Thread: Kensai honor bug?

Did anyone else notice that the kensai's honor was not shown correctly on strategy map?

I have 3 Kensai units who have honor 3, 4, 5 respectively in actuall combat, led by an rank 2 general. I would assume that their actual honor shoulbe be 2, 3, 4. But no, on strategic map, they are all shown as honor 1 unit!

Is this a bug or is kensai's honor calculated diffrently?
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Not a clue, never met that before and I like using Kensi so maybe it's just your copy of the game?

------------------
    Fight first, then scream 'Doh, why did I forget my Kensi!'
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

lol if u hadnt noticed the kensai have this thing called battlespirit, or whatever, they will sometimes dramatically increase honour before battle even commences and sometimes not, eitherway I have seen one kensai gain 5 honour points in about 2 minutes odd then when back on the stragey map he wen back down to level 2. wierd huh?? not really.
    winning and losing exist in the future, the future does not exist, concentrate on these two things and you will always fail no matter what the outcome.

bug, its been mentioned many times.

Quote Originally posted by MountainSoul:
    lol if u hadnt noticed the kensai have this thing called battlespirit, or whatever, they will sometimes dramatically increase honour before battle even commences and sometimes not, eitherway I have seen one kensai gain 5 honour points in about 2 minutes odd then when back on the stragey map he wen back down to level 2. wierd huh?? not really.[/QUOTE]

EH ????
    1BC Civ3 forums

He must be a Trekkie.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Quote Originally posted by The_battlefield_geisha:
    bug, its been mentioned many times.[/QUOTE]

Any easy fix on that one? It's so annoying sometimes.

Also, last night I tried to assault the castle with two small "armies", one being the rank 4 HC general that I have been investing on (the first one has already reached rank 6), the 2nd being 2 plain Kensai and 2 BN units.

Of course, when the battle got resolved, 5 units all showed up, under the leadership of the rank 4 HC.

However afterwards, both the HC general and the Kensai leader added a win to their records! The rank 4 HC now has 20 wins instead of 19 wins, and the Kensai leader got promoted to rank 1.

Isn't it weird?

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 12-09-2001).]

well duh!! Zone ,i was only replying to how i see things and i see it as a fact that on my strategy screen my kensai will be h2 WITHIN the GENERALS army,but, when we go in battle sometimes he has already gained honour even in the deploy phase sometimes even 3 points and during battle the dear little fellow has even risen to level 8.Then when we return to the strategy screen his honour has reduced markedly even whilst in the same generals army.As for the battlespirit comment, surely u have seen elite athletes refer to something they call the zone.... or have u heard of mighty norse warriors going into a berserker phase or a an enraged monk cleaving thru the ranks with one of those huge studded poles.It is an eerie thing ,everything seems to slow down, yet u dont ,and u dont seem to think in this state either but just react.I have experienced it a number of times for i have trained in various forms of unarmed combat and on a few occassions(in real life )stared at a knife moving slowly thru the air for what seemed like 20 seconds or more before watching the arm carrying it uselessly snap or become limp due to some other cause...then comes the running... frantic running , that adrenalin pumped run to save your life honestly there is nothing like it on earth, run for your life.. lol how many of us truly knows how this feels.The only reason im still alive is caus i just burst into a frantic sprint at somepoint or other.

------------------
    winning and losing exist in the future, the future does not exist, concentrate on these two things and you will always fail no matter what the outcome.

Well DUUUH! Why didn't you all see it! MS obviously speaks the gospel truth and we should just bow down and worship it! Thank GOD he came right now, and is displaying his talent, prior to being contaminated with the horrors of actually spending a good span of quality time with the forum.

All hail!

Matt

Now, now. Not even in jokes does length of tenure have anything to do with quality of posts.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Ah hah, well why didn't you say that in the first place? It's due to the generals honour if your troops are in different armies! Would have solved the prob and avoided the insults (but where's the fun without the odd insult eh? ).

------------------
    1BC Civ3 forums

hmmm i sense a disturbance in the current
    *puts forefingers to middle of brow*
    yes yes im picking it up now
    i see... i seee... spectacles 2 inches thick... spindly arms ....acne that would rival the landscape on mars..... hhhmmmm i see a K and the numeral 7 hmmm....lol 8P no i am not god but i might be one of the lesser ones, and i do so love to see how my posts gain such a notoriety ,infamous as it may be it is still recognition of a sorts.And anyway u can all blame this on someone else for posting things about me.i have restrained myself from posting here for nigh on a year now and it was only when i saw my actions laid out for the community to read that i felt compelled to answer, so now we all must suffer, myself included.

------------------

Although that made less sense, at least I understood it first time !

------------------
    1BC Civ3 forums

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

(P)MS

Brevity is the soul of wit.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

King of the Potato People. Senior Member Sir Chauncy's Avatar

Well kids sorry to interupt this obviously vital mudslinging but I to have witnessed these problems first hand.
    Firstly Kensai or Battlefield Ninja just don't seem to want to stay generals, they only act as generals if they are the only thing in the army. and even if they have a higher rank than the others in the army, they just don't want to be generals.
    Secondly, they really do gain and loose honour like rice in the wind, very very strange.

Oh yes, that 'state' that you said you entered many time Mountian Soul. I too have experianced it and heard others tales on it. But it all because clear when I saw that program on the BBC about the human brain. Because it takes a certain amount of time for the information to enter your eyes and then be processed by the brain everything you see is actually a few milliseconds old. However, have you noticed that there are various ways that the body reacts when you do something with it? Should you accidentally brush your arm against something really hot, then your arm jerks away before you even register it was burning and indeed before it was actually burned. This is because under these circumstances the body realises that the brain would not be able to react in time and takes the appropriate steps. This is TRUE reflex and as such is made without conscious descision on your part, and should you start to think and take control of your own body with your brain, then the whole thing slows down and starts to fall apart. It is actually a documented fact in various neural biology texts and you could look into should you wish to do so.

Veni, Vermui, Vomui.

I came, I got ratted, I threw up.

Morale outrage is the recourse of those who have no argument.

DOH!

Oh, well, this thread has gone through some interesting twists, but here is an update:

Based on the responses, I thought that this was merely an inconsistency between the strategy map and battle mode. I.e, Kensai's honor not showing correctly on the map, but will be reflected correctly during battle mode.

But then I remembered the good old log files.

And guess what?

To my surprise, Kensai's honor changes during battle mode as well!

I had two Kensai who I raised to honor 6. Then a few seasons later, I brought them to another battle, under the banner of the same general. And they showed up as honor 5.

And correct me if I am wrong, the honor shown in the log files is the UNMODIFIED (i.e. before the general's bonus is applied) honor for each individual soldier. And even if this assumption is wrong, remember they were under the leadership of the same rank 2 general (his 3rd and 4th vic), so the general's bonus will remain the same.

It seems that the honor system for Kensai is really screwy.

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 12-19-2001).]

Are you sure that it was the same actual person aswell. If your taisho had been killed, it could be the same unit as general but not the same person.

------------------
    1BC Civ3 forums

Default Re: Kensai honor bug?

Hmm, I googled this thread to try and find out info on Kensai.

One poster mentions correctly that Kensai will relinquish leadership to any larger unit in the Army no matter what rank. Well, I wanted to raise a Kensai general so I had to create a Kensai army. It took a while, but was satisfying. Also, the higher ranking Kensai in the Army will not always lead if you add another Kensai to the unit, you must remove the ranking general and re-add him into the Army on the strategy board for him to take command at times.

I'd start my first few battles with full Kensai Army and a backup unit or two on a small army province to build up there honor. Once there honor was higher, I'd let the Kensai battle small armies by themselves until the general's rank was higher and the other Kensai's honor rose. I'd gradually pick stronger oponents until my Kensai general was at Rank 7. At this time my Kensai Army was nearly unstoppable. The only battles that I had to avoid were 2k+ battles on one or two strongly defensible provinces. I would have to soften them up first with a cannon fodder battle, then bring in the Kensai on the next fight and they will once again win by themselves with no casualties. On all other provinces; however, this was no problem. My 16 man Kensai army would go up against a 3,000 men strong opposing force and win with no casualties!
    Forever Valiant, "Semper Fi"
    l2k-Spec-Ops_X
    Commander of the l2k Armies