Thread: Rather comical use of leftovers...

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

After figthing a grueling defence of a bridge against Takeda early in my "hard" campaign as Hojo...I was left with a few scraps of units. Of note was the 5 YA who now had honor of 4.

Well, the ememy daimyo was killed on that bridge, so they went ronin.

A few turns later, I was invading the province they retreated into...and threw that YA unit into the invasion "for the hell of it". Well, I was glad that I did.

I was not prepared for his 37 remaining CA troops, as I had no cavalry...so when they started pelting my infantry, I sent my 5 YA after them...

And for the rest of the battle, the 37 CA were neutralized, skirmishing with a unit of 5 inferior infantry. In the mean time, I wiped out the other units on the field. I lost one of the YA, and killed none of the CA, but they retreated into oblivion anyway.

I just found it comical to see all these horsemen retreating from a handful of peasants. And when 4 of them survived, I was amazed. Apparently the 4 honour was enough to keep them from routing...

Anyway, long post, sorry...

Jaguara
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

of course they run, CA never or shouldnt charge YARI Units otherwise they're pretty much screwed... cept they are pretty smart they flanked u from behind. YA also a good unit to chasing routing enemy. able to catch up most unit and scares CA as well. cheap, useful (not really) fast.

37 CA vs. 5 YA? CA wins hands down.

Not to mention that in REAL life 5 YA would be way too few to form any sort of effective spear formation, thus removing their bonus vs. cav (though this bonus has no such conditions in the game).

Matt

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

I agree Khan, they would have lost a few of their number, but at least then they would be able to support their melee units with SOMETHING. As it was, the 37 CA was their largest unit, and effectively removing it from the battlefield was decisive.

Four guys chasing around nearly fourty horsemen...hilarious...(the one YA casualty was during the initial charge)
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

Maybe the CA figured "Hey, if there are only five... they must be yari-sai, or something!" and decided they would rather not risk the fight.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

more than likely it was some of vanya's flying, screaming, wedgie arq's that had just dropped their arq's and found some sticks to use as yari ;)

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

YA aren't as useless as is thought. I had 60 of them once pummel and kill brutally 119 while losing 39. They can kick butt if used right and in combination with others.
    For the Samurai to Learn
    There is only one thing
    One last thing-
    To face death unflinchingly

Tsukahara Bokuden