Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: King of Poland

Senior Member Senior Member shand994's Avatar

As many of you may have seen, the Reign of English Kings ended in a civil war disaster.
    Myself and Dramicus, have decided to start a new campaign as the Polish. Same deal as before. So whoever wants to be a king list you name now.

" 'I freed you, and this is your gratitude?'
    'You delivered pain. Unacceptable. I am not one to feel pain. I only deliver it.'"

Upon the Altar of Gods, awaiting a worthy warrior...

lol, I just smiled for some reason when I saw the title...

King of Poland.... has a nice ring to it...

Well, Im in, dont really care when I get it, as long as its no too late in the game...

hehe, I wont mess it up.. I promise
    Repent For tomorrow you die -Battlecry of the Dark Angels

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Me in too. jim@jimcee.com

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

I'd be intrested. Though most of my experince is with teh english. agentabe@yahoo.com
    All you can do is pray for a quick death... which you ain't gonna get -Mr. Blonde

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

I'd be very interested. I've never played the Poles but I intend to make my reign a glorious one. What level of difficulty will we be playing?

The address is:
    removethispart.kjartan@stofanet.dk

Delete the removethispart at the beginning of the adress please.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Sounds fun; I'm in - simon.appleton@nottingham.ac.uk

BTW, Shand - just based on the experience with the King of England, I think you should consider setting up a few ground rules.

First, I'd recommend someone takes responsibility for keeping the show moving, as Demon of Light has done with the King of England thread. Shand, as the instigator of this thread, is the obvious candidate but it will require fairly sustained involvement. I would recommend adopting a benevolent dictator role - trying to work by unanimity or by committee is not worth it for a bit of fun like this.

Second, participants need to have the right kit to take part ie a patched version of the game, winzip and an e-mail account capable of receiving and sending 1.5MB saves.

Third, participants should undertake to write-up an account of their reign, pass on the save game after finishing and take a screenshot.

Fourth, some time limits are probably required to maintain momentum. I would recommend that people must acknowledge receipt of save games within 48 hours. Playing later games can take a long time (eg if your empire covers most of the map and you manually fight battles for long wars). Nonetheless, to avoid hold-ups, I would say players should post an account every 3 days from receipt of the save game. It need not be an end-of-reign account but should be interesting for others to read.

We can be forgiving with the above rules - eg if there are problems (sickness, work or family commitments, tech glitches etc), people can have their reigns deferred until the problem are resolved, but the show should go on or the thread will lose momentum.

Wheee. I want in.

Probably better to use this email account:

jmoler@cinci.rr.com

I agree with Simon Appleton about the writeups. Looks like at the end of the Kings of England thread, with everything degenerating and such, there was a lot less actual writing, which is what these campaigns are all about.

I agree with Simon's conditions, and add 1 recommendation: save your game and take a screenshot at least every 5 years/turns during your reign, in case something goes wrong. This will also assist in your write-ups, which should come often.

I have web-space available to host screenshots/mini-maps. Feel free to email me for that assist. jim@jimcee.com

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

There is at least one mistake I made that cluttered King of England horribly. Every time there was a problem with compatability or e-mails or whatever, I tried to solve it on the main thread. The end result was that entire pages ended up being consumed with technical advice or attempts to diagnose the nature of the problem. In retrospect, I should have been coordinating the solution of these problems either on a different thread or via e-mail. I would suggest that, as problems arise, you direct the discussion of the problems to a new thread and provide a link. Once all concerned parties are accounted for on the other thread, you can delete the now extraneous post from the main thread.

One thing I would avoid, however, is the creation of a new thead dedicated to technical issues and questions. What I saw when Grothgar try this on his online campaign was that people started treating the two threads as though they were interchangeable. The result was that in character (IC)posts were appearing on the technical thread and technical gamelpay issues appeared on the main thread. Solve each problem as it arises but don't solve it here.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

so, errm..

in essence we should delete all of these posts, right?....

I'm in, again.
    Doge Enrico II, Ruler of the United Italia

Put me on the list.

chilling@blueyonder.co.uk

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

OK, i think we should try and stick to the guidelines listed above.

I will keep a list of who is next, and will record when people get the game for their reign and will track the length each person takes to pass it on, if it starts to take too long will enquire as to the progress, if no replly or reasonable response is give we'll pass it on to the next in line.

Name Email
    Dramicus
    Kukrikhan jim@jimcee.com
    LeeJackson agentabe@yahoo.com
    cazbol
    Simon Appleton simon.appleton@nottingham.ac.uk
    Striker jmoler@cinci.rr.com
    doge Enrico ii
    chilling chilling@blueyonder.co.uk
    alrowen the_smphill@hotmail.com

this is the list so far, if your email isnt listed please post it so i know where to have it sent to.

'You delivered pain. Unacceptable. I am not one to feel pain. I only deliver it.'"

actually, ive thought about it and I guess Ill just sit back and watch, so you can take me off of the list

(what ever relief that may give you... )

Count me in. Xoxic@Yahoo.com.au

Talking

I'll be in it
    wireworks@bigpond.com

So when the king dies the saved file is pasted on to the next person yeah?
    Proud member of the Ravens

I have an X-Box, it's where I keep all my x-girlfriends

Yes. Along with the dead king posting an account of his reign and a screenshot or two.

Sounds good to me

I had an idea about mixing board games with MTW as well. Use Risk and instead of dice duke it out in MTW possibly with the Nepoleonic mod. That would be a bit of fun.

So how many players do you usually use in something like this or do you just recycle.
    Proud member of the Ravens

I have an X-Box, it's where I keep all my x-girlfriends

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

There have only been two threads like this that I know of. This one and King of England. This one hasn't started yet and King of England isn't finished yet. That makes it impossible to ascertain how many people are needed. I'll guess 8 or 9 though since most everything was conquered in King of England by the 7th monarch.

The recycling issue: there seems to be alot of recycling going on. Shand is the current King of England AND Poland. Striker is on both lists and Simon Appleton, Chilling, and KukriKhan were all previously Kings of England. I'm especially happy to see Alrowan here as his English reign was extremely successful by anyone's standards. Herodotus deserves to be singled out here as it was his idea to start King of England in the first place. Apprpriately enough, he signed up here too.

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

I have started the Poland campaign, will have it done by Sunday and will pass it on to the next in line. Also I will have to Engald campaign ready to pass on, Sorry for the length of time ive taken but I am not at home at the moment and will be getting back on Sunday(tomorrow)
    will finalise it all then email it on monday.

Talking

cool
    All you can do is pray for a quick death... which you ain't gonna get -Mr. Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (shand994 @ Mar. 28 2003,18:58)]I am not at home at the moment and will be getting back on Sunday(tomorrow)
    will finalise it all then email it on monday.
    Heh, Aussie's...always a day early and a dollar...ummm

to the good?

This is one of the two factions I have never played. Frankly, the situation the Poles are in is frightening

Count me in

I resolve to reign longer than 4 years this time

lomowjg@telus.net
    Ja-mata TosaInu

OK my reign lasted until 1101. Not much happened in my reign, i basically set out to give my heir a basis to expand upon. I conquered a few of the rebel territories around, and tried to build up a few income generating provinces. I allied myself with most of the Christian nations, and refused all Muslim requests(thats just my policy). Due to not having to many provinces not many battles took place, mainly against rebels. Whoever is the next king has some good battle vices, as i used him as my frontline general. Will post screenshots later on.

Who gets it next?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LeeJackson @ Mar. 30 2003,21:53)]Who gets it next?
    Kukri Khan is netxt, i emailed it to him this morning, I believe you are netxt after his reign has ended

file received. Playing as we 'speak'. Update soon.

Woo Hoo.

How many polish kings does it take to conqure the world?

Guess we will find out

Im not sure, its a difficult faction to play as you dont have many provinces to start with and not to many elite units.
    I continued to play the campaign after i died, im half way throuh the high period adn have conquered most of the provinces surrounding poland, sweden, and have just launched an invasion against the germans, theyre being sandwched between myself and france, its between poland and france to get the scraps of the empire,
    PLayin as the polish is all about timing, dont declare war on other nations until you're in a very dominant position as you cant afford to lose. you need all the allies you can get at the start of the game, and need to build up expand, consolidate build up some more expand.

just some handy tips.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast