Thread: cav. inf. misl.

|OCS|Virus

okay, here is my question. what kind of combo do you like to make your units out of? do you like a lot of med. hev. and light cav. or do you like a lot of heavily armoured infintry? Latley I have been fidaling w\ the notion of having all short swords w\ shield and having 2 or 3 units of cav to clean up what I miss.

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

well when i play in the eastern part of the map i usualy use lots of light cav and inf with sword..in the west i use pikes and heavy cav..i dont use alot of archers except when i play with the byz and the turks trebezond archers and hybrid archers for the turks

Amir of the office desk Member Cebei's Avatar

I use lots of horse archers. Without horse archers I cant use my favorite tactic:attrition. Without them, I try to build as much swiss armored pikemen as possible.

Or for early TUrks, I dont use any foot soldiers. %50 Turcoman horse and Armenian HC. Turcomans (usually most horse archers are) are ideal for splitting-isolating and surrounding. They take advantage of impetuous units as well.
    When the game ends, peon and king go into the same box.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

That depends on which faction I play with...

Central Catholics and Almohads, I go for heavy troops. Heavy cav and heavy infantry. Brits I go for bows, light cav and anti cav. Danes, shocktroops and the Hungarians heavy and light cav backed up by light inf (yeah ok so that is Persian, so what? ). Turks is basically only light cav and bow inf (turcomans of both types and futs).
    The Byzantines are the only ones I mix rather good, with a tendency to go for heavy inf and heavy cav.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

I usually have problems attacking as the English... I favour 4 to 6 units of longbows, 4 to 6 units of spears and 4 units of heavy cavalry. In general, I don't use swordsmen until well into the game, as I rush to upgrade my spears, bows and horse first. This is especially because I have to contend with the problem of my lands being split in the Early Period, and so have to spend extra turns getting strong supply lines to join my kingdom.