Thread: Hey, Im back

I dont know if Im worth this, but I thought Id post this to be going along and to maybe meet a few old faces, but its me, Rokkaku, I havent been here since the shogun days and just pre to medieval, I was initially dissapointed with medieval but recemntly I have fallen in love with it( I musta been in the wrong mood), people may remember me for swamping th boards with as many topics as I could think of(all viale, no spam) but I reckon I should be able to control.
    Like a said, I dont know if Im worth this and if I dont get any reply or see any old faces welcome me frankly cos im not expecting it, but people may rememer 400 posts(actually 381) in 2 days.
    hehe.
    Look foward to talking to ya.
    Previously known as rokkaku, bet even the veterans dont remember me, but Im back.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Welcome back ShogunRokkaku

As you can see, we've had a face-lift since the STW days on the old UBB boards. Feel free to post to any topic in the Entrance Hall, and we'll get you on your way to full-fledged membership in no time.

What was your old member name (with the 381 posts in 2 days)?
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Welcome back Rokkaku. I'm glad you found the right mood for MTW.

I have to admit that your name does not ring any bells, but so many have come and gone from these forum, this isn't surprising. Anyway, I hope you continue to hang around your old stomping grounds.
    This space intentionally left blank

In fact: I found your old member profile, reading:

Registration Date July 11 2002,22:00
    This member's number 1555
    Last Profile Update July 11 2002,22:00
    Last login date: --
    Last Post Rokkaku has not yet posted.
    Total Posts 416
    This Member's Gender No Information Entered
    Post Average 1.12 posts per day
    Status Junior Member
    Member Level No Information Entered
    Interests Shogun and uh...........nuts
    Location England
    This member's real name No Information Entered
    Signature U dare challenge the drunken ninjas
    Rokkaku of the Drunken Ninjas
    Home Page No Information Entered

So, if you remember your old password, you could revive your old name, and assume Junior Member status. The you could poke your head into the Sword Dojo, where lots of old STW vets hang out.

haha, 1.12 posts a day so I posted 381 in two days and then posted less and less till I moved, that was a year and a half ago and my aerage post per day and got down to that
    hehe
    Previously known as rokkaku, bet even the veterans dont remember me, but Im back.

edits disssapeared ah well, sorry I had to post again...
    I havent a clue what my old password was, I will retain as this , anyone who remembers me wil figure it out quick enough.

and yes, the board has changed, why has the powers that be(Sir Kuma of the Org still here?) initiated this junior patron system, Im not knocking it, it sounds good but it be nice to know the reasoning. (I want to stress that I am not criticising it)
    well, Ive got a nice welcome, thanks all.

Here's a link to the current Staff listing page:
    http://www.totalwar.org/site/staff.shtml
    most names will probably be new to you, but you might recognize a few. Sir Kuma hung up his admin robes several months ago, for personal reasons, tho' he visits once in awhile.

We started this 'vetting' process last Oct/Nov, primarily to easily identify and help new patrons with their TW problems/questions. Previously, a new guy's question would all-too-often get ignored in the tidal wave of posts and replies in the General forum. Nobody likes being ignored, even if it was accidental, and even if the question has been asked a hundred times before.

So, we started this Entrance Hall place. Gregoshi, Monkey Man and I meet & greet new members (Junior Patrons) and answer their questions. If it's obvious that they 'play well with others'(and it usually is, after a few posts), we recommend them for promotion to the next level, which includes editing-post and posting rights throughout more of the board.

well, your doing a good job, I only had this topic on the board for a few minutes and I got these greetings. Which certainly aids new people in searching for direction. Right, I gotta find some topics to debate in.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Rokkaku,

I'm around since January 2000 and remember your name.

I can reset the password for the other account if you can tell me the e-mail used to register that one.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

thanks for the offer, but I am forced to decline because quite frankly, I can't remember, things havent been....smooth....since my departure, heck, I even lived abroad for a bit, otherwise I would have continued to post. Thanks for the offer, hopefully I'll get a promotion soon but, to be honest, its not ba in the forum and there are some really good discussion.

oohh, just read the READ THIS FIRST thread(spot the irony) by mithrandir, oh, so I should qualify as a junior member, not a senior patron nuts ah well, I gotta work my way up again, Im sure some old faces will help me out, not that I want any special favours on anything

Oh yeah you, the master of the octuple-post.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

ah yes, but all were viable posts, but yes, I should have edited more, bit of bitterness there kongamoto? never mind, can't blame you, I was a bit stupid back then, however, can some moderator bloke email me my old password? cos I'd like to start posting with my old account.
    ninjafish5@aol.com
    thanks.

Is that the email address you used to register your old account? If so, super. We just need to insure fairness to the other new patrons; confirming your identity by supplying that unique email address makes it all fair-and-square. OK?

ah no, unfortunately not, however, this is I am 95% certain that this is the email I registered my Rokkaku account with.
    spirit_of_akira@hotmail.com
    its a defunct email now, I havent used it for a while and its been deleted by hotmail, however, that should confirm my identity.
    ninjafish5@aol.com is my new email

Perfect ShogunRokkaku. I'll notify our Admin.