Thread: Daimyo longevity...

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

During my last campaign this chap managed to live up to 95 years old ...during my many MTW campaigns i ve never seen such an age...is this unusual longevity a feature common in shogun or this guy was a member of the fitness club?

Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

They definitely live longer in STW. The kings in MTW usually don't live longer than into their early 70's while the daimios in STW quite often get into their late 80's or even higher as in your case.

Wink

I like the 5 v1 yari ashigarus. Do you keep them for nostalgic reasons?

And yes, daimyos get quite old, I suppose the chance to die percentage is vastly different compared to VI, or the threshold age is set higher.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

nah it was just end of the game and i was bribing the last rebel armies....its probably one of those ...
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I like the 5 v1 yari ashigarus. Do you keep them for nostalgic reasons?
    ROTFL

You're right. Vastly different from VI.
    I once had a Daimyo that reached 98

Default Re: Daimyo longevity...

Mine ( Shimazu ) is currently over 100 ( 101 I think ), and last Daimyo standing !!

Edit : Having rechecked my current game : Shimazu Iehisa ( my last Daimyo ) is actually 109 !!!
    This is at Winter 1660...
    Last edited by DEB8; 08-09-2024 at 10:56. Reason: Correction / Update

My Daimyo is now 114 ( @ Winter 1665 )...

About 19 provinces left to conquer, but not expecting to survive that long !!

Update : My Daimyo is now 116 ( @ Winter 1667 )...

10 provinces left to conquer ; one with LOTS of troops ( Etchu ), the rest with one or two VERY good Armies.
    I really need to upgrade my Armies by building better units ; but time is not on my side as I am NOT expecting to survive much longer at all..

Member thankful for this post:

The game continues !

My Daimyo is now 120 Years old ( @ Spring 1670 ).

3 provinces left to conquer ; Mutsu, Shimosa and Kazusa, all with two Armies.

I have had an attempt at Mutsu ( which was full of Warrior Monks ( approx 17 out of 22 units ) ) - of course my mainly No-Dachi Army lost, but the Warrior Monks were severely weakened, so I can attack again with another two just as good Armies in Summer or Autumn ( a live Daimyo permitting ). A shame I lost one of my three +2 Generals though. The next attacks will only have a +1 General. Their Generals have no bonus thankfully...

I also attacked Shimosa, but my large Cavalry reserve force was put onto the battlefield during Winter instead of most of my Infantry *, so I decided to Withdraw.

[ * That was because ( I think ) I moved my Daimyo in with the Cavalry ( from Hitachi ) and the Infantry in from Musashi. I was trying to be clever and move my Daimyo away from a Geisha that had just spawned in Hitachi ! Bummer ! ]

Lessons learned : 1) Do not attack with Cavalry in Winter ( they get knackered before the action starts )
    2) Do not attack with Gold Armoured units in Winter ( ditto above )
    3) Do not move your General with reserves ( especially Cavalry )

Perhaps this "longevity" thing is part of why playing Shimazu ( Green ) is deemed easy (?)...

The Harvests were crap for ages though.

I also arranged Alliances, then they got their last Daimyo killed and I gained some units for a short while ( until they were wiped out by the Hojo's ).

My Campaign against the Hojo's started in Bungo - after about 4 or 5 defensive victories in Higo - it's been a long journey to Shimosa...

My Daimyo lasted the campaign and I won the game ( captured* all of the Provinces ).

[ * Although Mifuneda Castle ( in Kazusa ) was still under siege. ]

The game ended at Winter 1672 and my ( last ) |Daimyo was 121 years old !!

NB : I Ninja'd that annoying Geisha too ( on the very last turn ) !!!

It occurred to me recently that "longevity" is NOT just a Shimazu thing ( as surmised earlier ).

This was the first time I had ever played Shimazu ( Green ), and I feel certain that a previous "last" Daimyo had also reached a rather "ancient" old age !

I can't recall which clan it was though ( it's been over 12 years since my last STW game... ).