Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

OK, here's my question; does anyone in in what files the Sherwood Foresters and Welsh Bandits are set so that they can hide in the open? It does not seem to work when I create a new unit as a copy of Sherwood Foresters.
    That darn beagle

Question

I have a few things that i would like some clarity in.

1. I have downloaded and unpacked the STW for MTW, great mod, love all the new clans, my best regards to the ones who are working on it. However, there are no edited "event pictures" for the campaign map events. The thing is i was planning to make my own to, lift up the gaming experience so to say, heh. The question, were the heck() do i find those pictures so that i can edit them? I just cant find them.

2. Is it a complete waste of time to retouche a unit-*.bif with only Adobe PS7? I've been working on a remake of the Negro spearmen to remake this into a Samurai, now i'm wondering, since it's taking disgustingly amounts of time, if i'm better of learning some simple shareware 3d program to work with instead?

Not even the "Hi-res" are exactly hi-res if you know what i mean, so the nitpicky details might better be scrapped for speeding up the process.
    Blablabla, etc.

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

OK, this is my first post, but, can someone send me their Crusaderprod_unit11 file, or whatever it's called? Mine is all screwed up and I need someone to send me theirs. Send it to caporegime1984@aol.com . Thanks in advance
    -Caporegime

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Saxit @ Feb. 13 2004,09:44)]I made a new faction and now and then I get a CTD (usually the same year as I autosave, so that's probably it). All flags and units work, battle is no problem, I can't figure out why I get the CTD during on the campaign map though, it crashes right after it says "thinking".
    Anyone had any similiar experience?
    If I reload the autosave it will crash again, however, if I take a previous manual save and load it, it usually works fine and continues as normal.
    /Saxit
    Here is some info I think may help as it sounds like the probelm we all encountered on our first attempt at a new faction in VI, we were all getting the CTD's until this solution was found:
    New patron Lysander provided the following (new?) information on this issue in the Entrance Hall:

-----

ok, I have been having a lot of trouble adding a new faction (e.g., FN_FREE21 //Welsh )without a game crash; however, I have figured out the secret to this miserable little task...

Now, the problem was that game crashes occured as the newly defined faction left the campaign map for the battle map--oddly this crash would only occur with certain units (e.g., peasants, highland clansmen, kerns, etc.). I discovered that only those units which were culled from texture folders associated with face-shields caused the crash. Units drawn from texture folders which are not associated with face-shields (e.g., archers--which use the texture folder "Pestunic")do not cause a battle crash. Therefore newly defined factions, such as FN_FREE21 //WELSH, cannot utilize units which are drawn from the following bif texture folders, as they are associated with face-shields:
    "Peasant"
    "ChainHlm"
    "HlPlArSH"
    "LArmWCav"
    "MKnight"
    "MSHelm"
    "PlateS"
    Since Mtw/Vi can utilize 10 new customizable bif folders, the above texture folders can be copied and renamed "Custom0" through "Custom6" respectively--just make sure the bif images inside the folders are also renamed (e.g., Custom0_H.bif to replace Peasant_H.bif, etc.). After this, one only needs to open the CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 file and change the texture body type (e.g., from "Peasant" to "Custom0") for each unit that used the troublesome textures. Now new factions can use all available units without experiencing a crash-to-desktop on the battle map--although face-shields will not be used in the game.
    Yet, if one wishes to retain face-shields in the game then only those units which specificaly use face-shields should be drawn from the old texture folders and used only by the original factions. New factions must be denied access to those specific units. This is easily done if new factions are muslim or pagan, however loyalist revolts might unexpectedly add such units as feudal-men-at-arms or feudal sergeants to newly added catholic factions--therefore care must be taken if face-shields are included in a game with new factions.

Well, this system has worked well for me and as of this moment I have built a grand Welsh kingdom stretching across much of Europe. I have fought all the battles myself, and, although not all have been victories, I have yet to experiance a game crash.
    I hope this information can be of help to those intrested.

I hope this helps you...LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

Quote[/b] (BarkingBeagle @ Feb. 18 2004,16:55)]OK, here's my question; does anyone in in what files the Sherwood Foresters and Welsh Bandits are set so that they can hide in the open? It does not seem to work when I create a new unit as a copy of Sherwood Foresters.
    BB, The info for that is in the unit prod 11 files if you open it with gnome editor in column 18 you will see the unit class label string part of this label is "AMBUSH" this coupled with column 44 "is this unit invisible" should read YES are the settings that give the units the abilty to hide in the open...LOS

[QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] (HobbyGeneral @ Feb. 26 2004,12:40)]I have a few things that i would like some clarity in.

1. I have downloaded and unpacked the STW for MTW, great mod, love all the new clans, my best regards to the ones who are working on it. However, there are no edited "event pictures" for the campaign map events. The thing is i was planning to make my own to, lift up the gaming experience so to say, heh. The question, were the heck() do i find those pictures so that i can edit them? I just cant find them.

2. Is it a complete waste of time to retouche a unit-*.bif with only Adobe PS7? I've been working on a remake of the Negro spearmen to remake this into a Samurai, now i'm wondering, since it's taking disgustingly amounts of time, if i'm better of learning some simple shareware 3d program to work with instead?

Not even the "Hi-res" are exactly hi-res if you know what i mean, so the nitpicky details might better be scrapped for speeding up the process.

Quote[/b] (Caporegime1984 @ Mar. 12 2004,12:18)]OK, this is my first post, but, can someone send me their Crusaderprod_unit11 file, or whatever it's called? Mine is all screwed up and I need someone to send me theirs. Send it to caporegime1984@aol.com . Thanks in advance
    -Caporegime
    Welcome Capo, you have mail, you did not specify VI or reg MTW so I assumed VI if not let me know I will resend, you could also do a reinstall and that would give you fresh copy of the unit prod, or install to a dummy folder and copy from there, be sure to make back ups of all files before making changes...LOS

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Thank you, LOS.
    -Caporegime
    P.S. Heh, this is, how do you say, cute...

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

Unhappy

A little advice please. Im a Newbie modder In the middle of beta testing a mod i've been working on. All seems fine exept, three elite cavalry units I've created keep appearing as Royal bodygaurds out of era and for the wrong factions e.g Venetians get my Frankish Knechte, Novgorods get my Knights of the Banderium and the Turkish get knights of the Holy Sepulchra. Just wondering if there was a specific error that could be causing this or if its just a lost syntax error in the unitprodfile. Will I have to go back to the drawing board. (uuuggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
    Nomad.
    Do not despise the snake for having no horns,
    For who is to say, he will not become a Dragon.

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Ok this is my first post on this forum, I just have a quick question:

I’m currently implementing new campaign map castle pieces for the Middle Earth mod and have got them in and set their flag positions but am having trouble setting the Castle selector position:

In VI:
    “SetCastleSelectorPos:: 52 11 53 4 53 4 52 11 52 11”

apparently these have to be adjusted AND the extra settings in the .buf files. When I go to view the extra settings in the .buf I get “Extra info begins at 11075, 4 bytes total First Integer: 91” does anyone know how to adjust these extra settings and what affect they have on the castle selector position?

Cheers - Hoggy

It's ok I did a bit of rooting around and sorted so ignore the post above :)

Hey all,

2nd post, thanks in advance for your patience. I am new to Medieval Total War, I played STW for a long time and recently picked up MTW. I downloaded Med Mod 1.85 for the MTW version, no VI.

I read through the readme and as Poland your able to build Tutonic Knights. I have taken Prussia in my game but for the life of me I cant figure out what buildings I need to get these units.

Are they for crusades exclusively?

I couldnt download the med mod spreadsheet at Wes's site the link is down. I wasnt sure where to post this so I thought here would be a good start.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Odin
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Would editing the NAMES.TXT file then loading a previous campaign where there were errors cause the game to crash?

I've just had my first go at adding a new faction, the Portuguese, and everything was going fine until about 100 years in. I started getting crashes but could avoid it by removing units from all the build queues, though i can't find a reason for it to crash anyway.

Also is there a log file that is created during a crash?

thanks, its good to be here

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

Hi all , first I'd like to say wow I have been browsing your varies forums and the knowledge you all posses is profound. I am very intrested in learning a thing or two. I do have a request however , after seeing the potential this game actually has with modding and customizing a good friend and I grew very excited with the thought of actually seeing a child hood game we played transpire into a pc game, how ever the ability to actually make it work is beyond our abilities , so if any one can help us at all that would be great. We have no problems with some compensation. Oh and Lord of Storms we live in Tampa Bay Thanks All

Greetings jbluvchild, and Welcome fellow Floridian,
    Compensation is not neccessary you will find most of our resident Modders to be a friendlly and most helpful bunch,
    No self respecting modder and member of this community would ask for money to help out with a Mod.
    I would suggest you begin a topic stating your idea,
    and see what kind of response you get and if any interest is stirred up.
    I would be most happy to help you in any way I can,
    feel free to post here or use PM or mail me at ronin27k@aol.com anytime,
    I am curious to hear what your idea for a mod is about?
    ...LOS

thank you Lord for the warm welcome and to all for the great in put and effort every one has displayed in a most victories attempt in making the total war games that much more enjoyable , i will email you LOS so that you might have a understanding of what we would like to attempt any help would be much appreciated

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Can someone tell me what the latest version of LMM is and where to get it. I think I have an old version.

Hi,

Im new to this forum.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to increase unit size and how i might do it?

For example to make it so i have 400 Peasants per unit instead of 200.

Quote[/b] (Myrddraal @ Mar. 30 2004,06:03)]Can someone tell me what the latest version of LMM is and where to get it. I think I have an old version.
    You can look on the org's download page I know the only LMM versions we have are there, in the Beta section.
    Only a few versions were released, what version do you have?
    let me know what you find and I will try and help you out...LOS

Quote[/b] ]
    For example to make it so i have 400 Peasants per unit instead of 200.
    Can't be done. The game will CTD with anything more than 200 per unit.

Fury of the Northmen mod

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

Sorry to trouble you guys but I screwed up my Projectile.txt file without backing up
    If someone could send an Unmodded VI Projectiles.txt to me at Urukhai_Footsoldier@hotmail.com
    that would be great
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Unhappy

-
    Will somebody please see my thread?

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....t=16892

Thanks.
    _
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Two questions on Medieval:
    Is it possible to edit the units to display 'regiment names' on the battle map? Since the game tracks individual kills it should track individual units, and the rest is just a decorative font under the type of unit picture. The province name and the build order of the type of unit could be used to do this automatically- Wessex 1, Flanders 3 etc.

Can the supply of the land units be altered so that their cost is calculated in the same manner as the ships? The mechanism must exist, though it would be necessary to apply it to unbesieged castles, citadels and fortresses rather than ports. If this could be made to work offensives would cost more and the conquest of the entire map would be made more difficult.

Quick question:

You know how you can make the map go green in provinces over 100% loyalty, to help with large empires. Is there a way to change the loyalty level at which this occurs (e.g. I'd like it to only go green at about 180%)?

Cheers

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Hi all,

I'm new here and hope this is the right place to post this question....

I've looked around quite a bit but can't find any guide to making francland a playable province on the Viking map... I've wanted to do this for some time but don't know how.

I have some experience modding, as I've added a few factions, a few units, and tinkered with startpos and some basic stuff, but can someone help me with this?? I'm working on a Dark Age campaign, set in the time of the saxon invasions and the British resistance, and it would be fun to have francland available.. Many thanks in advance

Amogi, *brilliant* question by the way I hope it is possible to add supply costs

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    Until I learned that Francland doesn't really exist (except on the map texture), I had thought that the process of enabling Sahara could have been applied. (See the Repository for how to.) However, it must be possible.

You need to define the region on the real map (the LBM) and then declare the province, its attributes, borders etc.

Honestly, I would make Isle of Wight rather than Francland.

MedMod 4.0 will utilize a totally new map made from scratch. So will Fury of the Northmen mod. Contact WesW, Eastside Character, PseRamesses or any other involved modder for details.

Finally, welcome to the ORG.
    _
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome

Now, when you say "contact" those folks, do you mean "contact them about their mods" or "contact them with my question about adding Francland"?

And, how would I go about contacting them, other than scanning for their names and hijacking threads - something I don't want to do

I've got a lot of mileage out of Starkhorn's excellent Faction guide for VI -- is it too much to hope that there is some similar guide for making changes to the campaign map? Is there a repository of this knowledge sitting around somewhere I'm unaware of?

So many questions

Thanks for the reply

Howdy, i have a question. I'm thinking about building Olog-Hai units for METW and they need to be the size of a small elephant like the excellent ones Flip has done for HTW. Do I need to use multiple BIFs to make this larger unit or will it fit on one BIF page if i reduce the number of anims? Hope someone can help.

many thanks - hoggy

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Quote[/b] (amagi @ April 14 2004,12:22)]Two questions on Medieval:
    Is it possible to edit the units to display 'regiment names' on the battle map?
    No, no moddable mechanisim exists in game to allow this.

Quote[/b] (amagi @ April 14 2004,12:22)]Can the supply of the land units be altered so that their cost is calculated in the same manner as the ships?
    No, no moddable mechanisim exists in game to allow this.

much of the game mechanics are hard code,
    we dont have access to the code.

B.

The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast