Thread: Time Commanders what did you think?

I thought the RTW was excellent. The detail was excellent, some of the action looked a bit daft. For instance then all the horses were moving and their tailes were all swishing in perfect syncronisation. But gnerally it looked gr8. Cant wait for game to come out, just hope it runs on my computer. As for Time Commanders it was very good. I even knew one of the contestants, from my chess playing days. Thought the presenter was a little on the dull side, but to be fair he will probably improve as series goes on. The experts were pretty good as well. I wonder if all the battles will be Roman or maybe some different era's?

Yikes how do I change my account name plz?
    Should be KFW_MadMick_V

I thought it was quite good but yet again the BBC pick the wrong presenter

Hello
    I havent seen time commanders so I cant offer a view on the quality of the show. What I do think is that the BBC seems hell-bent on producing cheap programmes.I saw the trailer for Time Commanders and instantly thought: they are ripping off Total War
    Now I discover that in fact, RTW was the game used on the show.
    I suppose it proves one thing, namely that Total War is extremely popular at the moment.
    By the way, the Janissary Heavy Infantry is my best bet for MTW

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

Greetings Dragonfish and welcome to the .org

I think that Time Commander was a good enough show, and no doubt the cheap program means the BBC can spend more of my licence money on fame academy (bangs head against wall repeatedly). Anyhow I think its good for promoting what will be a great game so its all good from my end.

Anyhow enjoy your stay and may your Jan Heavies never feel the wrath of my gothic foot

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Anyhow enjoy your stay and may your Jan Heavies never feel the wrath of my gothic foot
    Probably not, since they are so much quicker

I wish I could see Time Commanders. Those who can, please scan the video carefully to identify possible new features.

I even knew one of the contestants, from my chess playing days.

i think the chess player should have been in overall charge, she had several good suggestions regarding tactical moves during the battle.

a damned good show
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

MadMick:
    To change from your D*H*D account to the KFW one, log out (upper left of screen) and then login (upper left) and use the KFW account.
    This space intentionally left blank

Cheers m8ty

Hmmm, I was rather dissapointed by Time Commanders as a whole.

The footage of RTW was fantastic, and there was nothing wrong with that. But the show was poorly filmed and the presenter just anoyed me.

Next time I will only turn it on for the RTW footage.
    'Odi et ammo, excrucior' - I love and I hate, it hurts.

'Excretus est ex altitudine' - Shat upon from a great hight.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (katar @ Sep. 05 2003,14:00)]I even knew one of the contestants, from my chess playing days.

i think the chess player should have been in overall charge, she had several good suggestions regarding tactical moves during the battle.

a damned good show
    Nahh she was on the right spot.... I am pretty sure that if she was in command her lieutenants (those who were the generals thus), would not have been able to carry on her orders onto the field... nor would the feedback to the generals be that great....

They should have not used that presentator but just let these two history buffs do a co-presentation... I love such british enthusiasm.... silly buggers

I love such british enthusiasm.... silly buggers

i think only one was british, i think Nausberger (spelling&#33 is canadian or american.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

I think its doomed. It's quite clear they have not really got a grip on how the show is supposed to work as a show. The generals never even used their battle display table, no douybt becuase they only had 15 mins to develop a strategy and the presenter spent half the time explaining how to plkay. And they didn't know much about their units. They should be brioefing thre players and the audience separately, and the military experts who have their head around what is going on should be used more constructively by working the generals map for them.

Fantastic footage though, absolutely fantastic.
    "We are not the Duke of Sung." - Mao Zedong

this week on time commanders its: 84AD battlefield mons graupius (scotland) roman governor Agricola (AI) VS (A Family from scotland) Caledonian tribesmen.
    (the romans won that one) but the romans r the AI this time so the pict army should win this one easy