Thread: Remember the demo days

Well back then there was a unofficial releses of a couple of maps and unit's well there was a couple of senerios that they had one of them being the" battle of 4" well this was a 1vs everyone else why is this not a option in the game today when i get online I am at work so i have to cut this short be back laTER

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

I like the idea bout a 1on1on1on1on1on1 match just one big free for all this was one thing I liked about the demo ok who even was around at that time am I the only one. and one ??? why was the unoffical demo add-on taken off the webpage's hell i can't even remember where i got it from. and who was it that relesed it

------------------
    Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

shadowkill,

the problem with that is that then the campers will just sit back and not do anything. However, I hvae done a free-for-all before with a few fears on friendly in which the person with the most kills won.... but we still had 2 (out of 6) ppl camp and wait until the end.... which was stupid b/c then there wsa noone to kill.

but, yes you are right about the old "all 8 clans" battle map thing with huge armies.... that was a battle to remember.... bodies everywhere, misplaced limbs....

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

i am sure that some people camp cause it is hard to move the army properly, the gamespeed is slightly to fast for most of the players, why not make a button to slow it down with 25% or so

or let people design there own order of battle/deployment
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Ah yes, the Good Ole Days.....
    Apparently, if you get into a 2v2, you can backstab your allies. So just set up a multiplayer game, and everyone agrees ahead of time to free-for-all. Those massive battles are great! They WILL slow down a low-end system, tho. Every once in a while it'll happen in Single Player, but there's no real option for it anymore.

Yeah, the only way to make it "fair" is to go for the Most Heads Taken. It's too easy to gang up on someone, or (as what often happens) have someone camp out so that they can sweep down at the endgame. A good solution is for all the non-campers gang up on the campers, wipe them off the map, then begin the battle in earnest!

Magyar - are you suggesting this for Multiplayer games? Who would get to control time? I can see arguments happening where someone keeps changing the time to mess with their opponents.

-- B)

I fell in love with shogun when I saw the demo but I kick myself everyday for not having any money to buy the game.

------------------
    My webpages are "www.geocities.com/77331" and "www.geocities.com/adventist2002
    My webpages are "www.geocities.com/77331" and "www.geocities.com/adventist2002

Guys, i think if u want to do a multiplay battle and determine who wins, u better use the LogFileReader programm i wrote http://home-4.worldonline.nl/%7Et543...ogun-index.htm

look at downloads, it determines the after-battle-koku-worth of an army. this is maybe the most objective measure, although it wont stimulate people to attack. but it will surely work in 1 vs 1 games with match and rematch under same conditions.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....