Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to help?

Ive got the swiss up and running, but really want to make them able to crusade

Can this be done, and if so, how?

Many thanks

Mutineer
    Mutineer

Hello everybody, here is my question. Is it possible to trigger events for the campaign map? For example, if faction(A) can control 75% of the map can I use this as a trigger for a second neutral faction(B) to invade the lands under faction(A) control. I thought it could be similar to the mongol invasion in MTW. I was told this probably isn't possible but I should ask my question here just in case. Any thoughts?

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, Angainor and mutineer

To answer the first question, yes you can give the Swiss the ability to Crusade. Using Gnome Editor you should add in CRUSADERS_BUILD_PROD.TXT FN_SWISS to the factions that can build Chapter Houses. Then you add FN_SWISS to the factions that can train Crusades in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD.TXT.

About coding events. Nope, such things are hardcoded and we simply don't have the option to change that.

Cheers, Duke John

I am quite new to modding( and this forum), and I was wondering? Is it possible to change the campaign map( add new territories, divide up old ones, etc.)? And if it is, does anyone know how, or maybe you could direct me to a thread about this.
    When the Pope takes over half of Christian Europe in a malicious war-mongering campaign, you know that it is time to take it easy on the modding...

I know it possible. Although you can only add 8 new provinces. You need to download two files form The Org to make new maps Think one is called a LukMap generator can't remember the other one.

got a mod question..

im currently playing med mod..and am trying to change a few things in it and running into some problems.

land bridges.

in med mod wes broke the link between constantinope and nicea..and flanders and wessex..
    im trying to completely sever the connection to constantinople to asia minor by breaking the connection constantinople has to trebizond..and breaking maracco and granada to slow the wipe out the turks usually deal the byzantine and the spanish deal the almahods (or vise versa)

it seems wes removed the connecting province or regions from eachothers entry in the set_neighbors section and simply nullified the border information with a couple dashes //

anytime i atempt the above ..or try to modify the makebuildings or makeunit entries to much one of the following happen.

the new version of the mod simply disapears from the selection list.

or..the camp loads with no buildings built and the only unit for each faction on the map is the king (deffinalty makes for an interesting game )

ive checked spelling several times..im wondering if the number of spaces between entries is strict..or if only so many modifications can be made .

any help would be apreceated

Does anyone know if its possible to mod the cheat "deadringer". One million florins is to much in one go and it tempts me to cheat too much. It would be nice to just add a few thousand now and again, when things get a bit scary. Otherwise I suppose I could just increase my intial starting money, Or just suffer for my mistakes.

Oh and another question,
    Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of new titles you can add. As I've noticed a few of the new titles I've created change occasionally. i.e My Earl of Warwick's loyalty oscillates between 1 and 2.
    Thanks for any advice,

I have a question about the future game of Rome:TW. Is there a group of people already starting (preliminary work: unit design, installing 3D studio max) a mod for this great game?

If so, where, when, how, etc.
    in montem soli non loquitur

(\_/) (>.<) That's what happens with bunnies
    (x.X)(_)(_) who want to achieve world domination!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

I downloaded Razor AI. 1.0 from the file section, then I installed it, two files were then subseqeutnly in the main folder of the medeival folder, both TXT files named Razor AI Prod, and razor ai Units, but I see none of the changes that were claimed in the Readme TXT, nor do I see any detailed instructions on how to install them. Do I need to rename them? It seems to me like medeival wouldnt even recognize them with their current names?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sunsmountain @ July 17 2004,17:16)]I have a question about the future game of Rome:TW. Is there a group of people already starting (preliminary work: unit design, installing 3D studio max) a mod for this great game?

If so, where, when, how, etc.
    I doubt it m8,
    I think R:TW could be a whole new ball game. So unless someone gets a sneek prevew of the programming, we&#39;ll have to wait.

Do not despise the snake for having no horns,
    For who is to say, he will not become a Dragon.

Wink

Battle formations (AI)

Interesting but poorly documented aspect of the game. Has anyone figured out how they could be modified ?
    Which files are important (...&#92;FormationData), which flags cause what behaviour, which file is used in situation A/B/C - perhaps a modding guide or thread on this topic available ?
    There is a special part for the turks (&#39;Template Ottoman&#39; in HistoricalFormations.txt), i asked myself if it&#39;s possible to add an own formation only for (as an example) the spanish.

Thanks, Alex
    Pike & Musket mod forum | Download the Pike & Musket Mod for MTW
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason (Voltaire)

Hello,

Where is the Lord of the Rings forum for the mod? Since I cannot search the forums, I can&#39;t find it.

Thank you.

Wink

Hi BigMac ,

the &#39;official&#39; threads for the mods could be found at The Engineers Guild.
    Silmarillion:Total War
    Middle Earth: Total War
    The METW Mod has an additional forum (external link):
    Middle Earth: Total War at metw.net

Alex

I have made several search attempts and had no luck, so if this is a question already asked and answered please forgive my dumbality.

Has anyone come up with a technique to get the AI to continue to develop a region with a troop valor bonus beyond the improvements required to build the unit that receives the valor bonus?

Hi Eukates,
    Welcome to the Guild,
    You can effect what buildings are created by the AI in the Crusader_Buildprod13 file in the games main Total war directory. Columns 10 and 11 are the ones you&#39;ll need to adjust. Use gnome editor to open/edit the file. However I&#39;m still learning about this, so you&#39;ll probably need more help on changing the value&#39;s in column 10 and 11. I think, the higher the values the greater the incentive is for the AI to build.

Evil Sheriff Member Despot of the English's Avatar

I&#39;d really love to mod MTW but it all seems a bit overwhelming. Where&#39;s the best place to start? I&#39;d love to create new provinces and new units but I guess that&#39;s too ambitious for a beginner?

So for someone with little or no modding experience (at the moment all I can do is make non-playable factions playable and adjust the amount of money you begin the game with) where&#39;s the best place to start on the road to modding?

Thanks for your help .

i am just starting up useing these mods, the olny on ei got now is ntw but can anyone give me the links for the other mods like that. also i downloaded a stw mod but it don&#39;t seem to want to work because there is no downloader on it and i don&#39;t know how to do it any other way.

thanks

Quote[/b] (Despot of the English @ July 25 2004,04:36)]I&#39;d really love to mod MTW but it all seems a bit overwhelming. Where&#39;s the best place to start? I&#39;d love to create new provinces and new units but I guess that&#39;s too ambitious for a beginner?

So for someone with little or no modding experience (at the moment all I can do is make non-playable factions playable and adjust the amount of money you begin the game with) where&#39;s the best place to start on the road to modding?

Thanks for your help .
    I think the place where most people start there modding is in the Unit prod files (eg.Crusaders_unit_prod11)in the main Total war directory. At least thats where I started. Here you can change unit stats and with a bit more editing in several other files you can also introduce new units.
    But the easiest place is probably the startpos files in Campmap/startpos. In these files you can mod the entire starting position for any era. You can Decide what buildings, recources, units, money&#39;s, colour schemes, titles, provinces, etc, etc, etc, nations/factions start with. The scripting is very straight forward and the text format is quite self explanatory. But read one of the guides just to be on th safe side.

Thanks Kali .
    Those unit prod files look a bit muddled and a little confusing

Quote[/b] (Despot of the English @ July 26 2004,07:37)]Thanks Kali .
    Those unit prod files look a bit muddled and a little confusing
    If you open it with "gnome editor" (download from the Org) all the muddle sorts itself into rows and columns with easily understandable column headers. I suppose the first step should have been to, download gnome editor from the Org. Although when adding new units to the unit_prod file its easier to copy and paste the relevant lines to the bottom of the script list, without Gnome and then check them with Gnome. It all soon starts to make sence once you&#39;ve used gnome a few times.

Excellent. That&#39;s good to know. Thanks .
    I&#39;ve just found Starkhorn&#39;s excellent Adding a New Faction PDF.

*runs off to add the Dutch faction*

Capitano del Popolo Member saundersag's Avatar

Default Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

i am in the process of making a mod and i would like to simulate the way that the mongols attack without having a province. i would like to do it with the french could somone show me how to code that

Wink Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Hi saundersag,

did you recognize that there are at least three other mods in development that deal with italian renaissance ?
    The Two Crowns mod and the XVI-XVII mod are covering italy in different parts of the renaissance and with 'lesser depth' but the Citadel mod seems to be a 'copy' of your mod (or vice versa).

Scripting the French (and other factions) as CA did with the mongols isn't possible in my opinion (and not only mine regarding the posts on this topic) as it is hardcoded (same with swiss and burgundy). An option would be a forced die out of that faction and the reappearance of an heir.
    That's kind of a fake scripting. You create the french faction, give them a province but do not place a leader. Add a male heir with an age of 0 and the faction will die out after the first turn of the campaign and the heir will lead the reappearance of his faction 16 years later.

Alex

Angry Pagan Factions

I have been modding MTW for a while, and just recently VI, and the main focus of my mods have been making Pagan and Celtic factions. I have focused on these things for two reasons: 1. I'm Welsh. and 2. I hate Christians. In MTW, I was successful in creating a pagan Welsh faction, but unsuccessful at taking the pagan shrines from VI and putting them into my MTW mod. So I began modding VI, where I had the pagan shrines, but I was unsuccessful at making it so that my pagan Welsh would have princesses. I was able to do that in my MTW mod.
    So here I am, succeding in many modding aspects, but when it comes to these things it seems I have hit a brick wall. Please help! All I need to know is how to move the pagan shrines from VI into MTW, and how to give the pagan factions in VI princesses. Oh, one more thing. I kinda gave up on this idea, but it would be nice if I could create druids for both MTW and VI. Thanks in advance to whomever can help me.

-Brandon Celephaith

Can anyone please tell me how to "rem" out the opening movie and credits? I have searched for the startup script but am damned if I can find it. Anyone help please?

Oldnfaded

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

There is no startup script. That is all hardcoded. But you can avoid the intro by adding an empty .TXT file in the root directory of MTW. Name this file: skipcredits.txt

Hello, everyone. I have just a quick question: Is it possible, after you create a new unit, to make them use a certain portrait, rather than the default for whatever faction?

hey everyone i have a question i want to no if anyone out there knows any good guides on making unit graphics i no how to do all the txt on the units and i have read all of the guides but i still have no clue on making the great graphics for the units icons. I have fireworks (the same as paintshop pro) please help (sorry i am confuzing).

Try " Creating review panel bifs" on this part of the forum or Duke Johns done a very comprehensive guide which i think is in the Repository. The better your 2d program the better the results. I recommend something like photoshop but paintshop seems a popular choice.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast