Thread: Your Thoughts On Patch!

So it it really balanced now?

Blog Entries

it never can be 100% balanced.

but if uask me, if its possible to use different tactics, than i will answer with yes.

and yes, its balanced in a way it could be done.

so, again....skill decide over a win.

u cant win with just many guns, or with just a nagrush......u can win with every setup, if uare good...

koc

I CANT RUN NOW!?!?

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Mizilus,
    explain - can't run onw?

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Mizilus, if you r referring to the units' reluctance to run, I think I am feeling it too. Sometimes, no matter how many times I hit (have re-assigned run to another key), some units just resist and kept walking, esp my general.. DUNG!

--tootee aka goldfish
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

I have had no problems with double-clicking?

------------------
    Why do I love when I still feel pain; when does it end, when is my work done? Why do I fight, and why do I feel that I carry a sword through a battlefield? (VNV Nation)
    All quotes are terrrible!

Mizilus,

Are these units that won't run very tired? An exhausted unit definitely won't run. You can get an oscillation between very tired and exhausted. The very tired unit might be close to being exhausted. As soon as it runs it crosses over into exhausted, and automatically drops back to walk at which point it recovers to very tired. To the player it looks like the very tired unit won't run. The exhausted indication will only flash briefly.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

The patch is good, makes things fairer.

I dunno...I dont get the slow walk of the infantry..but what I meant by run is I used to be able to charge fairly easy.

Heres what I used to do: double click then to make sure I would hit ctrl R.

Last night I was in a battle, had a beautiful flank with my monks and had 3 units of nag cav attacking my enemies rear.

I was double clicking, clicking, ctrl R clicking...everything.. no they werent too tired. I dont know what the heck???

I'm not pissing and moaning, its just that something has been changed here and I have no idea to what and why it was done.

I will say that I was able to eventually get ctrl R to work in a seperate game..hmmm.. need to do my homework I guess

Actually I had problems of Ctrl+R b4 the patch...now it's okay.

I dont use double click generally, but Ctrl+R, and I have no problems with it.

Tera

------------------
    Honour to Clan Torîi Aku.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Mizilus,

There was a bug in v1.01 where units always charged on a double click or CTRL-R. The units did not move any faster because most units had the same run and charge speed. However, fatigue accumulates at 2x the rate for charge as it does for run. Thus, all units fatigued much faster in v1.01, and there is a melee and morale penalty associated with fatigue. The double click and CRTL R have been linked back to run. There is no way to invoke charge. It's done automatically by the ai when the unit gets within it's proximity range.

Many players noticed that WE/MI v1.01 played faster than STW. This is apparently due to improvements in the program's code. The infantry in v1.02 runs about 25% slower than in v1.01. That takes care of the faster movement, but does not change the attack/defend cycle. Cav can pull off their flanking maneuvers as before, but infantry needs to move in about 25% sooner or get 25% closer. The JHC and NI have increased defend values, and would be the preferred units to act as the anvil while other units flank. Those two units give plenty of time for flankers to get around.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

Hey, what ever happened to "MARCHNG VERY QUICKLY"? All I ever get now is, "MARCHING QUICKLY".

------------------
    Official Mongol Cavalry-lover and servant of the Khan of Khans
    Official Mongol Cavalry-lover and servant of the Khan of Khans

Marching very quickly occurs when your unit reaches a certain distance from the unit it has been ordered to attack.

It reads as "attacking" on the unit

------------------
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

And before the walk speeds were made equal some units could start moving very quickly to keep up with the army if you moved the entire army in one go. Now that's not needed anymore.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Marching very quickly = charge
    Marching quickly = run
    Marching = walk

You will sometimes see a unit marching very quickly when it is running down a hill.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

What has changed is that "charge" or "marching very quickly" is no longer a speed that you can invoke at will as it was under STW.

Whether that ability was a bug or a feature under STW only CA (Target?) can answer, but it is no longer available under WE/MI. Units will only charge now once you have selected a unit to attack and that unit is within your units proximity threshold. At that point, charge is invoked automatically.

One of the things we did for the 1.02 patch was to increase the proximity threshold for all Cav which is why you will see them charge while it is more difficult to see it happening with infantry.

------------------
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally posted by Obake:

One of the things we did for the 1.02 patch was to increase the proximity threshold for all Cav which is why you will see them charge while it is more difficult to see it happening with infantry.
    [/QUOTE]

Huh, what about Kensi? He has the proximity of the cavalry, and the speed of an infantry. That makes a really weird combo indeed, as I often see my Kensi chasing half way across the battlefield (half of the time charging), never being able to catch up with any before he got totally exausted :P

Pain is weakness leaving the body.