Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Default Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Well... i made a new campagin_faction_specific txt file... but it didn't solve the problem. And it wasn't recognising my faction's name anymore either.. so i reverted back to using the default_faction_specific file.

I just don't know what to do now tho!!

Hope someone can still help!

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Regarding the second one i'm unsure as the weapon colums in gnome cites a defs file that i'm currently unable to find...
    Yes, it is true. Are you going to change the weapon IN THE GRAPHIC FILES?
    The problem if you change the 70 column in gnome is that there is no mean (in my knowledge) to test if the change has consequences.

Perhaps more skilled modders...

No, i just want to change the weapon stat wise, since graphically it would be almost the same, IE giving Pron. All. a lance instead of a spear...
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

i recently downloaded the patchit software pack to make the game not stop at the year 1452 but when i run it the error message i get is

Unable to open the file Late.cpg
    in the directory \Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\SaveGames
    Access is denied.

TEST NOT SUCCESSFUL

1) I have renamed the save file to Late.cpg
    2) I am using the Late_era_patch file

Thanks in advance

Hi all
    I have a great music track i would like to put into medieval but i cant figure how do this. I hope i but this in the correct otherwise tell me and ill post where it belongs. Thanks all
    /Clas

Hi,

I've changed the Aragonese Faction into a new Faction. It problably works all right, but there is an important problem: where can I edit the Glorious Achievements for the Factions?

You can't, they're hardcoded except for the homelands...
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    You can't, they're hardcoded except for the homelands...
    That's not the answer I expected ;-)

How can I add a new faction? I already know the "New Faction Guide", but in other languages like german it doesn't work!

I am working on a Mod for MTW1.1 and was wondering if it was possible to add new factions to the strategic map for 1.1 as in VI??

If possible then could someone please post me a step by step guide to introducing a new faction in MTW1.1, since all guides are written from a MTW-VI point of view with clarifications regarding the following points:

a.Since the Heroes.txt appears only in VI how do I set a new faction leader

b.How should I refer to my faction in the Startpos and UNit11 and Build13.txt- as Fn01 or Fn21 or FnScots or FnFree01

c.The names for my faction in the Names.txt should be interspersed with the other faction fore and sur-names or do they go to the bottom of the list.

d.Since Faction Colors are hardcoded in 1.1 what will be the new faction color

I tried adding Scots as a new faction but everytime I chose it I got an instant CTD, in addition the Scots appeared as the same faction color as the HRE. A similar CTD happened if I tried to choose the Scots in the custom battle menu. If someone has sucessfully added a new faction to MTW1.1 a link to his or her Mod would be very helpful indeed.

Finally for my Mod I need a copy of the Huscarle.LBM from the Textures / Men/Huscarle folder from MTW-VI- If some one could mail me this file to amritaghata@yahoo.co.in, I shall be eternally grateful to him/her- so do please please have pity on a poor modder.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

PS. I also was wondering if It was possible to add a new map to MTW1.1 as has been done in the XL and BKB Mods and how should I go about it. Thanks a lot in advance-look eagerly to your responses.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."

PS. I was also wondering if It was possible to add a new map to MTW1.1 as has been done in the XL and BKB Mods and how should I go about it. Thanks a lot in advance-look eagerly to your responses.

Hello it's been awhile since I was here and I was wondering if it was possible to add VI units to MTW 1.1. I have already tried inserting WesW's RussianDvors and Berdyshi .lbm's, .bifs and all the related files but I keep getting an unknown unit error on stratup. Would someone mind telling me if this is impossible or if I'm just missing something.

Card

Question Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Hello, Im a new member of the org. Just started modding this year by looking at all the forums for modding information. I can successfully make my own units in gnome editor and make my own factions, using already made maps (havent worked with graphic files yet, i gotta buy new software).

Next thing i wanted to do was make a new agent, so coppying the data for assassins i made a new one called the Knight of the round table, it had the exact same stats as the assassin, but i gave it the infopanel and review panel of a knights templar.
    But when i opened the game and tried to build one of these a message poped up saying:

KnightRT had been declared as GENERIC, PAGAN, CATHOLIC, ORTHIDOX, MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN,
    but its IMAGETYPE_STANDING was requested from campmap\Pieces\units\CATHOLIC\ and is not
    present there or in the root directory
    **** Using default image ***

it did not show that agent's piece image, rather just a small box with a question mark. I could right click it and see its portrait and info, the only thing missing was the piece image.
    i assume this file was the agent image, that shows up on the campaign map.
    i searched for any files that had "_standing" in the name but there werent any at all. and strangely enough there was no folder called "CATHOLIC" in the specified directory. I then searched for all files with the name "assassin" (mostly portrait files, which i didnt coppy)(there were two in the review_panel directory, which i did not coppy since i used knights templar image for that) (and there were several in the campmap\pieces directory which i coppied and moved to the new "Catholic" location. but this did no good

Could someone help me fill in this missing gap with a valid file. I havent seen instructions on making new agents yet id love it if someone could address that topic. Also it would be great if you could identify what a piece image file is so i can replace this agents image with that of a MTW faction leader.
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

What is modding. IS it a way to make my own campaign map, units, and geography? I don't know. I would like someone to explain Modding to me. Just basic. No real detail. More then a dictionary, yet less than a 1,000 words.

General Tildor. A new dude.

Unhappy Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Well, General Tildor, I bid thee welcome.

modding is bassically the ability to change this game however you would like to change it. Nearly everything that you see in the game is modifyable.

