Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does my Mod crash?

###### of the Smurfs Member pyhhricvictory's Avatar

It is a slightly altered BKB, I changed factions and units around to my liking on one of the versions of MTW on my computer.
    The web of domination has become the web of Reason itself, and this society is fatally entangled in it

Hi everybody

I'm not a modder, but i do love playing some of the mods that are available, but have been having some problems tough

Recently dowloaded BKB supermod installer and HTW beta, and in both i seem to have the same problem

I choose single player/new campaign/choose faction and in the faction selection screen, the faction identification is all a bunch of xxx's indications of coordinates not found and not being able to transalte intructions kinda things, regardless of that i choose the faction and click continue, the game keeps going and just when the progress bar fills up, it CTD's

PLS HELP

I've seen screenies of HTW and am just dying to try Supermod on high....

txs

In war, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    Sun Tzu on the Art of War

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Do you have them both installed on the same Medieval?

Nope, separate fresh games....
    In war, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    Sun Tzu on the Art of War

Question Re: Why does my Mod crash? (new type of CTD?)

Hi All,
    Been reading the forums for a while and learned a lot about Mods. Much thanks to all you contributors.

While testing V6 of my own "Yingling Mod" (Pagan Viking Danish, see background below) for VI-2.01, I got a new type of CTD while testing it. All of the mods work fine in a game past 20-40 turns until I attack any Byzantine provence (battle win or byzantine retreat makes no difference). I get the CTD on the next turn with no error message. This CTD does occur after the auto-save. Earlier turns that took out Rebels, Polish and Hungarians had no problems. I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing helped identify the problem.

Yes I have scanned the Forums for any similiar problem and found nothing. Being stumped, does any genius out there have any ideas on what is going wrong????? I am willing to zip and email the files to any interested party.

TIA and Bye

Mod Premise: No battle at Stamford Bridge, King Harold still loses to William. Danish get excommunicated after refusing Papal order to turn over Mercia/York to William and go back to being pagan and make their own empire.

Mod Description: Starting from EARLY.TXT, Danish become pagan barbarian raider with units and some buildings from VI via cut&paste. Uses custom prod-files, names files, and mods to the "LOC\ENG" files. The modified tech-tree works. Only "new" unit is a danish-specific "Skald" agent (emissary type) with preaching/zeal effects and this mod passed game testing in the early turns. This Skald agent was the only new type of mod change from my Yingling V5 Mod that did not have this CTD problem. But I cannot figure how this could cause a "enemy faction-specific" CTD.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Why does my Mod crash? (new type of CTD?)

Could it be that when you capture that province you come into contact with another nation, of another religion e.g. Turks, and the Muslim pieces/shields, which you can now see, have an error in them? This happened to me in my WoT mod.

To test this, send an emissary to the area and check it out.

Thanks for the thought, but I had not modded faction shields/colours. I did try your test anyway but it did not trigger the CTD

Just for closure purposes, I was not able to discover the cause of the "CTD after attacking a specific faction after many turns into the game". However, it might be of interest that the problem disappeared after rebuilding the mod campaign text from scratch but leaving the other mod files alone. This does imply that "Mod success" can only be declared after completing a full game, or maybe several games, including maybe played as each active faction in the game. Just an evil thought.

Thanks and Cheery Bye

Default Re: Why does my Mod crash?

I have big prob with XL mod.
    I installed it while following all instructions step-by-step,but game failed with CTD error, if i go to campaing or attept load saved games.
    When i look on error log i see this:

Errors for session started: Thu Apr 14 19:02:13 2005

C:\MedAddOn\Crusaders_TW\main3d_1.cpp(7115) : DirectX call : DDERR_SURFACELOST
    Errors for session started: Thu Apr 14 19:11:09 2005

C:\Med_Patch\Crusaders_TW\frontend_globals.cpp(107 4) : Error : "No such file or directory"(2)
    C:\Med_Patch\Crusaders_TW\bmradar.cpp(287) : File Error : fopen(".\RadarMap\flatinland17.map", "wb") - "No such file or directory"(2)

I never installed anything to this path.
    When i try to find these files in directory, where i installed the game,i find nothing.
    Please help me! Btw: Sorry for my English but im from far far away from u...

Creator of the Medmod for M:TW Member WesW's Avatar

Here are a few things I have learned while debugging my mod:

1)You may only declare 31 factions in a campaign, including the rebels, not 32. The program will CTD prior to the Main Menu if you attempt to declare more than this.

2)At least some of the new V&V's added for VI in the changes text do not work. Basically, if a V&V is not defined in events text nor used in the default file, then it will probably not work.

3)There is some kind of glitch with the Horde's Set Leader Attributes in the campaign files. Trying to change anything results in the romannumeral error in his name.

I also ran into a mysterious error with the Ligurian Sea. I changed it to Lagurian and it seems to have fixed the problem. I still have no idea what was going on.

4)The scenario system is FUBAR'd when it comes to graphics, imho. Basically, to use it you have to find all the Viking folders, make similar ones for your mod, and fill them with everything new for your mod plus everything from the basic game that you use in your mod, such as factions.
    Included in this is the 25meg campmap\portraits folder, even if you don't add any new portraits for your mod.

5)There seems to be something strange about the way faction descriptions are defined. Those for the Viking factions only appear in Changes.txt, which should not normally work without being defined previously in Startpos.txt, and which in fact does not work for other entries. I mean, there appears to be some type of special hardcoded link just for the Viking factions.
    Descriptions which are defined in Startpos.txt don't show up in the game unless they have a duplicate entry in Changes.txt.

6)This is something I noticed a long time ago, but have not seen described here.
    Error messages for the units text are almost always wrong. The game seems to load the file by columns, and the error is usually in the previous unit in the previous tab to the one specified in the message, at least in the case of missing tabs.
    Wes Whitaker's Total Modification site:

This a fix for the CTD during the "thinking...." phase.

I ran into this problem after I created a new 600 AD map for the Fall of Rome mod. The game would CTD, usually after 10 turns, or so.

I isolated it to the Avars conquering Macedonia, and discovered I missed a neighbors entry for Dalmatia to Epirus. The Epirus to Dalmatia entry was fine.

One I added the Epirus entry to Dalmatia's neighbors, the game was fine. I auto ran it for 300 years with out a CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers
    This a fix for the CTD during the "thinking...." phase.

I ran into this problem after I created a new 600 AD map for the Fall of Rome mod. The game would CTD, usually after 10 turns, or so.

I isolated it to the Avars conquering Macedonia, and discovered I missed a neighbors entry for Dalmatia to Epirus. The Epirus to Dalmatia entry was fine.

One I added the Epirus entry to Dalmatia's neighbors, the game was fine. I auto ran it for 300 years with out a CTD.
    That may be my problem, then. After posting here, I discovered that I had a number of such errors. Most pertained to recent changes I made to the map, but a few could have been present before then....
    I just tried, and the game still won't work, but later I'll remove the units and see if it still crashes immediately.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Quote Originally Posted by WesW
    I have found that there are hard-coded links to agents in the units text which bar you from removing any of them from the game, or altering their unit type.
    here is the content of a pm from WesW
    ============================================
    Well, one of the last bugs I found was simply a missing bracket around one of the priority settings in the buildings text, something like {PORT(100}, where the 100 wasn't enclosed. This caused an immediate crash the first time you hit End turn.

============================================
    The two bugs which were such a bitch both dealt with agents, however. The game kept CTD'ing during the AI thinking phase when it got to the first faction that had any type of Castle, on the first turn after the castle appeared.
    It was so confusing because there was nothing wrong with the buildings text, and the bug was unrelated to any of the buildings which had a castle as a preq, such as the Town Militia line or the Royal Palace.
    There was also no connection to any units enabled by the castle, and any syntax errors in the units text should have been detected at game startup.

It turned out that I had done two things which were each causing the exact same crash.
    First, I had moved three agent units to the bottom of my units text, which placed them beyond the 255 limit. The game also crashed if they were deleted from the file.
    The second thing I had done was change the unit type of the Grand Inquisitor to Cardinal, since I was using it as a pagan priest. Changing the unit type of any of the agents also causes the CTD. There are no messages generated by any of these crashes; the program simply shuts down.

From what I can surmise, the game performs multiple checks of the units text at different points in the game.
    The check at program startup checks for allowable values from a hardcoded list, which I am sure you are familiar with.
    There is a second check, when you begin or load a saved game, for royal units. If it fails to find any for a given faction, it defaults to the first unit in the units text, which can cause a crash if that unit is not one which can appear on the battlefield, such as an agent or a ship. I suspect that this was why the programmers placed Highlanders at the top of the file, so that the game wouldn't default to the Catapult. Artillery will work fine, but having a regular unit probably worked better when they were first playtesting the game.
    These two checks I knew about, but it turns out that there is a third check, apparently the first turn after the appearance of any building designated as a Troop Producer in the buildings text, though it may be something hardcoded specifically to castles. This was very confusing since there is an Agent Producer designation which one would think would trigger anything dealing with agents. I seem to remember that the Troop designation affects the granting of valour bonuses to battlefield units, but I don't know what the others are used for.
    Anyway, it is this check which triggers the hardcoded search for the agent names and types, and unless all are present and properly linked, and located somewhere within the first 255 units in the text, then the game crashes.

WesW
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Regarding the above post, I should mention that the agent crashes do not occur until after the appearance of the first castle in an AI-controlled province. Castles controlled by you don't trigger the check, apparently.

I've been working a mod (with files independent of the original M:TW) that ultimately allows the user to play as one of many "rebel" factions...based around the Early Era. Currently I think I have 22 playable factions or so...7 of which are not playable in the original M:TW. The mod also adds many small tweaks, new units etc.

The problem I'm having is a CTD when loading the 3D battle map IF and only IF certain troops are in the army for specific factions; it loads approx halfway on the bar before CTD. The troops are produced without problem. No CTD if I "autocalc" a battle (ie skip the 3D mode).

Specific example: One of my added factions is the Moldavians...
    If I have Varangian Guard or Saracen Infantry (probably others as well) in the army, I get the CTD if I attempt to "fight out" a battle. Same with my new units...the new units work normally for the original factions, but NOT if owned by the new factions. I can use SOME troops at least with the Moldavians, such as Armoured Spearmen, Irish Dartmen, Avar Nobles.

I keep thinking it's some sort of shield error, but I can't find it if it is. I've gone over the unitprod (MOD-specific unitprod, btw) so many times and found no error. It seems like I've gone over every obscure corner of the directory and back again and found nothing that would cause this particular problem. I could provide an extensive list of which troops work and which don't if that helps pinpoint the issue. Any ideas?

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Sounds like the face shield textures problem. There are eight unit types which cause a CTD when used by modded factions.

Try the following:

In the textures/men folder you'll find the folders for the various unit graphics. Copy the following folders and rename the copies as shown below:

Peasant --> Custom0
    ChainHlm --> Custom1
    HlPlArSH --> Custom2
    LArmWCav --> Custom3
    MKnight --> Custom4
    MSHelm --> Custom5
    PlateS --> Custom6
    PlateCav --> Custom7

Now go into each of the new folders and rename the files to match the new folder. For example, in Custom0 you'll find Peasant.bif, Peasant.lbm and Peasant_H.bif. Rename them to Custom0.bif, Custom0.lbm and Custom0_H.bif and then do the same to the other new folders. Only change the .bif and .lbm files to match the new folder name.

Almost done. Now go into the unit production file that you're using for your units, using an editor like Gnome's. The default file was Crusaders_unit_prod11.txt but you only need to change whichever unit file you're using for that mod. Scroll across to field 48, the texture body types. Now scroll down and locate each unit which uses one of the abve 8 textures and change the entry t match the new folder. Remember to use all caps here. So each time you see "PEASANT, YES, YES" change it to "CUSTOM0, YES, YES" all the way down, and change "CHAINHLM, YES, YES" to "CUSTOM1, YES, YES" and so on for each of the units which use one of the above texture types. Make sure you don't miss any. That's it. The reason that you want to copy the abve folders and rename the copies is so you can still play the original unmodded eras which use files pointing to the old folders.

Good luck.

(And thanks to Lysander for identifying the problem and the solution way back when and Starkhorn for including the fix in his adding_new_faction_guide.pdf and BKB for clueing me in to the need to add PlateCav to the list)
    Last edited by Aenlic; 08-15-2005 at 02:24.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Post Re: Why does my Mod crash?

now i had this same problem and i tried this solution, and im pretty sure i logged in everything right.

changed to the custom names in the directory
    changed to the custom names in Gnome

but when i tried it again i got a message from Gnome saying: that Custom0 wasnt recognized in column 27 row 1 (even though the correct collum where they were edited is 48 and 27 is something like ammo)

What could have gone wrong with that.

i finnally found a temporary solution. To change all the images in Gnome to images that i knew that worked, Like LotHelm and stuff like that. Now the battles work but theyre graphics are messed up. (i get dieing graphics while the unit is marching to battle lol. And if i face another angle, they're marching, but i get the picture sideways of each unit marching.)

anybody have a clue
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Good question. Make sure that you're using all caps in the Gnome editor for the new unit folders. It may not seem like a big deal; but it is. Even though you can name the folders Custom0 and the files Custom0.bif; you must use caps in the proper column in the unit_prod file. So in Gnome, make absolutely sure that the lines read "CUSTOM0, YES, YES" and "CUSTOM1, YES, YES" etc, and not "Custom0" or something else. Leaving out a capital letter, or using the letter O instead of the number 0, or a missing comma in any of the statements you changed will cause it to crash when loading the file and give you the column row error statement. The column and row in the erroe message numbers aren't always equivalent to the columns and rows in an editot like Gnomes; but the file name should be correct, so locate the problem that way.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Howdy folks,

Getting a CTD when I am trying to HOST games in MP on Gamespy... all with a mod. I can join games just fine. Any ideas?

LA

I have found a few more errors and such as I have continued to mod the game...

First, for buildings, bif names are also used as the links to the descriptions and names texts for the building, and these names are case-sensitive. So, if your building info doesn't show up onscreen, check this out.

Also, there apparently can only be one building type with the TRADING_POST effect.

I also think I found the cause of the crash which occured whenever an Agent type was removed from the game. I noticed that the Heroes text referenced all the unit types from the units text when deciding which types were admissible for Heroes. The list of unit types appears to be hardcoded, and causes a crash if any are not present in the units text. It doesn't matter whether or not there is a Hero of a given type- every type in that hard list must be present in the units text. Apparently, the game is designed to initially activate the Heroes text right after the first AI-controlled castle appears, so this is what triggers the crash.

Finally, ruler numbers appear to not work properly for new factions. Instead, the game uses one of the entries in the startpos' prince list for the faction. The entries it uses differ depending upon the faction's place in the list.
    This bug also occurs for the Horde. To illustrate the bug, since it's hard to describe, here is a paste from the Medmod beta, where I have made notes for my own use (sanity).

SetStartLeader:: FN_HORDE 0 8 2 0 4 1 0 0 0 3 //1st entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_HUNGARIAN 10 8 3 4 4 1 2 1 5 1
    SetStartLeader:: FN_PAPIST 9 8 4 5 11 22 4 5 4 10
    SetStartLeader:: FN_SICILIAN 4 8 4 3 6 2 4 1 2 1

SetStartLeader:: FN_BULGARIAN 2 8 1 4 0 3 0 3 2 1 //1st entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_CUMAN 0 8 1 4 0 3 0 3 2 1 //1st entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_GENOESE 4 8 4 3 1 1 12 2 2 1 //3rd entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_LITHUANIAN 2 8 1 4 1 3 0 3 2 1 //3rd entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_OUTREMER 2 8 1 4 4 3 4 3 2 1 //3rd entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_PORTUGUESE 5 8 3 4 1 1 2 1 5 1 //3th entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_SCOTTISH 7 8 3 4 2 3 1 1 2 2 //6th entry used as ruler no.
    //SetStartLeader:: FN_SERBIAN 0 8 1 3 2 2 1 4 1 1 //6th entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_SWEDISH 7 8 3 4 2 1 2 3 5 1 //6th entry used as ruler no.
    SetStartLeader:: FN_TEUTONIC 3 8 2 3 2 3 3 1 2 1 //6th entry used as ruler no.

For the Swedes, their king would be "Hagar" the 3rd, while the Teuton Master would be the first with his name.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Adding Heroes to default_heroes.txt (or any custom heroes file)

CRASH :- the game loads fine,
    but crashes during the first turn when the AI is moving pieces around.
    (ALTERNATE - no-one has any names, they are all blanks!!)

Possible causes :-
    missing beginning or ending bracket,
    missing quotation marks,
    missing comma, - (data sperator OR end of line)

and my personal favourite - (always crashes)
    missing the numeral from a vice or virtue,
    ie: affable as a virtue when it should be affable1, affable2 or affable3.

now it is simply too much work to check every entry loading the game for each, one by one by one....
    (especially when you are adding 5000 entries like we are for Sam Warlords)
    SO
    group them by clan/faction,
    then split them into groups of TEN

add the ENTIRE faction in one hit,

load the game, run a couple of turns,
    if all is good move on to the next faction,

if it crashes simply delete the last ten men from that faction,
    reload and retest,
    continue deleting until you identify which group of ten crashes the game and then examine that group very carefully. (fix the error)
    reload and retest,
    if all ok then add back ALL the men you deleted, test again
    (and move on if all ok)

Cheers
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Strange ctd...

I've just added a Slav Horsemen (ALL_FACTIONS) unit from BKB Supermod to my XL mod and all seems to be fine when I play it on custom battle mode or when I play a battle within a golden horde campaign.
    But when playing a campaign with any other faction if the slav horsemen are present the battle bar loads to 80% and then a ctd occurs.

clues: I have renamed the Pestucav.bif and the Pestucav_H.bif files to LarmWCav.bif and LarmWCav_H.bif and placed themb in the original LarmWCav folder (unused on MTWXL mod)
    all unit prod.txt are correct ("LARMWCAV, YES, YES, LiHorse")
    actions page files are correct
    items files are correct
    unit icon.lbm loads correctly (at least on custom battle or when playing the GH)

i JUST DON'T GET IT..........

I've found it! the problem may be related to the fac shield folder, the game seems to assign a fac shield to any unit using the non-custom bif files so I added the fac shields back replacing the original fac shields with totally transparent pink tga's, (with the originals a weird shield appears on top of the unit's weapons) and the slavhorsemen worked fine for the mtw_vi original factions (factions that use the fac shield files) ie. Polish but keep on crashing with the cumans or other modded factions. (still I don't understand why it worked fine with the mongols)
    now I understand why Viking Horde left the LarmWCav files unused since it is sort of hardcode link to the fac shields
    only two solutions:
    1.make available the unit only for the original factions.
    2.use another texture folder.

I4m not sure this the good place to post, but anyway can be usuefull for mod making, if it's relataed to mods.

I posted a topic on p&m forum, cause i thougth firstly is was related to the mod... a graphic probleme.

a part of my topic:

well i' don't understand anything... if someone know something, please tell me

So ihave two installed versions of MTw, each one for a different mod

the first one, with ntw, is working fine,

the second one, i tried a bunch of mod on it,like pke and muskets, mtw xl, bKb, samurai warlords...

only samurai warlords worked!

of course, after triyng a mod, i did new fresh instalation of mtw vi, with version required for the mod i'm trying (fortunatly all of theim are for VI 2,01)

i also tried changing drivers of my graphic card. it change nothing.
    i know there is some issues with nvidia card, but, if it's not working on theim, why is it working with ntw???

it's really, really strange...

Oh, i realised i forgot to explain when it's crashing^^

it's crashing when :
    starting a french campaign, the game load, i see the map for less than a second and it crash. (for p&m bkb and mtw xl)
    starting a scot one for bkb and mtw xl : it crash after succefull built of a building, didn't remenber witch one, when i got to the region who got it.
    for all countires : when i zoom on campaign map
    Last edited by Trotski12; 06-23-2008 at 12:28.

Hi I'm making a mod for vi and every time i click on the mtw icon on my desktop, the logo appears then a box comes up saying "row 2 column 20 faction not recognised FN_EGYPTIAN" or something like that. I only have 8 factions in my mod and egypt is not one of them. I have searched the startpos files, the heroes files, the region and faction specific files, the startops files, the unit and build prod files and the word FN_EGYPTIAN is not in them. Could someone please help me because if i can get this mod to work it will be really good. Please because ive worked for months on this...

MON UNITED!

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Eh, this one's a tough one.

Are you absolutely sure that there is no FN_EGYPTIAN line in any of those files? If not, open each one of the text files you've mentioned in Notepad and hit ctrl+F and type in FN_EGYPTIAN in the box and hit enter. Do this to each of the text files and only when it returns nothing can you deem it free of this line.
    Sorry I got a bit larger-than-life there, if nothing turns up, then re-post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Yeah i know that's what i did - find FN_EGYPTIAN and there was none.

MON UNITED!

Hi!

I am still stuck on this version of MTW and don't really want to move to later versions yet. I have been working on a mod that, after looking through the projects completed by members here, is a very simple mod, but it's driving me nuts and I would sure appreciate some help.

My simple mod is incorporating the Viking Expansion factions with the original MTW factions, placing each on only their home provence with some choice buildings, and let them have at.

I have read something about a "gnome editor" -- I have surfed, but can't find one. I have been doing okay with just a text editor, though, but if someone has a link or download for me to get that thing, I'd appreciate it. It may come in handy.

So, I started by putting the following existing MTW Early/High factions on only their home provences: Danish, Germans, English, Italians, Burgundians, Swiss, Spanish, Aragonese, Golden Horde, Byzantines, Almohods, Poilsh, Hungarians, French, Papacy, Novgorod, so forth. Then, I added the Scots from the Viking expansion and put them on Scotland. Okay, had a small glitch; every time a piece from that faction came into view, voila, CTD. I solved that problem by doing some copying of files, and I'm not sure what I copied where, but I just got lucky.

Then, I went to add the Vikings. (I know, I know, they became danes later in real history, but who's talking real history here!) Same problem. Viking pieces come into view and I crash to desktop. I have no other files to copy.

How do i fix this?

My next questions is: With the Scots, I sometimes CTD when going into battle mode. Now, I did read a guide about modding from someone here; something about Peasant to Custom0, etc; The problem is, I don't have the Gnome editor, and each time I attempt to do so with a text editor, I get error messages. (And I've been working on this for quite a while and have a background in computers, so I do understand "tab deliminator files" but it happens in spite of my care). So, the Gnome editor could come in handy to complete this project and hopefully solve that problem but I don't have one. Any suggestions on how to repair THAT problem if I can't find the Gnome?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Welcome OldMan!

I believe it would've been best for you to start a new thread. This is quite an old one, dating back many years.... HA! But I'm still here, the same Raz from three posts up.

Okay, to be honest, my modding experience is too rusty for this; I haven't even started up MTW in more than 11 months. But I'm going to do my best.

You can acquire GnomeEditor from the Mizus server, here.

Check for the file named:
    Gnome_UnitBuildProj_Editorv2.0.zip

The server seems to be falling (even more so) into disregard and I can't be certain of the server's future. I think that it's also available for download ... scratch that I thought it was available on the org's own server but it seems that it isn't actually hosted here at all --- That is, the Mizus server is the ONLY place that still has the tool available to download.

It's all pretty self-explanatory to use (for a mostly computer savvy person).

Notes about it's use (coming from a user of the program):
    • It can be used to edit unit_prod.txt files, building_prod.txt files and projectilestats.txt files.
    • Occasionally, seemingly at random, when you save the edited file in GnomeEditor, the program will add a whole load of blank spaces after the entries in the text file. See the below example for a horrible example on the matter.

Example:
    Code:
    {unit/building/projectile data}
    (what would normally be the end of the text file... but then...)

(blank space added by GnomeEditor for some reason, known to sometimes be the source of crashes/errors)
    [more to come, sorry I'm a bit tired and need to think about this... this whole message might not seem even half-coherent.]
    Last edited by Raz; 11-21-2010 at 13:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Thanks, Raz. I got the gnome and I started a new thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123