Thread: Effective Mongol Bridge Attacks

What's the most effective way to attack over a bridge with the Mongols?
    me gusta tu madre!

That is way hard. If you use cav then the enemy can block with naginata in hold and his arhcers will kill the cav. Now with melee units it can be also hard since Japanese units have better infantry.

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

if you can win a tiny little bit of space behind the bridge, you can use your skirmishers -> they withstand a long long time against arrows. And they kill the enemy Naginata that try to block the way. You have to bring in some other guys before, of cours, e.g. korean guardsmen.

------------------
    Strength and honour

Bomilkar Date
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Get A Bunch Of Spear Men And Skirmishers And A Few Horsies. Let 1 Skirmisher Go To The Middle Of The Bridge Looset Formation To Take All The Arrow Fire And When They Run Out Of Arrows Send Your Spearmen Over In Hold Formation And Position And When They Start To Attack You Make Your Spear Men Stand To Hold Their Guys Back And Get Your Skirmishers To Waste Mess Them Up And Send Your Horses In To Finish It Up After They Get Tired Of Fighting It Works For Me I Played A Few Comps Like That Me Being Attacker And I Did Pretty Well. Lol Sorry Its Run On Sentence
    Lil Bunny Foo Foo Likes To Take A Poo Poo....

Depends on what your facing and what you have on the field. Is this against AI or against a human? AI is simple - human is WAY to complex for there to be a "cookie cutter" answer. Here is how to beat the AI in bridge battles. (Works well with all japanese armies as well).

If you have a mid to high honor cav unit - preferably somewhat "damaged", move your ranged support up to get any bridge blockers to back out of ranged fire distance. I prefer to use my diamyo for this when available. Either way, run the horses across - but the moment the lead banner stops, issue another move order, to one side or the other. Go to whichever side gives you more maneuver room. The AI will advance a spear or 2, so you have to CTRL-R to make your horses MOVE and not get caught all strung out. Once they move, you move them out and around the enemy - usually with 2 or 3 spears chasing. At this point - make sure you avoid the Benny Hill code.....

Once you get the spears out of position, run either another heavy horse (JHC or JNC) across, or move your preferred infantry over. This will allow you to tie up any remainging H2H units quickly, and allow you to charge the missile units and rout them.

If done correctly, you can engage the enemy Taisho from the front, then charge his rear with the first unit you sent out. If you time it right, you can rout or kill the taisho before the chasing spears can hit your first horse group. Once the general routs, gang attack any remaining units (while still trying to get flanks and proper face to face unit matches) and they will break VERY quickly. It helps to have had your Yari Cav cross by now, since they are the best at running down fleeing troops. Also, try taking a couple of cav units and telling them to RUN to the far end, string out 2 deep and hold formation facing all the routers that they passed... oh the HUMANITY of the slaughter!!
    ROFL!!

Qapla!

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

That is the most common way i've heard BSM. I used it a lot a while ago but forgot how to use it to perfection. Thanx for the quick re-cap, now I can kill even more men

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Line up in the I-formation and play POWER. Run your men straight up the middle. Make sure you have POWER troops though, or you will fail. There is a basic underlying strategic value to this approach, but I can't in good faith reveal that... lest I jeopardize this strategy to online-junky-newbies...

Works very effectively against the AI and newbies. In fact, this very strategy is so far, undefeated in MP... apparently against newbies, of course...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

Vanya,

I guess your strategy has sth to do with the powerful (esp. in rain) Thunder bombers. But mate that won't work if the enemy has some wet gunnie wedges.

------------------
    Strength and honour

Bomilkar Date
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by BomilkarDate:
    Vanya,

I guess your strategy has sth to do with the powerful (esp. in rain) Thunder bombers. But mate that won't work if the enemy has some wet gunnie wedges.

[/QUOTE]

Tru-dat!

But my assessment was a generalized observation. As a Jap commander, sanda bomas are not an option as is the case with Mongols.

But POWER applied right will win the day.

Thank Buddha sanda bomas will never have to face wet gunny wedgies!

GAH!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]