Thread: Mixing Units

Sorry if these are old questions...

If I have two depleted units of the same trooptype, I can stick them together to make a larger unit. The game allows me to mix units of slightly different honours, occasionally the new unit will read the higher honour, occasionally the lower of the two.

Does the game remember the honour of each soldier? Should I be careful about mixing, if so what are the general rules?

Thanks,
    Motor
    Poor, deluded, PC Gamer fool - it is I who is the rightful King of Spain!

Motor,

Yes - the game tracks the honor and # of kills for every man. Read the battlestat txt file sometime and u will see what all is remembered - its quite a bit. Thus, adding 20 honor 0 men to a honor 4 unit will drag the unit honor down to H3 or H2 even. General rule of thumb - try to keep your depleted troops handy - since they have been in battle they likely have a few kills, so even if they are lower in honor they are still nearer to the next "step" than men from an unblooded unit. Combine depleted troops with other weakened units first, rather than h0 men with veteran groups. Also, try retraining the units (if you have WE/MI), especially at upgraded dojo's and where armor/weapon upgrades are available as well.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Thanks, that all makes sense. And I won't "spam" the forum by posting yet another noobquery about retraining (definitely a manual deficiency there!)

But I notice there is the option to disband units....

When would I use this? To disband depleted units that have lost battles, I guess, anytime else?

TIA Motor

Okie - as for retraining, thats answered about 20x in other threads - plz search the archive cuz its alot of typing and I am a lazy bum.

Now - disbanding units. There are a couple of reasons one would do this - first if you have a unit (specifically - a general) that loses a couple of battles and survives - and thus is at rank -2. This means that his army has a -1 to their honor. Ditch the tactical numbskull by disbanding his unit.

The other reason is when, in the midgame, you have inferior troops (ashi's usually) that are sucking up maintenance when harvest comes around. You can disband these units to make sure you have enough koku to retrain/train and build the quality troops and buildings you need. Its also useful in late game situations when you have groups of troops sitting around deep in your empire that you don't need - disband em and save money.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"