Thread: Answering an old question about No-Dachi

In the archives are 2 or 3 versions of the same question - how many "kills" does it take to get the legendary swordsman event so that you can build No-Dachi. Well, I have had the answer for the longest time, and never realized it. Its in the Strat guide for Shogun:TW - and it states that a legendary swordsman event is triggered when a samurai (not an ashi) reaches Honor 2. Note - this is regarding any samurai in any infantry (does not appear to account for cav) unit that reaches a PERSONAL honor of rank 2. So there ya have it.
    Hope this helps those who may have still been wondering.
    Qapla!
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Quote Originally posted by BSM_Skkzarg:
    In the archives are 2 or 3 versions of the same question - how many "kills" does it take to get the legendary swordsman event so that you can build No-Dachi. Well, I have had the answer for the longest time, and never realized it. Its in the Strat guide for Shogun:TW - and it states that a legendary swordsman event is triggered when a samurai (not an ashi) reaches Honor 2. Note - this is regarding any samurai in any infantry (does not appear to account for cav) unit that reaches a PERSONAL honor of rank 2. So there ya have it.
    Hope this helps those who may have still been wondering.
    Qapla!
    [/QUOTE]

BSM, BSM, I have a sinking feeling that the stat guide might be wrong (well, most of those "official" guides are).

I think it should be "gaining" 2 additional honor instead of "reaching" honor 2.

Just try to start a campaign, doing nothing but to build legendary archery dojo. And see if you can get the legendary event the moment you produce a SA unit from that legendary archery dojo.

My guess is

NO

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 01-10-2002).]
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Gothmog - your correct and tis a good point- and I should have stated it clearer - the event is triggered when a samurai gains a total of 2 honor points - thru kills in combat.

Note - it is fair to say that in all my experience - this has not happened with archer units - so it would require 2 steps in honor thru h2h kills.

This also explains why you ALWAYS get the Legendary swordsman event if you kill the Diamyo with a honor 0 Yari sam.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"