Thread: Odawara

AAArgh!!!
    I have fought my way through every campaign and i am completely stuck at the very last battle - Odawara. i must have played it 10 times or more, trying as many different things as i can think of. Trouble is, even if I am 'winning' the battle, I get to 60% and lose every time. There aren't massive options as the enemy starts right upon you, at least in the middle. I find the enemy monks in particular seem to carve through anything. Please Help!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Here is a few tips:

1) Never accept an unfavourable challange, for instance, ND vs HC. Get out of harms way even if you lose 1/3 of your men.

2) Pull your right wing towards the centre.

3) Attack with left wing, except Nag.C. Pull back NC towards the centre.

4) Defeat monks with guns and archers.

5) Be careful to kill every routed men. They can "stuck on" the castle walls.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

To add to Cheetah's comments, immediately pull your center back into the woods behind you. You will chew up the Hojo cav and their taisho in the woods. As for game mechanics, create groups for the center, left and right wings before the battle starts. Doing that will speed up getting around the battlefield quickly.

It is a bugger of a battle and took me about 10 times to beat it. After each defeat, think about the battle and what went wrong. Then try to address the issue with the forces and deployment available to you.

------------------
    Gregoshi
    A Member of Clan Doragon
    This space intentionally left blank

Thanks very much folks, I'll give that a whirl.
    Glad i'm not the only Taisho to struggle with it (Negoroji was the other hard battle until I realised Yari Cav could actually beat Heavy Cav, which was a bit of a surprise I have to say)

long spears have a huge force behind them when being charged into someone, think of yari cav as mobile spearmen. Or dont...