Thread: 2 questions about this game

first of all, i take over like 3/4ths of japan and all of a sudden it says your heier is dead from illness and you lose!!!! how do you make more heiers!!!! yes it automatically makes babies sometimes but how do you do that all the time!!!! second questions is which clan is the strongest???

#1. You cant

#2. Hojo

Hojo might be the stongest clan but uesugi clan (if l remember the nema ecorrectly) which is near there has very rich lands and most of them have gold in them. A quick attack can give you Hitachi which is the best province in the game from Hojo clan.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Blog Entries

go online and play MP...

koc

Keeping your Daimyo at home making babies rather than on the battlefield seems to work. I notice that if I keep him in a castle he has sons - but if I keep him fighing he has no time for fun

Grifman

Having heirs is a semi-random process. The key is to make sure that when the first matures to manhood (16 in the game - don't tell my kids that though!), if you build him a unit to command, you should keep him out of combat so as he does not die, at least until their is another heir mature as well. Always have one mature heir not near the front lines - so he wont die in battle, and when the diamyo dies, the oldest heir will take over. Given that some of your heirs may have died - the one you kept safe will still be there and take on the head of the clan.

As to who is the strongest - that depends on your play style. Vesugi is, in my opinion, the strongest defensively - as they can afford more archers due to the reduced cost. Their initial layout for Sengoku is terrible defensively, but if you can squeak through the first 2 years without total loses, your fine. Offensively, the best has to be takeda, since takeda can recruit cav at the start - and does so for a lower cost. Again, given their starting position, they need to be aggressive. Some may disagree with me on that - but I would point out that the other good offensive units - WMs and ND's require all the clans to build additional building (and with ND's get a Legendary Swordsman event) to get them, meaning that their arrival on the battlefield will be delayed somewhat.

One side note - if you take the WE/MI game as a whole - no side is more offensive (both in smell and abilty) than the unwashed, barbarian hordes called the mongols. Particularly a MLC and MHC combination. Defensively they suffer, although proper use of Skirmishers and Thunder Bombers can give them a decent (but not outstanding) ability to defend.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Depends how you like to play. Good for defense is Shimazu, good for offense is Hojo.

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

... and go online and play MP...

--goldfish
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

That too of course

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums