Thread: Help!! I\'m a fraggin\' new-b!!!

I'm new to playing shogun online, but i've noticed that some opponents get their musket units to fire individually, keeping up a constant rate of fire, rather than firing as a whole, like my units... which takes about 30 sec.... suckage... Where's the magic?
    quote:You can gaze upon the lords, but looking at the shogun will make you blind; and the emperor cannot be seen at all. -Old Japanese saying

If you have your musketeer unit in a 1 row or 2 row formation (wide but shallow formation), they will fire all at once. If you have them standing in 3 rows or more (less wide but deeper formation) they fire in cycles (thus more frequently).

Hope that answers your question.

thanks, very useful.. suspected as much but wanted to make sure... I was also curious, if you have Shogun WE, can you play with someone online who simply has Shogun (other than installing Shogun by itself seperately)
    quote:You can gaze upon the lords, but looking at the shogun will make you blind; and the emperor cannot be seen at all. -Old Japanese saying

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

nope. the two are not compatible. likewise with the various patches. gotta be the same game and the same patch to play together online.

K.

------------------
    The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by hecose:
    If you have your musketeer unit in a 1 row or 2 row formation (wide but shallow formation), they will fire all at once. If you have them standing in 3 rows or more (less wide but deeper formation) they fire in cycles (thus more frequently).

Hope that answers your question.
    [/QUOTE]

Not true. I have NEVER seen rotating fire from a musk in 4-deep formation. 3 is the only depth that provides rotating fire.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Vanya -- I believe there is rotating fire in all depths of 3 and beyond. In ranks of 4 or more only the first 3 ranks rotate, thus the others stay put. This gives a higher freshness rating to the entire unit, but you sacrifice maximum fire output. (3 ranks is the best blend of speed of fire i.e. you get the volley action, plus the most guys firing as possible.)
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Quote Originally posted by shingenmitch2:
    Vanya -- I believe there is rotating fire in all depths of 3 and beyond. In ranks of 4 or more only the first 3 ranks rotate, thus the others stay put. This gives a higher freshness rating to the entire unit, but you sacrifice maximum fire output. (3 ranks is the best blend of speed of fire i.e. you get the volley action, plus the most guys firing as possible.)[/QUOTE]

vanya he speaks the truth . . hehe i have seen some1 put thier guns in 7 ranks b4 . . .mad ppl!

------------------
    crying is good in a boy . . . it shows they are sensitive

crying is not good in a man . . . it shows they are a wuss!!!!!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

I used to do that JAG before i knew how to stretch them out, and before I stopped playing online...

------------------
    Grand Master of
    The Knights Templar
    "non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomine tuo da gloriam"

i cant even get onto eaplay.ive registered and all(i think)but i still cant get on

------------------
    know yourself and you will never be defeated

smillie.james@btopenworld.com
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.