Thread: An idea for multiplayer

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

I know its a bit late for changes but i have a idea for the priceing and addition of weapon and armour points to an army.

Instead of Wepon and armour points being given as a price based on the cost of the unit, why not invest a large amount of money and have the entire army gain an upgrade.

Like this: In campaign mode you make a swordsmith for 600 Koku. This makes all your units have one point higher weaponry. Why not use this formula:

600 + (N times 2)

So, if you have 1000 troops, it whould cost you 2600 Koku to increase the entire armys attack one point. Now apply the formula to the later famour and legendary building costs + (Number of troops times 2)

This whould represent the costs of building the swordsmith and the realistic cost of arming each man with the weaponry.

OR better yet (I JUST had this idea). Select the troops you want to upgrade after putting in the innitial investment of 600 koku. You then add troops total number times 1-2 (up to you guys on what whould be better) as the rest of the cost.

SO say you invest enough money into the 'buildings' to get two upgrades. You then select 600 of your men to recieve the upgrade of 2 attack.

THis whould cost: 1200 + 1200 = 2400 Koku, regardless of unit type.

Its just an idea, but I really like it. Hows it sound to you guys?

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength."- Shang-ji Yang, essays on mind and matter.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang

But then you could make whole armies that are on your borders that look like being over-run more powerful very quickly. This is A not particularly realistic (you'd need time to train and adjust to new armour etc.) and B would take away the excitement of having to defend with inferior troops against a large army. The game's easy enough as it is.

Nice idea though

------------------
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]

I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    ROFL..Zone does not rest [MIZILUS]
    I don't play to win... I play not to lose ;)
    Thx whoever made the smilies work :D but now they don't again...
    1BC Civ3 forums

Member Member Katasaki Hirojima's Avatar

Uhm.. ^^; chould you repeat that please..?
    The only thing I understood was that it whouldn't be realistic.

Well..yes, it whould take time to adjust ot that armour, but it also takes time to train units in the first place. Time is NOT a factor when it comes to Multiplayer. It takes a LONG time to train Ninja and Kensai yet that makes no diffrence in Multiplayer. They cost exactly the same. And who says it'd make it easier? It'd just make the game more subtle, ecspecially in low koku games.

Think about it, theres really no point in adding attack as it stands because for the money you spend on two attack points you chould get a point of honour, which is far more valuable. Armour is almost worth the koku it costs though.

In my representation, while it costs 2 koku to arm each man, it'd cost 4 koku to give each man armour. THats alota koku if you try and equip 600 troops with 1 point of armour.

Thus you have more factors in play then as it stands now. It whould make the gmaem ore complex and interesting I think.

"Do I spend the extra Koku to get armour or go with weapons? On what troops? What about honour?"

As of now the awnser is almost always pump up the honour until it won't go no higher then if theres some spare koku lyeing around, put it into a couple weapon points.

------------------
    "I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength."- Shang-ji Yang, essays on mind and matter.
    I maintain none the less that Yin-Yang Dualism can be overcome. With sufficent enlightment, we can give substance to any distinction: Mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Renember, enlightment is a function of will power, not of physical strength.- Shang-ji Yang