Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medieval: Total War Info Pack available!

Exclamation

I am happy to announce the latest item from Bushface & frogbeastegg Productions LMD - the Total War info pack

This handy little zip file contains:

1. Four sheets showing unit availability. Sheet 1 is introductory and covers agents, crusaders, rebels and mercenaries: sheets 2 and 3 show what units are available to each faction, in what eras and (where applicable) provinces, and which provinces give them a valour bonus: sheet 4 shows what buildings you need to train each unit.

2. Three tech trees for MTW, one each for Catholics, Orthodox and Muslim factions, showing not only the building sequences but also what units the buildings can produce for each faction. The Catholic tree supersedes my earlier English-only tree.

3. Of course, my tech tree for VI and my block maps for VI and MTW are also still available.

All of these handy items are in .bmp format and print out properly onto A4 paper and have been compiled from the latest version of MTW (we've both got the Viking Invasion). They contain corrected information that replaces the old CA produced tech trees etc, the old trees contained many errors and needed updating to show the new units in the medieval eras.

Please don't think I am advertising this pack because I made it, in truth Bushface did most of the work and I just did some research and error checking. This pack contains information that will help any TW player regardless of skill and experience.

To order a pack send your requests to rff@BLAHBLAHtesco.net (omitting the BLAHBLAH which is there to baffle sniffer-bots). Please be specific and say exactly what you would like.

EDIT: You can now download the files from the org or from Seljuk Sinan. Links for both are provided on the second page near the top.

If you have any questions or comments please leave them here and I'll do my best to help.

Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Talking

Greetings

May I have the pack to the following address please:

"katsujin_ken@hotmail.com"

Look forward to checking it out.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

The idea is to send an email to Bushface at rff@BLAHBLAHtesco.net (without the BLAHBLAH of course) to save people from having to post their emails here, sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. I've sent a copy of your request to Bushface Seljuk, you should get one soon
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Understanding in a Car Crash Member RZST's Avatar

is this okay to use on 1.1?

Taking on seven years that the holy ghost had left alone
    test my arms, kick like crazy, Ive been trying way too long.
    only if he could push his way off and fight you
    Im sorry, Im sorry, Im not sure
    Getting this off my chest, the story ends.

Talking

Ah yes. You did make that clear enough Froggy. I sent an email shortly after to that address as well. Cheers.

Ky Kiske - yep, you can use it on 1.1 as all the VI units etc are clearly marked. As long as you don't mind ignoring a handful of things here and there you'll be fine.

Seljuk - I think you'll enjoy the pack, although you may get two copies now. You'll be able to read it in stereo

Talking

Froggy is too modest. She did a vast amount of research without which the unit-availability sheets could not have been produced: I just set them out, and then used that info to complete the tech trees. But I do claim credit for the block maps
    If anybody finds any errors, will they please post comments here or over on the .com forum, or by e-mail direct to me at the given address.

Seljuk - I have tried twice to send you the stuff, once via th link in this forum and once in reply to your e-mail. Both were returned undelivered with no reason stated: can you accept attachments over 1MB ?

Talking

Yeah I was wondering what was happening

I have about 1.4 Megs space available in the hotmail account. Please make sure that you are using the correct address syntax (I think you are though). I emailed you an alernate address if the file is larger than 1.4 Megs. Umm not sure if hotmail allows attachments larger than 1 Meg.

Cheers and thanks for your reply.

sent request , how big is whole file?

Froggy if you and Bushface like. I have plenty of webspace available and I could simply add a link for download in this thread.

Let me know if you guys are interested.

The whole pack when viewed in zip form on my hard drive comes to 1.9MB However the email in which I received my completed copy was only 1.6MB. It can be broken up into smaller parts and sent separately though, I think that's what will have to happen to the email distribution eventually.

Seljuk Sinan - Thanks for the offer but we've just been in contact with TosaInu about adding the pack to the orgs downloads, I've just uploaded the information now so it should be available soon. Having them available on a second site could be a good thing but I'll leave that up to Bushface as distribution is his department (Thank heaven )

Since neither of us are going to agree as to who does the most work I'll let the readers decide. I come up with a stupid idea for a bunch of custom tech trees and unit sheets after working on the VI tech tree (I got into that because I mentioned that I was going to write the build times and costs on my new VI tech tree and Bushface thought it sounded interesting. That's how the partnership started), then Bushface considered the idea for a while before we split the research. Research is easy, I just hunt through the unit_prod type files with the gnome editor, play the game and do a lot of reading on the org and official forums (you know, those lovely topics on 'what do I need to build X' ). Then I send my research notes to Bushface and he mixes it with his and hammers it down from a lot of pages to just one sheet of A4. This is followed by much error checking on both our parts before Bushface distributes the final product. So you decide (privately ) who does the most work, I still say I've got it easy.

Parthian Warlord Member Revenant69's Avatar

Kool I cant wait to see that info stuff
    Thanks alot frogbeastegg and Bushface, I have already sent my request

Cheers m8s

EDIT: Ahem... well i got the email which was supposedly containing the files but it didnt (it was CCed to me could that be why?). Anyhow, i am really looking forward to this.

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Vegetius
    www.slavab.com
    www.agarwaen.com

Talking

Hehe I got it I noticed that you were copied in the mail Rev. It's really a neat package

It's great Very easy to use. I could only add one more thing into it. That would be the time taken to construct each building. This way you could more easily tell how long it would take to produce a certain unit type in terms of years, of building required. Sorry if I missed this, but I could not see the building times anywhere.

Brilliant work Thanks again.

Btw I think it will distribute itself, since a lot of people will prolly start putting it up on their sites, as a useful tool for the community.

Bushface lemme know if you want me to host it on mine. I'd be glad to.

Cheers.

Revenant69 - No idea what happened there, try asking for another one.

Seljuk Sinan - There are build times on the VI tree but I don't think Bushface could cram them into the main game ones. I did research them, if I can find the text file I'll send it to you.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

request sent, this should prove usefull,

thanks Bush and Froggy

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

damnit, i mailed for it, but i haven't recieved anything yet. and where do you find all this spare time froggy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hehe I got it I noticed that you were copied in the mail Rev. It's really a neat package

It's great Very easy to use
    Thanks for the tease Seljuk I have sent another request for it. If i dont get it then maybe its my hotmail acting up, although i have like 1.9Mb free. Weird.

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    www.slavab.com
    www.agarwaen.com

Talking

LOL hmm well does hotmail allow attachments of more than 1 meg ? I'll try sending it to you.

darn

You got it right in the bulls eye Seljuk. I will PM you my other email addy if you do not mind sending it to me.
    www.slavab.com
    www.agarwaen.com

Talking

NP dude. I had the same problem with hotmail. I think it does not accept more than 1 meg attachments. I just sent it to your other addy.

I'd like to suggest lossless .jpg compression guys.
    .bmp results in ridiculously large files.

& would somebody please host the thing?
    I can't accept such large files in email.

Really looking forward to this
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

o, well i just have it and i just printed it, for some reason when i printed it, it was a little bit slanted .

pretty informative now i edit it

DemonArchangel - Bushface is sending them out when he's got time, sometimes you receive them quickly and sometimes it takes a little longer. As for how I find the time it's quite simple - I already had most of this information scribbled on bits of paper back before the 1.1 patch The updating and new stuff can be done quite quickly with just a couple hours work a day, since I'm at university and a historian I'm used to researching things quickly and accurately. Of course all the stuff I'm doing leaves me no time to actually play the games

arrrse - You want to talk to Bushface about compression and file types, thankfully that's not my department. The org is going to host the files; I sent them in last night so they should land in the download section soon. I shall post when they are available.

Ky Kiske - I hate to be a cop out but is your paper in the printer properly? Mine all print out fine.

Talking

Unfortunately I have no ink at the mo, so I can only print em tomorrow. I like the jpeg idea, that would reduce the size to about 1 meg (or below) for the whole pack.

Nice work

EDIT: Hmm I just converted everything to .jpg but the file size is larger than before ahh well 1.9 Meg is nothing to download.

Curious

I don't think I've ever heard of a .jpg wind up bigger than a .bmp before...

I have however noticed a substantial difference in file-size depending on which program was used to do the compression.

In my experience, a 1.7mb .bmp comes down to about 230-250kb .jpg

I'll try it out when I get them anyway (when they are posted at the org )

Talking

Hello everyone,

I have hosted the Info Pack in it's original unmodified form with Froggy's permisssion on my webspace. So you can proceed to download it here:

BF FBE MTW Info Pack

The only alteration I have made is to put all the files into one pack, since before it was split into 5 zip archives. It's now 1.2 Megs. I will a bit later re-organise the pack for some of my friends amd will post another link for download, it will be larger though about 3.2 megs I think.

Cheers

Sweet

Ok, so they do convert to bigger
    Could you guys have used more zip files??
    Nice naming for them but the images themselves would have been better off having those useful names...

The files are now available on the org as well, here's a link for lazy people You are looking for the files by Bushface, they are easy enough to find.

Seljuk Sinan - Thanks for filling in, you can keep the files up if you wish or take them down to save space.

arrrse - Originally the files were divided up by type and game, so you had all three tech trees for MTW in one file, the MTW map in another, the VI tech tree and map in a third and so on. This is because some people only want a specific file as they have already got the maps etc from the earlier release (the one advertised in the Entrance Hall several months ago, it's also in my beginners guide.) and only want the new bits. Having them split up also allows the pack to be sent over several emails to fit in smaller in boxes when required (you need to ask if you want it split up, otherwise you get the whole lot).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast