Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mapping library project

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Zitat[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Nov. 12 2003,09:04)]Done...
    Thank you
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Hi Komninos,

I was just about to ask if the Three Kingdoms mod will have the great Chinese rivers of Yangtze, Huang Ho and the one flowing inland at Canton. It would be nice to have the option for river trade, river pirates etc. Rivers should really facilitate movement across the length and breadth of the Chinese mainland and their control would be very important.

Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Hi,

This was my initial intension ...
    any how I will try to get this one ready. There is a problem with the MTW engeen and very small areas so no promises

Where can I find the China map? The above link doesn't work.

Thanks,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Hi,

Unfortunately the map did not compile. So it was abandoned. But I will give it a try again when my HTW V.2.1 goes out of beta.

The Map starts from the gulf region and spans to include Greece, Cyrenaca, Babylonia, Nubia and goes north enough to include the Skyths.

The on list of factions
    the Israel and Judah are the same.
    some of the faction you refer to have been eliminated or transformed by 1200BC.
    You need Phoenicians, Philistines, Greek emigrants (like Cyrenaca Greeks, Ionians)
    I think Sea Peoples were not there any more ... they mast have transformed to Phoenicians and Philistines.

Hi,

Ii will see what I can do for you ... during Xmas. By the way do you have a map you would like to use?

I will need a map of the area and if you have something that gives some political situation ... a map of the Persian Satrapies would be best.

Hey komninos, heres a couple of maps I've found which includes the factions that I want as part of my mod that you request I find. Hope they help.

http://www.studylight.org/se/maps/browse.cgi?st=110
    http://www.studylight.org/se/maps/browse.cgi?st=100
    http://www.studylight.org/se/maps/browse.cgi?st=90
    http://www.studylight.org/se/maps/browse.cgi?st=75

OK here is something I worked today... a small new map that I know you will like. Its compilation went OK and one of these days I am going to pack it for MTW:VI and see what happens. This little map can work for many periods and many mods

... King James I ... take a look

@Komninos

I know it's much to ask, but is there a chance that you can help me out with the new strat map for my "Fury of the Northmen" mod? If I can get some help to finish that map, I think I should be able to get the mod done before Rome TW...

I have read the LMM FAQ and readmes, and have now a very basic understanding of how it works. I have also found a suitable satellite image and made a TGA test map.

What I'm suggesting is that I prepare the TGA map (with those pink borderlines and markers for castles, and turquise markers for ports and gathering points), and then send it to you(as bmp?) for creation of the LBM maps and the other ones.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated, as it probably is a be or not to be for the mod...

Norseman

Fury of the Northmen mod

Yes you can do that.
    Sent me the map image and the Ref_Features.bmp but the map image in JPG and save the Ref_Features as PNG or GIF to reduce the size.

Quote[/b] ]
    Yes you can do that.
    Sent me the map image and the Ref_Features.bmp but the map image in JPG and save the Ref_Features as PNG or GIF to reduce the size.
    Great Thanks

It will probably take a few weeks before i have the region borders figured out and drawn on the map though.

Will it be better if you can just download the files from the net? I will get some space on a server when I go back to my uni after holiday, and then we won't have to change between different image formats.

Fury of the Northmen mod

MTR: AOA project ###### (temp) Member kataphraktoi's Avatar

Hi,

Komninos, do u have any new mod projects for the future?
    Retired from games altogether!!

Feudalism TOtal War, non-active member and supporter. Long Live Orthodox Christianity!

More than a few ... some maps are ready ... but nothing started.

Till now I have a map of Middle East (parsed and ready for VI transformation)
    Italian peninsula with a bit of Carthage (No parsed but tested OK)
    A set of Bronze Age units (taken form Trojan War)

HTW is a big project and that map will take some time to get old or finished. I have started the Bronze age HTW, but I mast start the Classical to Hellenistic Eras soon.

