Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Emperor of Byzantium

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

Ok thanks I'll try that right now, the prob is I need to transfer it from a floppy to my other pc (the internet one, which is this one lol) to send it. Hope fully it will work.

*Edit* All right it worked I apoligize for the length of time it took but I am going to email the file now. I'll type of my rein tomorow, its late here and south park is on lol.

*Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

I have recieved the file and begun my reign. I await word of my father's reign.
    Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer

Don't take a week playing like Minikiller did :P I'm heading off on sunday or monday..
    --Lan

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

I'm sorry guys I would love to write out a big grand lecture on how i did, u know like how i opened up my rein but i cant, i dunno i just seem so tired lately, i feel just idunno but in short I took over all but 1 province of the hungarains becasue they attacked me. Took over 3 provinces for the almohads, um germans are destroying all my ships, and are started to attack my ceneter rein oh ya and i held back 2 crusades (1 still there but weak) to constantinopel.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

O.K

I hope Minikiller can give us more later. Couple of things to address:

First, there is now a new rule. No more quizzing potential monarchs. I can appreciate Mini-Killer's motives for doing it but the unfortunate victem in this was Jlan. He certainly went back through the posts and came up with an answer. Unfortunately, he answered the wrong question. Herein lies part of the problem; it is more than possible to ask an unclear question. Then what? I already decided to let this continue simply because I did not forbid it before but I do so now. Too many potential problems. Again, I appreciate Mini-Killer's motives but I know how easily this could have blown up if Jlan had been less calm (Thanks Jlan).

Bringing me to my next point. Casca's idea is acceptable to me. (he actually hit upon my idea for the next game)I'll happily make an exception to my list rule (this once though) and have Jlan play next reign.

Jlan: you mentioned that you leave Sunday or Monday. When do you return? Casca will take a while to finish so it probably won't be a problem to hold up until you return. Just let me know how long. If you say nothing though, I'll not hold it for you. That would be too open ended. Answer some time before Casca finishes.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

I will probably be gone for about 1 week, a few days more or less...
    --Lan

The funeral procession for Nicephorus IV was truly an impressive one. Throngs of people lined both sides of the streets from the Gate of Charisius to the Church of the Holy Apostles in order to wish their late leader goodbye. The new emperor Manuel II led the procession. He walked next to his father's rider less horse, gently leading the great beast towards what was soon to be his father's last resting place. It was a good move he thought. This was the first time that his people were really going to see him, and Manuel felt that he needed to make a good impression. It was also his way of sending a message. "I know I have my faults" he wanted to tell them, "But I am not haughty or proud, I am a serious individual and I intend to lead by example" Manuel winced when he thought about his faults and the image of him as a prince. Though his regiment of horse knew him to be a natural leader with a talent for administration, the more popular version of him was that of an unscrupulous womanizer whose appetite respected neither class nor the vows of marriage. It was true that he liked women but he could not help it. He was young, witty, handsome, and the heir to an empire. Women could not help but be flattered by his attentions. To Manuel it was all like a grand hunt, the more elusive his quarry, the harder he chased. "Perhaps I went too far" he thought. He was after all twenty-seven now and still unmarried. He had a dynasty to continue and instead of flattered women now cringed when they heard of his romps around the palace. Deep down inside, and though it pained him to admit it, Manuel still remembered why it had all begun. Nicephorus IV had been considered a good ruler, but Manuel had never considered him a good father. Indifferent and callus, Manuel had thought him to be about as warm as a cold fish. All he had ever wanted was his father's attention; barring that just attention it did'nt matter if it was good or bad. But it had always been the same with his father. "I'm busy right now boy, these men are important and you have to go now" . Manuel closed his eyes and silently cursed his father. Too busy? he thought, I'm your son, your heir, tell me what to do....teach me. How am I going to be a good ruler if you don't show me how? Manuel had always worried about this. He had felt the burden of responsibility before it was really his. And now.....now it was too late and he was emperor. "All I know I've learned from the army" he thought. “But that's fine, I'll run this place like an army, and if people don't like it they can bloody well go to hell'. A small smile crept across Manuel's face, he knew what he had to do.
    Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

I'll be out from Aug. 5 to Aug. 12. As Casca is the current Emperor, during my abscence (assuming I don't find an Internet connection while I'm in Chattanooga) assume that he speaks with my voice.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Change of plans, won't leave after all.
    --Lan

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

I have moved this to the story telling/ PBM forum
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345