Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Total War Screen Shots

Hare some images from my Shogun custom battles. It's about time some Samurai entered this thread

Some of clan Oda's heavy cavalry are fighting a bunch of rebel No-Dachi in bad weather. The battle had a lot of heavy rain but it has cleared up for a few minutes here.

Gavin's first day as a Kensai was not going well

For those barbarians ( ) who didn't play Shogun a Kensai is a single man with a sword, in this picture he is being charged by 80 honour 8 heavy cavalry Amazingly he did manage to kill 9 of them before he died. The poor kensai was only honour 2

On a side note: Isn't the mist in the valley lovely?

These next four images are all from one battle. There were three units of honour 4 warrior monks (clan Oda) Vs four units of yari Samurai and two units of yari ashigaru (the rebels and ronin). It might not be a challenging battle but it was fun.

Here you can see two units of warrior monks waiting for half the enemy army to close for combat. The rebels are being sensible and keeping their general back. The other half of the rebel army is moving to outflank the monks on the left, but that is out of the picture.

This is a very scenic picture; Shogun has some truly beautiful landscapes.

The charge begins - a unit of yari samurai charge the monks lines. A second after this shot was taken the monks charged themselves.

Here is the same two units after a few seconds. They have mixed up and the formations have been broken. The monks are starting to cause casualties but the yari samurai are holding on.

The fights in Shogun were so much messier than the ones in MTW, the units loose their formations quickly and the men mix up so it can get hard to tell who is on what side. I like it

This is the Oda general, he is fighting a unit of yari samurai and a unit of yari ashigaru has already been killed on this spot (note the large number of bodies leading off screen). The monks have sustained heavy losses but they won't give up. A few seconds after this picture the rebels broke and ran, ending the battle.

And that's it, does anyone want more Shogun pics?

Also don't forget that the org's picture hosting facility applies to this thread as well, so if you want to post but have no webspace take a look at this topic.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

i love to see pics of old shoggy, keep them coming
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Here is a picture of Shogun's famous mist. It is not a very good picture (the snow makes everything blend together, it would have been better with normal grass) but mist battles are rare so I grabbed this quick shot. Now if I could only get a thunder battle :sigh:

These three pictures are all from the same battle from my current campaign (while I wait for a contribution to my secret project I am playing a Hojo campaign) in the battle where the Takeda were wiped out. This picture is shows what happened to the sneaky reinforcements Takeda sent in on my flank.

It is rather difficult to tell which samurai belongs to which side in the next three pictures - Takeda, Hojo and Uesugi have such similar coloured banners on my PC I can hardly tell the difference Look at the sashimonos (where visible) for a better distinction.

This big scrum is the main battle; I manoeuvred the Takeda into a corner so they couldn't keep backing away and then charged them with my monks, yari Samurai and no-dachi. Lord Takeda is just visible on the right of the picture. Half of Takeda's army has already been killed by my two units of archers, along with some clever ambushes from my three units of cavalry (two heavy and one yari).

This is the death of Lord Takeda, the last in his line. The group of ashigaru standing admiring the view belong to the Takeda; you would think they would charge in to save their lord or something. The horsemen are also Takeda - they are the remains of the Daimyo's honour guard.

The end stats for this battle was 97 men lost and 286 heads taken including the last member of the Takeda line. \O/ Go me \O/

More Shogun pics when I see something worth posting.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

I really enjoy seeing screenshots from other people's games Many thanks to the Org for hosting our pictures including the ones I am posting.

This picture is from a rare four faction battle. I was playing as the Vikings and chose to invade a province controlled by the Mercians. My allies, the Scots, joined the fray as did a huge group of rebels from a former Saxon province. The Mercians had many huscarles and the rebels consisted mostly of armored spear, nobles, and even 4 units of berserkers. The battle was vicious and long. The Scots lost their king but their highlanders rallied to save my left flank on more than one occasion. In the end our alliance won the day

This is involves five armies in the second battle of a single turn. Snow battles rule It was me as the Picts and my allies the Scots vs. the Saxons and Mercians. The Northumbrians seemed to be fighting everyone at once The actual fighting extends way past what this single picture can show.

When I saw this I laughed long and loud. This is one optimistic bugger

A shot from another snow battle I had as the Italians vs. the nasty Arogonese. My chivalric nights (out of the picture to the right) outflanked the Arogonese and crashed into their rear winning the day in glorious fashion

The Scots should have raised taxes to repair their facilities before my Vikings arrived.

I invaded Poland as the HRE with about two hundred cavalry determined to drive the Hungarians out. However, the Russian arrived too and I decided to sit on a hill and watch them battle it out. Even with superior number the Hungarians could not defeat the Russian Boyars and were routed from the field after suffering heavy losses.

I have a confession to make. I have often received an heir first in line to succeed who was also an inbred loser. I usually look for a rebel or enemy province to send this unfortunate soul to single handedly conquer with the idea that he die valiantly rather than sink my faction with his vices. In this case I sent a putrid Viking heir to fight a Northumbrian army of around one thousand armored spearmen. He lost and escaped, but with these results I hadn't the heart to send him back for more.

I decided to test the Swiss Armored Pikemen's defensive ability. I set up one of the larger castle maps and four enemy factions complete with many culverin cannons to maker certain they would penetrate the walls. The combination of staunch defensive ranks and withering defensive fire from the fortifications proved too much for the besiegers who suffered an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Swiss stalwarts. My only mistake was having half a unit of SAP crushed when a wall crumbled and fell on them.

Here come the Turkish foot straight from the field and hellbent on locating the nearest tavern

One of my greatest triumphs as the Vikings. I attacked and ran into a MASSIVE army of Saxon huscarles and armored spearmen. I thought I would never see the last enemy unit crest the rise and charge The pride of Saxony was utterly crushed and their faction broke into civil war the following turn.

This always makes me laugh when I see it:

Vikings vs. rebels. My thralls literally chased the enemy into the sea

My apologies if any of these pictures are large enough to distort your layout.

I hope more of you take advantage of the Org's offer to host screen shots and post some soon

....and that answers the question of who owns the large batch of pictures I transfered over this morning It's good to see someone really taking advantage of the new hosting ability, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

You have some very nice pictures there Jacque, I think the optimistic peasant wins the best of the bunch award though

wow, those are some great pics. Im hoping to get som e from my hungurian campagin, right now its been a series of skirmishes

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

Thumbs up

keep em coming guys, this thread should be updated regularly, cause everybody has plenty of screenies I'm sure...

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Can you see the 260 Cavalry in this pic?

Because these guys sure Can't

Ah the Brave Irish and their king,

They Wont last long against armored spearmen

But here comes help, can you spot those 200 cavalry men?

This is gonna get messy

Oh man, No way out

Run, run you fools

Well, i tried to warn you it'd get messy

here are some random pics

My Lord, the enemy approaches

What do you do in MP when it freezes? Take pics of arrows mid flight

Ever seen the combined might of the Muslim cavalry?

The Welsh King rides off, victorious, chasing the enemy (who is past the pic now)

Here are some screenies from a custom battle with a custom map and CBR'S MpWars mod

The opposing armies array themselves before the battle.

Impetuous woodsmen make the mistake of charging all alone. You can tell which ones ate too much for breakfast.

Russian Nobles rush to help.

With the entire Russian army defeated (note the closing skirmishes in the background) the Khan and his bodyguard lay the King's bodyguard to waste, but the king is another matter.

Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I invaded Poland as the HRE with about two hundred cavalry determined to drive the Hungarians out. However, the Russian arrived too and I decided to sit on a hill and watch them battle it out. Even with superior number the Hungarians could not defeat the Russian Boyars and were routed from the field after suffering heavy losses.
    and did you have to fight the Russians? Did you win? Tell us a story uncle Jock Strap

Question

Quote[/b] (Kanuni @ Sep. 22 2003,23:18)]
    Quote[/b] (Teutonic Knight @ Sep. 22 2003,20:08)]are you using some kind of special video card? Because my guys never look that detailed close up
    Nope, these screenshots are taken with Geforce2 MX400. The only suggestion I can make is try to max out your advanced video settings.

BTW, even if your ally/enemy has the same units, they never look as detailed. I don't know why but that is the case with me.
    do your units look that detailed all the time or is it only like that sometimes? Cause now that I think of it sometimes my units are that detailed, and other times they look like blurs walking around...

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Russian nobles..? I've never seen those and it seems that mod only unlocks some units that couldn't be used before.. So is that a new unit or just a unit I couldn't find?
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Thumbs up

WOW

Absolutely Brilliant screenies everyone
    Keep em coming. I LOVED em, specially the Shoggy screenies

*feeling all nostalgic now*

Alro do you have some of the Raven's Turks ?.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Where are some of your screen shots Sinan? You always used to have the best picture/battle interpretive photo posts.

sinan, are you reffering to the ravens using turks? if so i should have a couple from some recent games, well i have replays to get some screens from

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Sinan Sinan

Go fight some battles and come back with some screenies

You got my vote for the 'cute screenie' award 2003

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

More Shoggy pictures:

Thios is an amazing view and a heck of a battlefield. You can guess where the enemy are (hidding in the threes at the top) and you can guess how your assault will turn out (messy) and yet you find yourself sat there with the game on pause just looking at those misty mountains.

So dies Lord Imagawa, the last of his clan. A demonstration of the original Jedi Generals.

The annual hide and seek championships turned nasty as rumours of cheating warrior monks spread. The events organisers continue to protest nothing is wrong and the competition is not blighted. A spokesmonk said this: We are monks, we win. It is what we do and we don't need to cheat. The spokesmonk then hacked our reporter in half. A Yari Samurai from the opposing team hads this to add: Don't let the monks get me I don't want to die, help, help, help, help before running rapidly in the direction of the tea houses. That is all for todays report.

More when I see something good.

Yes, I must say, the ambience of STW never really did appear in MTW... also, the movements of old Shoggy troops looked much more realistic and fluent than those of MTW (for instance, did you ever see an HC with his sword hovering a meter from his hand?)

Quote[/b] ] A demonstration of the original Jedi Generals
    Ahhh I have many (not so) fond memories of losing half my army to various Darth Daimyos

Yes that was one of the less fun parts of Shogun

Quote[/b] (Wizzy @ Oct. 20 2003,20:09)]for instance, did you ever see an HC with his sword hovering a meter from his hand?
    Why can the knights do that in MTW? Simple - they are Jedi Knights

'Cus you see Jedi can levitate their weapons and they are called knights and these knights are levitating their weapons so...

Ok, that was lame, I'll shut up now.

Great screenies guys

However it always makes me sad to see how much better MTW looks on other peoples PC's

And as for you Froggy How on Earth do you get Shogun to look so marvellous????? Those screenies are sumptous
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Oct. 23 2003,10:55)]And as for you Froggy How on Earth do you get Shogun to look so marvellous????? Those screenies are sumptous
    I stick the resolution to 1024x768 and turn on the 8bit textures. That's all, most of the pictures look good because I hunt down the best views etc, Shogun doesn't look very good if you take a screenshot of a crap scene. You should see MTW on my PC - the soldiers go very blurry if there are more than 500 men or 4 unit types on the field. Sigh, my poor GeForce III is getting old.

How come almost every time I visit this topic only a few of frostbeastegg's images appear and the rest is redirected to a totalwar.org image, ( this is also the case with teutonic knights sig picture)?

Ps this only seem to happen on my home computer, when I visited this topic on a computer at school all but one or two appeared.

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Because they use org screenie hosting ?

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Quote[/b] (Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe @ Oct. 23 2003,14:12)]Because they use org screenie hosting ?

Louis,
    I know that that is why the logo appears. But the problem is that the screenshot that is supposed to show doesn't.
    Only one or two of them, for the rest the logo appears.

Hope this makes my question a bit clearer.
    --St. Augustine

i just realised that i can play shoggy again, after getting my CD drive fixed... this should be fun

*gets the camera ready*

Dîn-Heru - my screenshots (and the others on the orgs filehosting) should all come out exactly the same as everyone elses, you shouldn't get a redirect or logo. The pictures all load correctly for me so I have no idea what the problem could be. Try talking to TosaInu about it.

Ok, thanks
    --St. Augustine

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast