Thread: Forgeries

Isnt it about time that people grew up?

9 months ago we were getting people making fake " 1dread1" and "1master1" names.Now we are getting it again. Other clans are having the same problem as us aswell now.

We know who it was last time and I believe they got banned. Correct me if I am wrong.
    I know there is little that can be done here and even at the .com site.
    99% of people come on here to play a fantastic game and the small minority have to try to ruin the image, community and clans.
    We think we know who this person is but of course on here won't mention the name.
    Talking reason to them doesnt make any difference. What they need is a good hard smack with a baseball bat as that is all they will understand.( I know thats bad to say but true and I dont condone violence)
    So for the record I will list fake Dreadmaster names so u know they are a forgery.

1dread1 Milky
    1dread1 Clone

I know of other fake clan names that belong to other clans but will not list them in case of any mistakes.

I like to think our clan is respectul to all others in the community, even those whose are destructive, stupid and immature. I didnt really think it is too much to ask to get the same in return.

This person or people must be banned.

Thank you

Boromir

Dreadmaster Clan

veneratio fidelis cupiditas

Maybe it would be a good idea to inform clans of those ppl invloved?

------------------

Clan Kenchikuka

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Thanks for no names, but it would be even better if you also gave a list of all true members of dread.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Gentleman (and Ladies),

Having been a part of a number of large, respected communities of online gaming - allow me add my 2 koku worth.

As a member of the BSM, and having moved from forum to forum (due to heat.net and Mplayer.com shutting down) I have found that if a large enough portion of the community views such people as disreputable, and the community majority agrees not to give these types the pleasure of a game, what you end up with is a small group of angry, disgruntled, immature ppl that wanted to ruin your fun and instead find that they are ignored and irrelevant. This angers them, they get (more) abusive - until they figure out that it doesnt help - and that they can't have any fun. They then move on to another community in the hopes that someone there will pay attention to their pitiful persona so that they can ruin another community in the name of "fun".

My suggestion - the senior members of each "clan" should get together, agree that such ppl are beneath the communities attention, and instruct their members to ignore these folks. If done, the idiots will seek their "fun" somewhere else.

It has worked for the BSM in Heat.net, Mplayer.com and now on GSA many times. Having been around 3+ years, we have been forced to do so a good many times - but its well worth it to keep the community fun and healthy.
    Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Got my vote!

------------------

Clan Kenchikuka

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

hhhhhmmmmm I do hate it when stupid people do things like this. Do they thinks its funny?

But Dread Clan I erge you don't start a stupid rivalry. Follow the pah I did earlier. Become ZEN it gives you spiritual harmony.

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

Good points all.

TODA: I will not start a rivalry, because the person/people concerned are too dimwitted to be worth my valuable time. I have learnt not to waste time on such insignificant people. It needed to be mentioned though. I'm giving it air time now which I am sure the miserable toad is enjoying seing him talked about.

SHIRO:
    Here is a list of Dreadmaster Members

1Dread1Boromir
    1Dread1Star
    1Dread1Lahll
    1Dread1Icey
    1Dread1Taito
    1Dread1Macajor
    1Dread1Buck
    1Dread1Piqua
    1Dread1Buntaro
    There are master members aswell but we have no imposters there yet.
    Visit our site. Icey has put lots of work on it and Its always active (plug plug)

I think the daimyos of each worthy clan should be in contact Elite, Aggony, Dread, CA, Lrossa, Euro, Aku, Kenchi etc.( sure I Must have forgotten one or two, please dont be offended)

Boromir...

sad to hear m8. . why do it. . . just sad!

oh and i am deeply offended as is my clan when i passed on the news . .we were all sobbing and a crying!

*messing*

------------------
    Lets rain bullets on them. . but make sure you bring the Umberella!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Blog Entries

i personla think,

dont speak about or with them.
    show no reaction, what we do now here is exactly what they want.

koc

Boromir,

You also need the family name for names to be unique in your list. Vets know what's going on, but new people are probably not aware of the "name game" that is conducted by some for the purpose of having "fun" at other people's expense. New people are going to get burned before they catch on to it and build up a list of players that they know to be worth interacting with. Some of these newbies will quit long before they make their list since it takes a lot of effort.

Because of this multiple name "feature", I approach every new name with caution. Ignoring disruptive and bad tempered players is really all you can do other than quit yourself. Distrust is actually helpful in a place like the Shogun foyer, but, since there are not many players online, you can sit for a long time without a game. Or you can chance it, if you don't mind having a bad experience some of the time.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Guys Magy's Cham has a solution to this on the MTW forum part. About instead of family names, clan names. I'll let you read it. I added a bit saying this would be an even better idea if the clan names had a password made by the Daimyo.

No more fake prefixes, just legit clan names.

Another question, does Target work for CA cuz that is his homepage. Can we like notify him or someone else about this. It would be a great solution to SIR Boromir's problem.

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"