(as long as its not hard-coded into the game program, and as long as it follows the game format of campaign map and battle map and buying units and buildings and agents with some form of money)

what is most limiting is finding out how to do it and getting necessary programs, and finding the time to do it.

when i started modding, i decided that i was bored with the TW map configuration and units. so i looked up in the Repository for guides. I followed the directions very closely. And then i successfully made my own scouting unit, My own knight units, and my own spearmen units. I then found a step by step guide on how to make factions. I followed that and sucessfully made 11 new playable factions. I figured out how to assign my own units to factions using the special "gnome editor" program (created just for editing units and buildings) and i can now make new factions and units as i please

i did not have the appropriate programs to make new graphics or new campaign maps, but you can do it, it takes more time, and i havent found such a clear explanaiton on how to do them, but id love to. (NOTE TO ANYONE WHO CAN SHARE THIS WITH ME )
    you can also rename factoins, rename anything including unit generals and all that, you can even change the faction colors, which i was happy about.

Have fun modding if you should choose to do so, and Godspeed in your ventures.
    With humble blessings,
    Lord Liendecker

Rise a knight!

Is it possible to mod the MTW Campaign so it has 2 or 4 turns per year as 1 year per turn really bugs me.
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

Member Member william the bastard's Avatar

Hi all.

can someone tell me, where i can find a "step by step" for LMM4 ? i've got problem to edit a decent campaign map. Need help!
    Sorry for my French

Default Gnome Editor Column Warnings

Greetings,

When you open the Crusader_unit_prod11.txt file with the Gnome Editor, in certain columns such as Column 62- Armor Piercing Weapon or Column 70-Weapon Type, you read warnings such as:

"This column is linked from Linked To workshet, which is itself linked to the summary and unit def sheets. Please edit the factors there"

OR

"Note this column is linked from the UnitDefs sheet and should not be edited directly"

Where are these Summary and Unit Definition Sheets these columns are talking about? Am I missing something?

Thks!
    .:vVv:. A UT2004 Clan
    Visit us at http://vvv-clan.com

Down with the Pope and his crusading monkeys!

Member Member The Electric Celt's Avatar

Could anyone tell me what the best mods are ,briefly give a description of what they add/change and where I can find them or this information
    I await salivating
    BREED MORE CONSUMERS

Everyone's entitled to my opinion

Because I couldn't find an answer to my questions on the forums I will try it here:

I'm a total newbie to MTW but love the game-concept very much. I'm only annoyed by the fact, that I have to produce tons of strategic units and searching for them after every turn. So I want to make a short tiny mod in which I make the strategic units more expensive and much stronger that you need only a few of them, better: you can't afford so much of them. Now my questions are: -is there a way that you can build only one unit of the same kind, -how can I make assassins/spies/emissaries stronger (I know there is a way for cardinals/bishops etc...), -if I make a unit much more expensive, I fear the AI could stick on trying to produce it, because there are not enough florins for it. So, how do I have to manipulate the AI-behaviour to build those units only when the AI is rich...

Hope to get some answers to my questions on this way,
    thanks,

Ulysses
    Ihr seid blind wie junge Katzen...

Hello! xD

Ive got a big problem. T_T Everytime i want to start the game an error occurs which says "Too many data columns found in parsefile". I edited the last column of the crusader unit prod file (mercenary yes/no etc.) and now im stuck and dont know what ive done wrong. The original file works fine. Where lies the problem? Plz help me! :mercy:

Hey Total Warriors. I have a question. I have Medieval Total War. I need
    Viking Invasion. I can find the two together on the web, and I can find
    VI at Amazon USED AT UP TO $58!! Does anyone know where I can find
    it at a better price? Btw, I'm in Tennessee, US., although with buying
    online, I guess it doesn't matter where you are. Thanks for any help.

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

I had a problem similar to this, as well. I never discovered the reason for it. However, at about the same time as the problem ceased, I also turned off my Norton Antivirus autoprotect mode. I suspect that Norton AV was doing something while checking the autosave and caused it to get corrupted. Since turning off Norton AV in the background, I have not had the problem again; but since I didn't not associate the two at the time, I can't be sure they are related.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Ive shut down every background program. Its always the same: I cant start MTW cuz of the error message. It seems i have to use an oldbackupfile. The whole work for nothing. >_<

I'm sorry, Laza. It happens. It's entirely possible that a bug simply crept into the program and died. Blame it on cosmic rays... or the girl scouts or something.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Hey- I am wondering just how you would go about allowing a faction such as Aragon to be able to build buildings of Islamic nature; specifically Mosques? I've tried to add Catholic and Orthodox to EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT in a test. The result was the game crashing to a particular error whenever I tried to click on the mosque. The error had the title of "Non existant generic filename requested for Building." and said "Image filename = INFOPIC_FILENAME, Culture = CATHOLIC"

So obviously this has something to do with cultures and non-existent files? I also forgot to mention the mosque didn't have its usual picture and instead had a generic picture with mosque over the top of it. So I suspect it may have something to do with the info pics and culture settings?

If you look in the campmap directory, you'll find a folder called Info_Pics. In that folder is a folder for building info_pics. In the building folder are separate folders for Catholic, Muslim, and Orthodox pics. Even though you modded the building_prod file to allow the Catholic and Orthodox cultures to build a mosque, the game program can't find the relevant pics in the info_pic folder. Easy enough to fix. Just copy and past the mosque.bif file from /campmap/info_pics/building/muslim into /campmap/info_pics/building/catholic or /orthodox. That should solve the problem of the info_pic crash.

Post Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Ive noticed that some forums do not allow posts and others only have a few threads that have ever been posted, so i assume there are limits to where new members can post.

Where can new members of the org post threads?

Rise a knight!

Just about every one except the ones like the Repository thread which specifically say that not to post there.

I am a newbie and I'm wondering if there is a mod that brings MTW. up to RTW graphics and map standards. I love both games but RTW's battles and maps are soooo much better! Thanks, good site!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast