Thread: castle provinces

how come when i attack or defend a castle province i don't see the castle.

i'm talking normal battles and not seige battles.

this would make my map idea void and also be more realistic.

i would'nt be too bothered about seeing other buildings in the province'but the castle would affect the battle and should be there.

seems silly fighting in a province and knowing there could even be a massive citadel there and not being able to see it never mind use it.

this should be patched or included in any future upgrade add on.

imagine trying to attack a river province'and behind the river sits a castle!!! ouch

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

The provinces are *somewhat* bigger than the tactical combat maps. What we see in each province's tac map is only a tiny portion of the province's overall area that has been chosen (by someone) as the area most suitable for a field battle. The castle is in the castle map, not the standard combat map.

Although why the river province castles aren't built by the river is anybody's guess.

------------------
    "The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
    - Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

I think that the other reason that the castles are not on the map is so that you have the tactical option of withdrawing to the castle if the battle turns against you.

Phoenix
    DP is correct - Shiro

but i want the option to retreat to the castle as a defender.

at mikata ga hara the tokugawa army was being routed.

a taiko drum was beaten at the gates to rally the troops home and torches lit.

battles would be much more fun and varied if a defender could retreat to a castle on the province map as there would be lots of possibilities like the attackers trying to block the defenders route back to the castle and cutting them off at the pass so to speak.

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!