Thread: are you supposed to be able to defend in the castle??

well when someone attacks me where i have a castle, it automatically calculates the death and stuff.........but than i see people put pics with them defending their castle!!! whatz up wit dat???

Ok when you move into an enemy province with a castle in it you begin seige. Seige is when you bombard castle etc. But you also have the option of moving your unit onto the castle which attacks the castle directly. The AI also has the option to do this, well i think they do.

[This message has been edited by NARF (edited 12-08-2001).]
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

badaspin: The deaths you see are due to disease and starvation, not from battles. If the AI decides to break the seige you will defend in the castle.

NARF: They do but they only do so when you are heavily outnumbered, they prefer to wait until you die off. No fun at all of course.

The moral of this is if you want to try some castle battles, try some custom battles.

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

geez, Ive been gone so long, THE YOUNGNS ARE CATCHIN UP AHH!!!
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

hey i just captured all of japan and they probably attacked like 20 of my castles and im sure itz death showings..............but i also installed it on minimal install so it might not have all the features...

It won't be due to a min. install. When you've taken a province but the defenders retreated into the castle did you ever drag and drop your attacking army onto the castle? If you leave your army in the province but don't attack the defenders die off. This is what the AI like to do. They may have attacked provinces with castles but you must lose that battle and retreat itno the castle or choose retreat to the castle from the options that appear at the start of the battle. This is however no garauntee that they will attack your castle.

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums