Thread: The annoying CA in 1.0.2.

I have a pretty good idea why they boosted CA's speed in 1.0.2, but oh well, everyone has his say, especially since you are in the testing team.

Just sort of want to make a neutral comment: CAs are just a bit too annoying in 1.0.2

They don't really inflict too much damage, but their running speed really takes the fun out of the game. YC can still catch them, but only after a
    long
    long
    long
    long
    long
    long
    long chase.

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 12-19-2001).]
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

i have to admit that they do seem alot more powerful. . and as i have only played a few games back that was the 1st thing that hit me when i played with them. . but i may be exagerating coz it been soooooo long

------------------
    Sarcasm . . . . . Never!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

I like them now, i usually take a unit or two where i didn't before. they are as useful as yari cav for chasing routed troops, and they can go on skirmish so htey keep out of trouble. plus they occaisionally kill someone with hteir arrows, tho' htis seems rare.
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

these "new" CA are as cowardly as ever. The part about having to chase them down after the rest of the enemy army has routed is true, but i haven't noticed any big changes.

If you want to avoid chasing them around set 1 unit to hold their attantion then send a unit or 2 behind/flanking them, then close in. You can get them with infantry this way. You don't have to chase them and you can usually kill the lot even if they flee.
    Like a wooden man facing flowers and birds.

Aye, the best way to take down a pesky unit of CA is to chase it into a trap. A good cav player would never fall for it, though.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

Too powerful to me.
    Better before.
    Bye.
    Funkybax

The tops if used as a master horseman!

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

If you have have to chase down your opponent's CA at the end of a match, I would make sure that I did not play that individual again. An individual CA does not stand a chance against your army and your opponent should just attack and get the inevitable over with.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

2 weeks ago, I have matched with a guy quite good at using skirmish strategy, or whatever we should call that.
    A week ago I've invented my own one, in which one's army virtually should have at least 2 CA. Believe or not, I have lost few when i intend to win the game instead of fooling around.
    I actually think that CA should have faster reload rate, faster than SA. And SA should have even better damage or accuracy, or on the plain they are virtually gone.

And personally I love CA and the patch. Only then I'm looking forward for another patch. Including the two matter listed above, and also let the yari samurai have worse performace owing to decrease in the maximum turning angle. comparing to the funcion of Naginata and its lower price, there may also be a need for the heavy cavalry to have a better turning angle. I never think Japanese heavy cavalry men should suck like that against the Mongols horde.

Last, but really not the least, if it is possible, I would suggest that the routing effect cause one half more to units the same with the unit that is routed, and less to those not. Then this will discourage rushing using one unit. If it's already there, may further enhance it.

I love CA and love to use them to annoy the h@ll of my enemy, .

------------------
    Making all sense makes no sense. Making no sense makes no sense.
    Making all sense makes no sense. Making no sense makes no sense.

Everybody to their own.But some interesting points made...Gen...

yes they are annoying ...
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well