Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Welcome to the Org, BluegoRed!

Unfortunately, I believe all of the date triggers are hardcoded in Med 1. Stazi might know of some super-secret ways to change them, but they are not set in any of the text files.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Default Re: New Patrons, you can post your questions here

Thanks for the welcome.

I thought it was something like that, hoping for something. thanks though.

Default NotePad++

I edited "Medieval - TotalWar\campmap\startpos\Early.txt" with NotePad++ to be able to play as The Golden Horde. With the exception of a few minor in game bugs that has gone well. After playing a few decades it seemed I didn't have many specialized or even basic unit types available for training. So I tried editing "Medieval - TotalWar\crusaders_unit_prod11.txt" in NotePad++ to make HorseArchers available. When trying to launch the game after editing "crusaders_unit_prod11.txt" in NotePad++ it starts to launch, showing the Total War splash then fails(it did give an error report once, sadly I didn't write down what it was, but I believe it said format?).

I then tried to edit "crusaders_unit_prod11.txt" with basic NotePad and it worked. So I thought it may be the encoding since I had NotePad++ set to ANSI as UTF-8(UTF-8 without BOM), changing the encoding didn't work(note: when I edited "Early.txt" I never fiddled with the encoding so I'm assuming that saved as ANSI as UTF-8 and there were no issues there). But I'm not quite sure it's an encoding issue, since after editing "crusaders_unit_prod11.txt" in basic NotePad I opened in NotePad++ hit space then backspace just to be able to save in NP++ and the game launched. Then in NP++ I then tried to make Spearmen available to The Golden Horde on the same "crusaders_unit_prod11.txt" file and once again the game failed to load.

I can edit in basic NotePad, but I hope someone has an idea as to what's going on when trying to edit in NotePad++ because I would prefer to edit with it.

Thanks to anyone who helps me try to sort this issue!

Default Re: NotePad++

When you give a unit to Golden Horde do you change culture the unit belongs to?
    I've never had problems with np++.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Default Re: NotePad++

Hi Stazi thanks for the reply. This is my 1st time modding MTW, so please forgive any nubishness.

By "culture" I'm guessing you mean religion? In any case no, I was just adding some basic units like spearmen and horsearchers(which I think can go to any religion) since for some reason they weren't available to The Golden Horde, maybe because TGH aren't supposed to be available till the High Period? And to make some of TGH's units available in the early period. For what ever reason any edit I do in NP++ won't work, but the exact same edits in basic NotePad does work.

This maybe a rabbit hole? But I read somewhere you could open the files in Excel? So I thought maybe I was losing some compatibility there? The furthest researching that I got what some file type or compatibility called ".CSV"(comma-separated values). I read that NP++ used to have it, but got rid of it because of stability issues and it was only now available as a plug-in. I didn't want to go ahead and get that until if I knew that was the issue.

Thanks,
    ~ Rex

_
    Edit:

Doing some testing here with NP++(NotePad++), I have found that it fails to launch when adding characters(text and such) to "crusaders_unit_prod11.txt"(haven't tested when removing). By that I mean when adding "GOLDEN_HORDE" or the like to a units playable factions.
    EXAMPLE:
    Taking
    Code:
    "SPANISH,ARAGONESE,BURGUNDIAN,BYZANTINE,DANISH,ENGLISH,FRENCH,GERMAN_HRE,ITALIAN,POLISH,RUSSIAN,HUNGARIAN,NOVGOROD,PAPIST,SICILIAN,SWISS, TURKISH"
    and adding:
    Code:
    "GOLDEN_HORDE,SPANISH,ARAGONESE,BURGUNDIAN,BYZANTINE,DANISH,ENGLISH,FRENCH,GERMAN_HRE,ITALIAN,POLISH,RUSSIAN,HUNGARIAN,NOVGOROD,PAPIST,SICILIAN,SWISS, TURKISH"
    But if I just change a number or charachter using NP++ it does launch.
    Example:
    From
    Code:
    "{HORSE_BREEDER3, ARMOURER3}"
    to
    Code:
    "{HORSE_BREEDER1, ARMOURER2}"

EDIT:
    I appear to have found the solution. It does seem to have something to do with encoding? I had been mostly using NP++ to edit/make webpages, and I had in "Preferences/New Document" set to "UTF-8 without BOM" for that. So it seemed when opening the .TXT it was converting it and even if I switch encoding or converted to ANSI something was changing and the edits would fail. But switching "Preferences/New Document" to "ANSI" seems to have worked with the few tests I have run so far.

Thanks for the help,
    ~ Rex

EDIT:
    Well I seem to be having issues with NP++ again, even with the changes noted in my previous edit. Since I found Gnome_UnitBuildProj_Editorv2.0 and may get a free Excel editor if I can find one, I'll probably put this issue on the side burner for awhile. If I ever pinpoint the issue, I'll edit that in here.
    Last edited by RexMundi412; 06-19-2014 at 15:48.

Default MTW Campaign Map Modding

I want to try making a campaign map. But I can't sort which file(s) I need to edit to do that? Also it would be a nice bonus if someone could point me to where I could find a copy of LMM(Automatic LukMap & Script creator). I know there probably isn't many people still modding MTW, but If a copy is found, staff may want to think about hosting it here?

Default Re: MTW Campaign Map Modding

Unfortunately the Org's downloads section is a bit messed up, but the files do exist on our host. Most of the mod tools you need should be in this AtomicGamer directory. The AG MTW section is a goldmine of Org Medieval TW history.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Thank you very much drone! If you have editing permissions you may wish to add that link to the 1st post here... Automatic LukMap & Script creator. It's the main place my searching kept leading me to and especially since it's a "sticky".

~ Rex

A while back I ran through the Engineer's Guild and updated broken links in the mod threads, I neglected to check the links here, some work but I'm sure a few are broken. I guess it's time to get busy!

Hello everyone, not to sure if anyone can give me an answer for this but I have an issue on a mod im working on. I have redone most gameplay aspects for the VI portion of Medieval, but have issues with the Rebel Faction showing portraits. Every time a rebellion occurs their army lacks the default leader portrait in Campaign map + the pre battle screen and states no portrait for this unit type? If someone with knowledge to fix this could tell me id be a happy camper.

Hello, I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro two years ago and was able to play these awesome Medieval Total War mods once again. To anyone who has upgraded to Windows 10, does Medieval Total War play without issues? Thanks.

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

I never modded anything in M:TW before - is it possible to add unitprovinces to the campaign map?

e.g. in the early campaign Sinai has Mamluk Horse Archers as their +1 valour special unit.

Would it be possible to add Bedouin Camel warriors to Arabia as special unit?

Would it be possible to add a special unit usable by the Turks or Mamluks to Palestine? It currently has Knights Templar as their specialty, so has that to be replaced or can a province have 2 special units for different owners?

And if it is possible what would be the easiest way to change it?

AFAIK, yes you can do the modifications requested. Use GnomeEditor to edit the provinces!

You will want to edit the unit prod file for your campaign (CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT or VIKINGS_UNIT_PROD.TXT).

• First, make a backup of the file before editing!
    • Find the row of the unit you wish to modify.
    • Find the column in that row titled: Region ID troop advantage (column #12)
    • Add the province ID to that column. You can find the IDs in the startpos file (campmap/startpos/EARLY.txt, look for DeclareLandRegion lines)

As an example, here is the row for Highlanders. Note column #12 has "ID_SCOTLAND"
    Code:
    HighlandClansman	INFANTRY	100	3	1	0	16	60	1	DISCOURAGED	"CATH_REBELS(-15), CATH_LOYALISTS(-15), CATH_PEASANTS(-15), CATH_BANDITS(-15), CATH_ZEALOTS(10), ORTH_REBELS(-15), ORTH_LOYALISTS(-15), ORTH_PEASANTS(-15), ORTH_BANDITS(-15), ORTH_ZEALOTS(10), CATH_HERETICS(-15), ORTH_HERETICS(-15)"		ID_SCOTLAND		"POVERTY_STRICKEN(232.5), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(9.3), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), CATHOLIC_TRADER(93), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(93), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(111.6), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(74.4), POPE(46.5), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(74.4), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(46.5), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(74.4), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(93), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(93), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(111.6), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(148.8), REBELS(93), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(9.3)"		{ CASTLE}	"ATTACKER,AMBUSH"	2	ALL_PERIODS	YES	"HEIGHT( 85 ), RADIUS( 25 ), SCALE( 120 ), PROJECTILE_TYPE( NONE ), SAMURAI( NO ), MARCH_SPEED( 6 ), RUN_SPEED( 12 ), CHARGE_SPEED( 13 ), MIN_TURNSPEED( 2 ), MAX_TURNSPEED( 8 ), TURN_TO_MOTION_SPEED( 8 ), MAX_INMOTION_TURN( 96 ), FORMATION_WIDTH_SPACING( 75 ), FORMATION_LENGTH_SPACING( 75 ), ENGAGEMENT_THRESHOLD( 1500 ), CHARGE_BONUS( 6 ), MELEE_BONUS( 5 ), DEFENCE_BONUS( -3 ), ARMOUR_LEVEL( 1 ), HONOUR_LEVEL( 0 ), AMMO( 0 ), FORMATIONS_PREFERRED_NUM_ROWS( 4 )"	NO		"own_unit_tooltip1, own_unit_tooltip2, other_unit_tooltip1,  other_unit_tooltip2"		"PEASANT, YES, YES"		ALL_FACTIONS	ID_SCOTLAND	"Missile, Shocktroop, Spear, Cavalry"	"SKIRMISH(0), ADVANCE_PARTY(1),
    OUTFLANKING_FORCE(0), MAIN_BODY(2), HOLD_TERRAIN(0), RESERVE(1), REINFORCEMENT(1), ASSAULT(0), ASSAULT_COVER(0), ASSAULT_COVER_CASTLE_ATTACK(2), COVER(0)"	"CATHOLIC, ORTHODOX"		0	UNCONTROLLED	UNFORMED	SMALL	YES	1	NO	0	0		"PAGAN(0), CATHOLIC(0), ORTHODOX(0), ISLAMIC(0), JEWISH(0), HERETIC(0)"	"PAGAN(0), CATHOLIC(0), ORTHODOX(0), ISLAMIC(0), JEWISH(0), HERETIC(0)"			SWORD	YES	ALL_PERIODS	"FN_ENGLISH,FN_FRENCH"
    Only one special unit will be displayed in the province scroll, but you can have multiple units per province.

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

Cool Re: MTW Campaign Map Modding

Quote Originally Posted by Xantan View Post
    AFAIK, yes you can do the modifications requested. Use GnomeEditor to edit the provinces!
    I just downloaded GnomeEditor 2.0 and tried to add the Bedouin Camels bonus to Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    You will want to edit the unit prod file for your campaign (CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT or VIKINGS_UNIT_PROD.TXT).

• First, make a backup of the file before editing!
    • Find the row of the unit you wish to modify.
    • Find the column in that row titled: Region ID troop advantage (column #12)
    • Add the province ID to that column. You can find the IDs in the startpos file (campmap/startpos/EARLY.txt, look for DeclareLandRegion lines)

As an example, here is the row for Highlanders. Note column #12 has "ID_SCOTLAND"
    Code:
    HighlandClansman	INFANTRY	100	3	1	0	16	60	1	DISCOURAGED	"CATH_REBELS(-15), CATH_LOYALISTS(-15), CATH_PEASANTS(-15), CATH_BANDITS(-15), CATH_ZEALOTS(10), ORTH_REBELS(-15), ORTH_LOYALISTS(-15), ORTH_PEASANTS(-15), ORTH_BANDITS(-15), ORTH_ZEALOTS(10), CATH_HERETICS(-15), ORTH_HERETICS(-15)"		ID_SCOTLAND		"POVERTY_STRICKEN(232.5), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(9.3), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), CATHOLIC_TRADER(93), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(93), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(111.6), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(74.4), POPE(46.5), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(74.4), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(46.5), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(74.4), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(93), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(93), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(111.6), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(111.6), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(148.8), REBELS(93), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(9.3)"		{ CASTLE}	"ATTACKER,AMBUSH"	2	ALL_PERIODS	YES	"HEIGHT( 85 ), RADIUS( 25 ), SCALE( 120 ), PROJECTILE_TYPE( NONE ), SAMURAI( NO ), MARCH_SPEED( 6 ), RUN_SPEED( 12 ), CHARGE_SPEED( 13 ), MIN_TURNSPEED( 2 ), MAX_TURNSPEED( 8 ), TURN_TO_MOTION_SPEED( 8 ), MAX_INMOTION_TURN( 96 ), FORMATION_WIDTH_SPACING( 75 ), FORMATION_LENGTH_SPACING( 75 ), ENGAGEMENT_THRESHOLD( 1500 ), CHARGE_BONUS( 6 ), MELEE_BONUS( 5 ), DEFENCE_BONUS( -3 ), ARMOUR_LEVEL( 1 ), HONOUR_LEVEL( 0 ), AMMO( 0 ), FORMATIONS_PREFERRED_NUM_ROWS( 4 )"	NO		"own_unit_tooltip1, own_unit_tooltip2, other_unit_tooltip1,  other_unit_tooltip2"		"PEASANT, YES, YES"		ALL_FACTIONS	ID_SCOTLAND	"Missile, Shocktroop, Spear, Cavalry"	"SKIRMISH(0), ADVANCE_PARTY(1),
    OUTFLANKING_FORCE(0), MAIN_BODY(2), HOLD_TERRAIN(0), RESERVE(1), REINFORCEMENT(1), ASSAULT(0), ASSAULT_COVER(0), ASSAULT_COVER_CASTLE_ATTACK(2), COVER(0)"	"CATHOLIC, ORTHODOX"		0	UNCONTROLLED	UNFORMED	SMALL	YES	1	NO	0	0		"PAGAN(0), CATHOLIC(0), ORTHODOX(0), ISLAMIC(0), JEWISH(0), HERETIC(0)"	"PAGAN(0), CATHOLIC(0), ORTHODOX(0), ISLAMIC(0), JEWISH(0), HERETIC(0)"			SWORD	YES	ALL_PERIODS	"FN_ENGLISH,FN_FRENCH"
    Only one special unit will be displayed in the province scroll, but you can have multiple units per province.
    I added ID_ARABIA in column 12 of the Bedouin Camels and it worked perfectly. It even shows when I load my saved Mamluks game despite my fears that I would have to start a new game to be able to actually use it.

Last edited by ConjurerDragon; 04-08-2019 at 18:04.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213