Thread: Am I missing something?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Being one who hasn't got his spending strategy sorted out yet - I order all the buildings and worry about the koku later - I've noticed something that has been bugging me a litte.

Whenever I click on the Build options, I lose the pictures of what is already built in that region. It's quite a pain when I am doing a building "tour".

Is there a way around this?

Poor, deluded, PC Gamer fool - it is I who is the rightful King of Spain!

No - there is not unfortunately. However, since the "build list" is based on what you already have (IE upgrades to buildings, etc) the only real use of having that shown is to show how many building slots you have left. While I am one to "max out" certain provinces, you must also recall that you won't max out every province, but "speciality max" certain ones. For instance, I usually max Shinano as a troop maker - Legendary Palace, Armory & Swordsmith, Legendary dojos for archers, horses, spears, Swords and temples for Monks. In addition, I often pack in a BN dojo. You can "shuffle" buildings to get the ones you want in the province. For instance, remember you need a tranquil garden to build a temple - OR to upgrade it. So get up to a legendary temple - then scrap the garden and free up the slot. Your Legendary temple will remain. Same thing for BN - they require lots of buildings to get - but their prerequisite buildings can be demolished once the BN dojo is completed.

Mushashi maxed is where I get me gun factory (since it requires a port and trading post to build) muskets and also where most of my Nagi are created. I often make my BN/Kensai train there as well. Train archers south of Shinano (horse province)at a legendary dojo as they pop out at honor 3 (or 4+ with a skilled general) which you should immediately move north and retrain (for the armor and morale bonus).

Use a near-frontline province for your maxed out Ninjas/Geisha and Shinobi so they don't take as long getting to their assignments.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Thanks, I didn't know there was a building limit - but that explains a few things! So I've learnt something anyway.
    Poor, deluded, PC Gamer fool - it is I who is the rightful King of Spain!

Well, with a port in the province, you can transfer troops at ease. And you can ship troops for training/upgrading without too much hassles. Not to mention the nice koku output that comes with it.

The only downside of having many ports in your territory is that there is a risk of port invasion. But as I mentioned before, prevending AI's port invasion is ridiculously easy.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.