Thread: The Word from ZD Net Gamespot

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...6189-1,00.html

Includes 4 screenshots and everything you've heard right here on TotalWar.Org

meoww

There's an interesting screenshot in the item you've posted katwomansz.

In that you can see there are 40-man Ninja Units!!!

Guess that means the generals enclosure is out the window as a valid target for the battlefield ninja

That's interesting. It looks like the ninja unit is 1/3 the size of a standard unit, and the (I'm guessing) sword saint is one man! I wonder if 16 sword saints can take out 1920 warrior monks? I hope there is a unit limit put on some of these very powerfull units.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

I doubt it

I'll be interested to see just how the Sword Saints work - whether they'll be incredibly powerful individual soldiers (remember the honour 15 monk thread a few weeks ago?) or whether their importance is more complex. For example, they could give morale bonuses to units within a certain radius, or improve the honour of your units (like the bonus of a good Taisho).

------------------
    MizuRob Hojo
    Honour to clan Takiyama

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

errmm...any ideas why the units in the strategy map screen-shot have those little flags along with the customary mon?
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

If you mean the ones on the game pieces themselves, beside the army strength bar, they might be somehow related to the general's honor indicator in the unit icons. Perhaps every unit with a honor 1+ general has a star flag. Or something.

Another thing I noticed: beside the province indicator, there are quick access buttons for the armies/heirs/economy/etc info windows! Yay!

------------------
    "The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
    - Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

hehe... I might as well post it know: Forget the monk rush... HOW DO YOU BEAT A KENSAI RUSH?

lol
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]