Thread: Changing faction names/culture

European Federalist Member -Isapostolos-'s Avatar

Hi, I'm new around here although I have been browsingthese forums for quite some time. Somehow I wasn't able to post topics with my account back then.

So here goes

Anyway, for my medieval SP mode I use WesW mod. Even though I like his current mod I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I wanted to have a divided italy,wth Venice and the Genoa like it realy was back then. So what I did is change the burgundians starting territory(burgundy, flanders) to those of the Lombardian league (Genoa, Tuscany, Milan, Sardinia, Crimea) in the late period.

Everything works fine, but the 'Geonese' are still called burgundians and have French culture. I tried to change the name burgundians into geonese, by changing all fn_burgundians into fn_geonese, but somehow the game didn't accept it. Changing the French culture into the italian one seems more difficult and I don't have a clue how to do it.

Can someone enlighten me on this? I know WesW is working on a mod which will have a divided italy, but I'm not that patient.

Thanks
    War is not about who is right, but who is left

Welcome Isopostolos. I'm glad you sorted out you posting problem.

...that's all. I know nothing about modding, so you don't want my enlightenment.

Though you might want to check out this topic: Modding factions

Or this one: Switching the Swiss

Then there is the 2nd page of the Dungeon FAQs topic that has some bits about culture.

If none of those help, then you'll have to wait for modder to chime in.
    This space intentionally left blank

European Federalist Member -Isapostolos-'s Avatar

Ok, thanks I'll try these
    War is not about who is right, but who is left

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

You should not change the FN labels to re-name a faction or province this can be done by editing in the Loc/Eng /Names file look for all the refrences to {Burgundian} and edit to what you want, be careful not to change the original label inside the [Burgundian] squared brackets only the curly brackets, in this file you will notice many refrences to the Burgundians under many diffrent headings some will begin with @{Burgundian}it is best to edit all the refences to make your change being careful to make sure you put the same name in all places or you will get translation errors. The Loc files contain all the Provcince, Faction, Forename,Surname etc. info and can all be edited I suggest you go through them one by one and get familiar with the refrence points some times changing can get tedious because you need to make them in alot of diffrent headings. Be sure to back up any files before editing in case of an error you can just switch them back to the original. Good Luck I hope this helps some If I can help further you can post back here or E-mail me directly at ronin27k@aol.com I would be glad to help Cheers LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!