Thread: Midnight Warriors?

Monk of the Blue Ridge Member Mori Zennousha's Avatar

Konnichiwa, all...

first of all, i know that GMT is the standard time kept around here, and for good reason... so the term "midnight" is, of course, relative...

i myself am on the east coast of the USA, in the eastern time zone (EDT, at present), so midnight for me is 4:00am GMT...

i am definately a night owl, and i'm thinking there are others out there that may just happen to play STW WE/MI... if so, check out the Foyer around midnight EDT; i just may be there looking for a game (will be a few minutes late tonight, as i'm currently writing this here, lol)... BTW, as of today, i am able to host on a decent DSL connection, so NP if you can't...

one more thing... though this post is specifically intended for the eastern time zone, i encourage all you night owls, wherever you are, to come on out and play late night games... before long, there could be games non-stop again (yeah, i know, that was then, this is now)... still, there seems to be more interest in STW lately, and maybe a good shot in the arm is just what the community needs...

Sayonara,
    Z
    *bows*

Sorry Zenn...I'm in bed well before midnight.

I'm more of an early morning owl myself, I often check into the foyer at 10:00 or 11:00 EDT, but never find anyone there .

zen im on the east coast US and from what i have heard... we are 5 hours behind GMT.. not 4.. unless you are a timezone in the ocean
    Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain. -Richard M. Nixon

AggonyShim2
    *moons all*

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (AggonyShim2 @ July 07 2003,23:07)]zen im on the east coast US and from what i have heard... we are 5 hours behind GMT.. not 4.. unless you are a timezone in the ocean :)
    actually, m8, that's only true during standard time, or for half of the year... we are currently in daylight time (one hour ahead of standard time); GMT does not observe daylight time... thus, during daylight time, we are only 4 hours behind GMT...

that's the main reason people around the world use GMT to coordinate time... it never changes, regardless of who may or may not observe daylight time... you just have to know your own offset, and adjust it ahead or back 1 hour every six months or so... unless, of course, you're part of the world doesn't observe daylight time... or time in general...

Z

Mimesaka...

10:00 or 11:00 EDT, eh? well, given my current sleeping habits, i may or may not be up at that time
    but, i'll make it a point to check in around then for the next couple of days... always up for a battle, especially with such an honorable opponent... in any event, i'll see you in the Foyer soon...

sayonara,
    Z

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

That is pretty much later than when I play. Midnight GMT is about my time, or more precisely 11pm - 2am. Sometimes earlier depending whether I get chance to play, but not lately.
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

I'd be prepared to stay up all night For the sake of Tenki and personal enjoyment.

TS
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu

You can catch me in the game foyer most evenings between ummm 6.00pm and 10pm GMT and throughout the weekend too..especially sunday
    If anyone is stuck for a game the can reach me on msn messenger too ShinGaiJin2@msn.com always happy to do battle..if somewhat badly of late

ShinGaiJin