical Roman fashion, however, the expensive Votive Games are often not held until after the Gods have really done their bit and actually helped in a crisis Urban Amphitheatres often lead to the establishment of Gladiator Barracks where training for the Games takes place.
    http://pub133.ezboard.com/fshogun....1.topic
    All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Great. This probably allows you to train that gladiator unit on the .com. I wonder if it can be upgraded to colloseum status?
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Probably the Colliseum will be a wonder. Perhaps you will be able to build only one Colliseum, like some buildings in MTW.
    All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

hmm i suppose it could improve the gladiator units?
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Hmmm it says it often leads to establishment of another building... DOES THIS MEAN THAT TOWNS WILL MAKE BUILINGS THEMSELVES UNDER CERTAIN CRITERIA? Or is this just a reference to the governor functionality?

I think it just means that the Urban Ampitheatre is a prerequisite for building a Gladiator Barracks.

And I don't think the Gladiator Barracks will improve gladiator units, I think it will allow you to build gladiator units. It would also probably increase the effect of the Urban Ampitheatre because you can provide gladiatorial combat as entertainment.
    There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.