That’s about it ... till now ...
    I am consentrating in the Ancient time but that does not mean that the maps can't be used for other projects ... ie the "Rise of Islam" in the Middle East map

I am now trying to draw some regions onto the strat.map for Fury of the Northmen mod, but I have a few quastions:

1) How does LMM handle areas of the map that I want to be like France in the orgininal VI add on map(just the pink background colour in the LBM map)?

2) Can LMM recognise two separate areas as one region? If yes, how do I make LMM understand which areas are to be one region?

3) Can LMM handle those potentially 8 extra regions for the MTW map, or is it confined to the original 99 regions?

Thanks

Fury of the Northmen mod

Hi Norseman,

1) How does LMM handle areas of the map that I want to be like France in the original VI add on map(just the pink background colour in the LBM map)?

LMM uses a REF_MAP bmp file that you define the areas with 255 0 255 (pink). The rest of the map is Wight (255 255 255). To denote a region you need to make a pink pixel in it (the castle) and a cyan one (0 255 255) this is the origin. Sea regions only have one cyan. If the regions borders with the sea you need one more cyan pixel beside the border for the port.

2) Can LMM recognise two separate areas as one region? If yes, how do I make LMM understand which areas are to be one region?

Yes You need to make a Yellow (255 255 0) pixel in each of them but only one Origin, Port, Castle. If you need that in more than one region then you need different yellows ie region 1 and 2 and region 3 and 4 are connected. Then use 255 255 0 for 1,2
    255 255 10 for 3,4

this has to be defined in the Text files.

3) Can LMM handle those potentially 8 extra regions for the MTW map, or is it confined to the original 99 regions?

NO you need to redistribute the map regions.

Quote[/b] ]
    1) How does LMM handle areas of the map that I want to be like France in the original VI add on map(just the pink background colour in the LBM map)?

LMM uses a REF_MAP bmp file that you define the areas with 255 0 255 (pink). The rest of the map is Wight (255 255 255). To denote a region you need to make a pink pixel in it (the castle) and a cyan one (0 255 255) this is the origin. Sea regions only have one cyan. If the regions borders with the sea you need one more cyan pixel beside the border for the port.
    Sorry for my clumsy formulation in q.1. What I want is to make an area that isn't usable in the game, but in the same time avoid using one of the 99 possible regions. If you look at the Viking Invasion LBM map, France(not playable) is just a large area of the pink colour that normally separates sea-regions.

So, if possible, how do I make the LMM understand that a given area(not just a border) is to be PINK on the LBM? Do I just treat it like an extra wide border and make it pink on the REF_MAP.bmp?

Thanks for your help Komninos

Fury of the Northmen mod

Well the best way to do it is define an area and don't use an origin\castle\port point on it ... it will consider it as Dummy there for it will not be considered in the rest calculations.

Quote[/b] ]
    Q:Can LMM handle those potentially 8 extra regions for the MTW map, or is it confined to the original 99 regions?

A:NO you need to redistribute the map regions.

Q:So, if possible, how do I make the LMM understand that a given area(not just a border) is to be PINK on the LBM? Do I just treat it like an extra wide border and make it pink on the REF_MAP.bmp?

A:Well the best way to do it is define an area and don't use an origin\castle\port point on it ... it will consider it as Dummy there for it will not be considered in the rest calculations.
    Your two above answers got me thinking...

Is it so that if we make 99 regions with dots/points/markers and 8 without, we could fill in those extra 8 regions ourself after LMM has done its job (as long as we know which 2 colours corresponds to each region).
    If we let those 8 regions be landregions with no coastline, and none of them neighbours, filling them in ourself won't be that hard. Of course, we would have to make those extra lines in startpos.txt as well...

Fury of the Northmen mod

Do you guys have a Scotland map? I've been considering a medieval clan war mod.
    -There can be only one...

