Thread: Adding completely new buildings in MTW:VI

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

From SicilianVespers in the EH:

Before I begin working on this, has anyone tried to add the new buildings, etc... into the regular MTW campaigns to expand the early period into a pseudo "dark" period?

I have aleady copied the portraits over to the main game, but the new buildings would really give us a dark ages feel. Especially for the Pagan factions.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

KekvitMod has for a few (Muster Field and Catholic Abbey, to name two). Click on Files at the top of the page, then Stats, then search for KekvitModv2 and the update KekvitModv2a

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jacque Schtrapp @ Nov. 24 2003,13:50)]From SicilianVespers in the EH:

Before I begin working on this, has anyone tried to add the new buildings, etc... into the regular MTW campaigns to expand the early period into a pseudo "dark" period?

I have aleady copied the portraits over to the main game, but the new buildings would really give us a dark ages feel. Especially for the Pagan factions.
    I dont know how far your moding skills go but Ive added buildings to my mod, like a Great temple and all did was:

1)ADD APPROPRITE DATA IN CRUSADERBUILDPROD13:

"0 TEMPLE_OF_LUND Temple Of Lund TROOP_PRODUCER 2000 4 {CHURCH} Temple Of Lund "POVERTY_STRICKEN(5), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(100), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(80), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(80), CATHOLIC_TRADER(80), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(200), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(200), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(200), POPE(100), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(80), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(80), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(80), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(80), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(80), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(0), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(0), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(0), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(0), REBELS(0), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(10), " NO CATHOLIC "UPGRADE_MORALE(3), {UPGRADE_VALOUR(3), UPGRADE_DISCIPLINE(3)" 2 "{FN_DANISH }""

2) ADD RELEVANT PICFILES IN TotalWar\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings (dont forget to put one in thee colured folder.

3) ADD RELEVANT PICFILE IN TotalWar\campmap\review_panel\Buildings (DONT FORGET TO PUT ONE IN CATHOLIC FOLDER)

3)ADD IN DESCRIPTION FOR TEXT FILES
    Go in Total War\Medieval - Total War\Loc\Eng

Descriptions: add description then add in the completed and destroyed section, like so:

["Temple Of Lund_desc"]
    {"The Temple of Lund was originally built in Jerusalem 3000 years ago and housed the Ark of the Covenant and the Great Library. It was taken at the great war by the Dark Templars and brought to the mountains of Switzerland stone by stone along with the Ark itself Although the Temple is forbidden to enter, it is the centre of learning and training for the Dark Templars who rarely leave and houses the largest Library and relics in the world

["Temple Of Lund_Completed"] {"Temple of Lund Completed."}

["Temple Of Lund_Destroyed"] {"Temple of Lund Destroyed."}

AFTER THAT THE BUILDING SHOULD WORK

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

This is good info, maybe should be a sticky
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Guilt @ Nov. 26 2003,20:10)]3)ADD IN DESCRIPTION FOR TEXT FILES
    Go in Total War\Medieval - Total War\Loc\Eng

Descriptions: add description then add in the completed and destroyed section, like so:

["Temple Of Lund_desc"]
    {"The Temple of Lund was originally built in Jerusalem 3000 years ago and housed the Ark of the Covenant and the Great Library. It was taken at the great war by the Dark Templars and brought to the mountains of Switzerland stone by stone along with the Ark itself Although the Temple is forbidden to enter, it is the centre of learning and training for the Dark Templars who rarely leave and houses the largest Library and relics in the world

["Temple Of Lund_Completed"] {"Temple of Lund Completed."}

["Temple Of Lund_Destroyed"] {"Temple of Lund Destroyed."}

AFTER THAT THE BUILDING SHOULD WORK
    You also have to add an entry in the names.txt file in the \loc\eng folder.

Using the above example:

["Temple of Lund"] {"Temple of Lund"}

Cheers Re Berengario I, I knew there was somthing missing.

I have managed to add the Warrior Hold, Stockade, and Fortified Village to the existing CASTLE entry, and the Pagan Shrines. I am going to work on adding Forest Clearing & Basic Farms next. The muster field, etc will follow.

Basically I want to create a DARKAGES_BUILD_PROD13.TXT I can declare in Darkages mods.

Thanks again...(I didn't know I was able to post in this forum)

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

:-)
    i copied this thread into the Repository for posterity
    :-)
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.