Thread: Anyone ever make a 16 man Kensai army?

Well I did

I have a single player game going from when I first got the game that is on easy. I was dominating so I went to the next level up and started getting my butt kicked, so to relieve tension I would play the easy game every once in a while. I decided it would be fun to make an army made up entirely of Kensais. They have fought like 11 battles now and never lost a man. The only thing that sucks is the enemy almost always takes off immediatley and its difficult to get more than a couple hundred kills. The funnest though would have to be breaking sieges Like lambs to the slaughter.

Anyone else ever have fun with this?

Q: "What do you do when you see 16 Kensai's coming at you?"

A: "You die"

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I had the 'pleasure' of fighting one of these armies once... It really is the other way around...

Q: What do you do when you see 16 Kensais coming at you screaming bloody Buddha? What do you do?

A: Have some sake and watch the slaughter. Sure your losses will be nominally higher, but the Kensais will all meet Buddha before you do...
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

it's not so hot.
    anyway, i figure you must have the game (since you're on this site) so why don't you try it yourself?

What do you do? You send out 3 or 4 cav groups and watch the kensai get mowed down. Or, you send out 2 oe 3 BN's to do the dirty work.

Kensai have weaknesses. Just as do all the other units.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

Block the Kensais with some cheap unit and run over them with your cavs. Kensais are crap No Dachis rule. If you are mongols, and meet some kensais? Hmm, try the MHC its fun, really...

------------------
    Strength and honour

Bomilkar Date
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

16 ninjas make short work of the 16 kensais

LOL, I did do it, I just thought it was fun. And against the AI its been invincible so far, but its on EASY level and I'm fighting the rebels. I much prefer Kensai's over Battlefield Ninjas but maybe I just don't know how to use ninjas correctly.

I don't like BN either but if used correctly then they are very deadly. Also in the confusion of battle someone can miss them there and won't be able to locate or flank em. Same goes with kensai. They look like nd so you could send him in the nd and mask him in them.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Just get some musketeers and shoot them no big deal they will die so quickly its not really funny anymore

Not really, Flame. It takes ALOT of volleys from either guns or arrows to take out a kensai. A single unit needs alot of luck to get in a hit on a Kensai. 95% of the time, the kensai can easily close and take out ranged attackers if not engaged with other enemies. Against ranged units, the Kensai excels.

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Not really.

You have to remember that the new patch reduced the walking/running speed of Kensai.

And even foot archers on skirmish can easily sent the Kensai into a cat & mouse game and exaust him pretty quick. They will still suffer casualty, but not by much.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

My H5 Muketeers killed a kensai on its 3rd volley he wasnt even close. And online Some guy came at me with 16 kensai I sent my cav to keep them busy while my H5 Musketeers took em down 1 by 1

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Kensai are like big doppy ND. They run around saying;

"Look at me i'm as tall as a man sitting on a horse, except im wearing No Dachi clothes so they don't fit!"

Just run around for ages with a fast unit and watch them fall over with exhaustion (well almost!)

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

I had my ally drop prior to combat in this one game , and the basts wouldn't escape ... so i had to fight... Was kicking my opponent's butt , then the other guy with 16 kensais falls onto my flank. I'll tell you , the monk i sent to slow their advance didn't stand a chance Nor did my army when they ran into my flank.

What do you do when you face 16 kensai army?

A: You get a 16 musketeer army. AND SHOOT THEIR ASSES TILL NEXT TUESDAY.

I've had the pleasure of having Hojo send me an army that had 4 kensai on it. Of course, it wouldve completely murdered the poor ashigaru I had defending, so I just told them to retreat to the Fortress.

As they held the fort, my ninja (not battlefield ninja) was sent against that army. Since the kensai had honour 2 (mustve been newly built) and was the general of the army... WHACK! 1 kensai dead.

And since the other kensai had higher honour than the archers and yari sams they were with, they each became the next general. *WHACK* *WHACK* *WHACK* 3 more kensai to feed the worms.

Moral of the story: Sword Saints make massacres, Ninjas make martyrs out of saints.