Thread: recorses

|OCS|Virus

is there a way to distribute recorces differently in the map? oh, and I am making progress, I no longer need to mod because I can't win, I finaly beat it with the "minor victory" not as good as I'd hoped but I'm getting there =D anyways thx for helping.

|OCS|Virus

nobody knows how to change recorses around? LoL this thread has been up for almost a day and no responces, doesnt anybody know? well sometimes these things take time LoL.

Do you mean Trade goods and resources like Copper and Gold?

I am prety sure that these are in the campmap/startpos files, but I am not certain, someone else will be able to tell you more certainly.
    'Odi et ammo, excrucior' - I love and I hate, it hurts.

'Excretus est ex altitudine' - Shat upon from a great hight.

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

Aye Derfel is right

Two things you can change, the amount of florin a province produces, and what resources are in that province.

So first up the florin...

Open up the startpos you want to edit in notepad (make sure you back it up IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER first though) Startpos files are located in:

(MTW)\campmap\startpos

Scroll down to the SetAttributes lines, about half way down the file (or click find and type in "SetAttributes") You should see a line:

SetAttributes:: ID_ALGERIA "Algeria" 0 MUSLIM_CULTURE ARID AT_ISLAMIC -1 300 "Algeria Castle_xzy" INLAND HILLY NO_RIVER TRUE

(That is one line, but doesn't appear too good in this post, you might want to copy this post to notepad to view properly. I've also edited out some of the tabs to make it smaller.)

The 300 is what you are interested in. Just change this value to anything else and that is the base amount of florins the province will produce per year.

The other method is to change what goods/resources are available to a region.
    Not far below the Attibutes you'll see some SetTradeableGoods:: and SetResources:: lines.

SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANTIOCH SILK SPICES GEMS
    SetResources:: ID_AQUITAINE SALT

Simply, the province is followed by the types of goods/resources that are avaialable to it. Resources and Goods are defined seperately, so you need a seperate line for each. For example if you want to give Wessex fish (goods), wool (goods) and iron (resource) you would need to do this:

SetTradableGoods:: ID_WESSEX WOOL FISH
    SetResources:: ID_WESSEX IRON

Hope this helps.
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

|OCS|Virus

cool much thanx to you I will try it at my earlyest convinience, I'm quite certain that it will work thanx =D

you can also change the value of the trade goods

in the same file startpos/early.txt or whichever era

DeclareTradegoods:: "GLASSWARE" 40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOD" 20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "FURS" 40

the number indicates the value of that good in trade just fiddle up or down for preference. at the bottom if the list is also the import percentage. this is quite insignificant, but sets the percentage of the above figures to be used as the import rating for that good, when the AI trades with you. its currently set to 10/20% but raising it makes AI trade more worthwhile but will also give the AI factions more money from you tradingwith them intheory, this is also the place where you can add in new tradable goods simply by declaring them, but its more complicated than that, of course...

Head Moderator of TotalRome
    Refugee of the Total War Centre

|OCS|Virus

NEAT cool, I'll check it out, right now my CD-rom is giving me a hard time, so I dont know if it works or not =\

Its hard when you spell it recorses.
    I didn't write criticizing. I wrote criticised. Which is correct, unless you're trying to raise some bizzare nationalist argument; the kind of stupidity requiring some smarts to begin with.

-Unknown Know-it-all