Thread: Registration Help

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Does anyone know of Registration problems and setting up your "character" problems with EA?

We are trying to get ShinCliff back online (he just got WE) and he can't get registered. He goes to the sign in process, gives name, CD key, picks password ... hits submit, then "boom" he's kicked back to square one, original registration page.

Worse, he tries to register with same "online name" but it says name is already taken -- so we think "okay his reg. data went."

So then we try to login with this name (we know the PW is correct), but it says that the password isn't associated with his "online name."

So then we register with a different name and try whole thing again. We've gone through this process 5 times. We are up to ShinCliff9 (doing ShinCliff1-8) same friggin password each time, but new name in case it did log the last one we tried.

Any suggestions?

I must say this Reg. process (regardless of any mistakes we might be making) sucks. It is too damn difficult and buggy. It seems a wonder that anyone is able to play online. And I have no idea how "kids" would be able to register without assistance.

----
    errr um ooopss... i just realized this should probably get transferred to the tech sections...

[This message has been edited by shingenmitch2 (edited 01-16-2002).]
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

I just checked, and none of those names are registered on WE/MI. You are doing this from within the game right? Registering with EA then continuing to the WE/MI online name creation, and choosing the right clan and clan password?

Registration was recently down for about 2 weeks, but I thought it was working now.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

hi mitch,

the reg process is two-fold. you have to register as an EA member and then register whatever game yer wanting to play. you may also have an invalid cd key #. it's not really invalid; EA just didnt put some of them in the database. you may have to call them to get it set up. and yes, it's a cumbersome process and wasnt all that clear to me to. managed to muddle thru it, but dont ask me how.

K.

------------------
    The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I think we're having trouble with the first EA registration... and because of that the STW WE registration won't recognize us. The big problem with that first reg. is that it there is no feed back. We hit 'submit' and then the very first webform screen reappears. No error message, but no "welcome new member" either.

I'll try to see what happens today. If this requires a phone call, then they've better rethink their process or rework the stupid form.
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN