Thread: Newbie question re mines

It seems to me that I need a fortress before I can build a mine complex. Is this so, if so why?
    Poor, deluded, PC Gamer fool - it is I who is the rightful King of Spain!

It is correct. To build a mine requires no other buildings. However, a mine complex is a large, complicates system of diggings. Thus, the level of technology reached in the province must be sufficient to support such a complex. Think of it like this - you need a Large Castle to build a famous Dojo - just because of the technological, room and fame aspects. Same thing goes for mine complexes.

It makes sense. Heck, for nothing else, figure that a mine complex requires a certain level of MANAGEMENT, as all those peasants it puts to work would slack off under a management system of lesser status and ability than one provided by a fortress.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Thanks, I thought that would be the reason. Just thought I would ask as it was under the "Castle not required" section.

I've noticed something else (at least I think so, I've not checked too closely yet).
    Some areas that have had mines are still giving mine income after the mine icon disappears, presumably due to combat in the province.
    Poor, deluded, PC Gamer fool - it is I who is the rightful King of Spain!