Thread: Is there a list of the generals?

I mean when would those renowned generals of diffrent clans "mature"? Such as Kikkawa Motoharu?

I am talking about the game of course.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

There was one floating around somewhere in the archives. However, the date the heir is born is semi-random. He will be born, but not necessarily in the correct year. Some variance is programmed in. Thus an exact date of when a skilled heir (general) will mature is impossible. However I do think the list gives you an approximate timeframe. Sorry I can't link straight to it, but I remember seeing it somewhere, so it should be archived.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Thanks.

I actually don't really care about the heirs. I don't really use the heirs that often UNLESS they are pretty young (more on that later) and have really high ranking to begin with.

As far as I am concerned, the Daimyo's 11 unit is just not enough for any serious battles on expert. Thus except for the initial stage, I tend to NOT use the Daimyo at all. It makes much more sense to use 60 3sword3armor HC rather than 11 HC with no update whatsoever. Of course, I do use those rank 6 Daimyos once in a while

And should the Daimyo pass away because of illness, then his eldest heir becomes an equally ineffective new Daimyo. That's why I would rather "invest" on the "normal" generals because they won't die of illness, and they can have more than 10 bodyguards (so to speak).

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 12-04-2001).]

Ahhh.. now I understand your question better. My understanding (Very limited) is that the Generals are assigned in a totally random order. In fact, I do believe that some are made when a unit is created, the diamyo walks up and says:
    "Hey, you in the big hat - whats your name... Nevermind - your in charge of this group. Make me proud."
    I must admit however that I have not ever taken the time to notice if certain skilled generals are constantly brought forward over multiple games.
    Good luck finding out!
    And if anyone has info on this, PLEASE post it, since not only could my impression be wrong, I am kinda curious on this issue now too!

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

My limited understanding is that, those skilled generals (aka those who actually made their fame in histroy. again, for instance, Kikkawa Motoharu, or Myoshi Choke) always show up in the beginning of certain SUMMER season, just like all the heirs do.

Of course, if you don't produce any troops in the season, he'll show up in the 1st unit produced afterwards.