Thread: something lacking?

Question

i love playing total war especially vikings and at same time i am a bif fan of games like europa universalis 2 and civilization 3.....

i love the battles in this game and the wealth of almost all the historical units, personalities etc..

but on strategic level i find it missing something like more diplomatic options dynastic politics i mean europe and middle east was vibrate with intruges etc....i miss having more events in the game....and i wish we had choice of been slightly more involved in running your provinces of your empire as you cant really relate to your faction if the province is just a abstract theme..

to me this is am almost perfect game....i dont mean it as criticism....but a way for other players to voice their thoughts on this any comments
    Leonidas (Agiad King, 491-480, Killed at Battle of Thermopylae)

When Xerxes wrote again: 'Deliver up your arms,' he wrote back: 'Come and take them.'

He passed the word to his soldiers to eat breakfast in the expectation that they would be having dinner in Hades.

You're not alone in that thought khurjan. To its credit, MTW was a big improvement over STW. I can only imagine that the strategic/diplomatic aspects of the game will get better with each new incarnation of the TW series. Realistically though, it will never be perfect. There will always be something you think could be done better.
    This space intentionally left blank

true does anyone remembers board game republic of roman by avalon hills...i am pinning my hopes that total war rome will be like that....atm only game close to that model is legions but sadly its a bit flawed game

my perfect vision would be a game marrying best of total war and eu2...but not be too hard cored to frighten casual gamers

i worked on eu2, legions and chariots of war recently

in all i tried persuading the studio to go for the matchup of cross between total war and eu2

but sadly the publishers strategy first had the final say they wanted money not a game made for fans
    Leonidas (Agiad King, 491-480, Killed at Battle of Thermopylae)

When Xerxes wrote again: 'Deliver up your arms,' he wrote back: 'Come and take them.'

He passed the word to his soldiers to eat breakfast in the expectation that they would be having dinner in Hades.

Put together MTW and EU2. I've thoght about this myself and have seen others make such a wishfull thinking. It would be one hell of a game. It would also be an enourmous investment for the company which dared to make such an impressive game. One can dream though...
    Legacy for the airwaves.