Hi
    Conner MacLeod,

Well there are a lot of nice Scottish maps around, though you will need a part of Irland too and a good part of England ...as south as Birmingham. I think this will be very quick and painless to do so I can make it fast and easy ... as always I or you will need a basic map image and a map defining the political and provincial borders.

Norseman,
    Sorry for the long wait ... no I don’t think you can go over the 99 region limit. It has to do with the pallet. For more info you will have to ask Welly. 99 limit pisses me off too but there is also a map size limit and a region size so you have to balance all that. You can start the map and see where it takes you.

What kind of image is needed? I've never worked with a map change before.

Hi,

I need a map image a jpeg of gif that has the map ... you can find a lot of them in the net but it would be good if it was at a big resolution > 1024x1024

The second map is a political map that puts the factions on the map as blobs and gives the borders of each faction.

It would be good if I had a third map image that had province borders i.e. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Bannockburn ...

How about tha map at this link:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Part...5/scotmap.html

it is big enough to get all of Scotland but detailed enough to have the clans (black text) and some general regions (underlying blue text). THe only draw back is a lack of a county by county style division. Yet, I think the general regions denoted on the map can be subdivded into a couple different local regions each. Let me know what you think.

Bump: if this map isn't working let me know

Member Member GreasePaintMonkeyBrains's Avatar

I could use assistance in map making. I would like if
    some one could add fracaland as province on the vi map.
    this would be great because i could put the normans there
    as a starting position for my norman invasion mod.

Regards
    GPMB
    My Amtgard team has a Drinking problem- The Drunkerds

Quote[/b] ]
    I could use assistance in map making. I would like if
    some one could add fracaland as province on the vi map.
    this would be great because i could put the normans there
    as a starting position for my norman invasion mod.
    Hi GPMB

I have a ready made map that I think will suit your mod fine. It is based on the original VI map. Changes are mainly:
    1) more Irish regions. Would be good for your many new Irish factions.
    2)Both Denmark and Norway are split in two, making 4 viking regions (I recommend adding the Danes).
    3)Several regions added in Frankland.

The drawback is that I don't have any of those mini-maps(in the upper left corner and for pre-campaign faction selection).

This map was made by a member named GRELL, and on request he sent it to me so that I could use it for my "Fury of the Northmen mod", if I found it suitable. However I would like to add much more of Scandinavia and the Baltic, so I decided not to use it.

I haven't seen Grell for a long time now, and he hasn't answered any of my PM's since Christmas either, but he did mention earlier that he would gladly send the map to anybody who wanted it. So I don't think he will mind me sending it to you, although we should PM him just in case and give him credit.

Fury of the Northmen mod

Norsman
    This is great news for my mod The added
    provinces in ireland and Frankland will be great
    for my mod.As for the danes ...they will be added
    to v2.0. I will Pm Grell about the map giving him
    credit. If you have acopy of the map i would like if
    you could send it to me @Bigcatdaddyg@aol.com
    since he is not answering his Pm's.

As for the mini maps i might be able to make them
    my self if i lean how

Thanx for your help

Regards
    GPMB

Ok, I'll send you the map.

Quote[/b] ]
    I will Pm Grell about the map giving him
    credit.
    What I meant was that we should PM him to notify him as well as give him credit in the mod's readme. I wrote this in my last post just to make sure you didn't credit me for the map instead of Grell.

Norse

Fury of the Northmen mod

Ok i will anxiously await your sending it.:)
    Regards
    GPMB

I need some help with the map that norseman gave me for the Norman invasion mod. I do not know how to mod a map.
    I have been trying to create the txt files for it but i have not been able to figure out what i need to do to it or what programs i need. I am looking for some one to join the
    norman invasion team as a map modder. Please post a reply if
    any one could assit me . I already have the maptex files and the lbms. So i need some one who could just implement it into a mod and i can do the rest....Plz

Regards
    GPMB

I will email the files as nessary to who ever anwsers
    my cry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast